RNG is a pattern, not random

Community Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
Every topic can result in heated discussions. It is not the place of the moderator to tell us what we can and can't talk about. It is simply your responsibility to make sure that the forum rules are followed. Locking a thread about topics like this only raises questions as to why Blizzard doesn't want us talking about this.
Search the internet for match making and blizzard, turns out that they have a pattent on a system that put matchmaking and other aspects more in your favor if you paid more.
Ouch oh yah better read this fast, this reply will be deleted before you can blink :D
Hello admin !! poor soul that only follows orders and being underpaid for it.
[quote="207579178234"]Search the internet for match making and blizzard, turns out that they have a pattent on a system that put matchmaking and other aspects more in your favor if you paid more.
Ouch oh yah better read this fast, this reply will be deleted before you can blink :D
Hello admin !! poor soul that only follows orders and being underpaid for it.[/quote

All of that was discussed in the thread they just locked. There is obviously a reason why they don't want this topic discussed.
/facepalm
You're reading comprehension seems to be really bad. Not surprising though. You perfectly know how that thread turned out. The OP who claimed rng is not random but a pattern, failed to provide any sort of pattern, went on a nerdrage mode later, and revert back to saying himself that there is no pattern but system just being rigged. It has become a ranting place for certain individual who blames every loss he had to a so-called 'pattern', which there was not really any pattern, but he was calling any interaction as pattern if it interfered with his play.

@firegaze
You're like a month late. It has been already discussed before, and there had been plenty of misunderstanding regarding it. There is a reason that discussion doesn't pop up anymore.
No surprise. When the "incognito" emplyees can't keep the thread in check, the big boys come and fix it.
Also, this being their forums, they really can forbid us from talking about things they dislike. It just shows the true colors.
11/17/2017 12:01 AMPosted by Horatio
No surprise. When the "incognito" emplyees can't keep the thread in check, the big boys come and fix it.
Also, this being their forums, they really can forbid us from talking about things they dislike. It just shows the true colors.
You can keep trying. But no mature people will follow you on 'oh, they get paid by Blizz to write comments' shenanigan. You'll notice apart from like 4-5 people, even some people who express their suscipion of how the system may be rigged never mention that nonsense. They know how immature and childish it sounds.
Also, the thread mentioned is locked, not deleted. Anyone can check for themselves what the thread is about and how it turned out. Anyone is welcome to refute my conclusion of the thread. They don't have to read the middle part, just the first part up until OP nerdrages and the last couple of pages.
11/16/2017 09:40 PMPosted by EvilB
Every topic can result in heated discussions. It is not the place of the moderator to tell us what we can and can't talk about. It is simply your responsibility to make sure that the forum rules are followed. Locking a thread about topics like this only raises questions as to why Blizzard doesn't want us talking about this.

The reason these type of threads are locked is for exactly the reason that Blizzard replied in the previous thread. The rigged "discussion" isn't a discussion at all. It's several posters that troll, insult and the thread ultimately turns into a flame war.

If both sides could keep this mature and civil and both sides approach this with an open mind, then I suspect the thread would continue to be open.

As an aside, the forums are meant to be a place where users can discuss, share experiences and help each other grow and learn by offering suggestions and assistance regarding builds, cards, etc.

One of the jobs of a moderator is to ensure that all users are treated with respect. When you troll or turn a discussion into a flame war and specifically insult other users, you are breaking the rule of conduct. That is why topics are locked and people banned.

You don't have to like the rules, but you need to abide by them. If not, you're free to go to reddit or other places and post there.
O look a mod locked a thread instead of addressing the fact we have shown 5 bits of evidence that it is in fact rigged.

I'd almost call that another point since he knew he couldn't defend his position and locked it instead.
So I've been reading up the forums and watching some videos lately, about how Hearthstone is supposedly rigged.

I'm not to say whether it is or isn't, although most of the hearthstone matches I play seem very rigged. I either win big, or lose before turn 4, because my opponent just seems to have the perfect curve. But it's not just one two or three of my opponents, it's like every single one of them.

I either have them dead in the opening hand/mid game, or they have me dead opening hand/mid game. There's virtually zero late game in Hearthstone. You're more likely to have a Bigfoot and Loch Ness Monster sighting, than to play a Hearthstone match that's lasted longer than 5 minutes.

Yet Blizzard keeps printing, these late game cards that have zero implications in the game. Cards like Archbishop Benedictus, Prince Malchezaar, Jungle Giants Quest, MTF, and so many other cool cards never see play. Why even print these kind of cards, when your epic and legendary cards, are viciously shredded, over shadowed by the likes of common cards such as Cobalt Scalebane, Bonemare, Hydrologist, Firefly etc?

There's no downside to playing these cards, you just win big.

Heck I've even seen Golakka Crawler, a card which was printed to fight against the pirate onslaught, only to be used in pirate decks, which only strengthened the pirate onslaught.

Although I have no way of proving this other than my sincerity, however, I do have a question.

If hearthstone is rigged by manipulated rng, why hide it? What's the purpose?

The reason I ask, is because if Blizzard came out and said Hearthstone is like playing a slot machine, I personally wouldn't have a problem with that. In fact, I'd probably enjoy Hearthstone a lot more, and have tons more respect for the developer's, because of their honesty.

Losing games, wouldn't feel as bad. Climbing the ladder wouldn't feel as bad. Although getting legendary rank, wouldn't feel as much of an honor. Personally making legendary rank, doesn't even really feel like an honor anyways.

How many of you would quit playing, if Blizzard came out and said that they manipulate the rng?

Is it not true, that slot machines have also been rigged in the houses favor for years? Are slot machines not popular? Do they not make the house millions of dollars a year?

So if Hearthstone is rigged, why not have the integrity to admit it to the players?
11/17/2017 04:33 AMPosted by Nightillus

So if Hearthstone is rigged, why not have the integrity to admit it to the players?

Because it would affect the inflow of real money. Slot machines have to pay out a certain percentage so there is still the hope that you could hit the jackpot. RNG rigged to induce frustration in order to get you to buy more cards doesn't really have a jackpot for anyone except Blizzard.
11/17/2017 05:22 AMPosted by EvilB

Because it would affect the inflow of real money. Slot machines have to pay out a certain percentage so there is still the hope that you could hit the jackpot. RNG rigged to induce frustration in order to get you to buy more cards doesn't really have a jackpot for anyone except Blizzard.

Correct, but just as slots have to pay a percentage in hopes of a jackpot, isn't Hearthstone in a familiar way the same? Couldn't Hearthstone also be rigged for a percentage of players to hit low ranks with the possibility of legendary?

Like I said, I'm not quite convinced yet, that Blizzard's monetary empire would take much if a hit, if any at all if they admitted Hearthstone was manipulated.

Believe it or not, more people than you can imagine play this game for the huge theatrics, memes, and random effects.

To provide you with some evidence to strengthen my case, just look at how much Yogg Saron was played in standard when Wotog was released.

Also compare the statistics to how much Mad Bomber, is picked up in comparison to Bloodfen Raptor, or River Crocolisk in Arena. Also how much Madder Bomber was picked up in Arena, during the days of GVG, Madder Bomber seemed like it was everywhere in Arena.

Point is that most people could give a crap less about skill. Most people, don't want skill, they want quick or long drama, and to win in quick or long dramatic fashion.
I will stick to game experience facts today.

I don’t think anyone can deny classes and certain cards tend to follow a certain path. Rarely do they stray.

In ranked my new deck gets on win streaks and then just as many losses. There are a few factors. Card selection (based on what you own). Strategy, only if facing equal or higher power cards. The Dealer! That RNG.

Last night I opt s to get out of ranked and enter standard casual.

My deck is rolling there! Today’s quest win 7 for 100. Only player already rage quit turn 4 after I played the 2/3 copy taunt minions. Poor guy had a very basic deck and felt mine was too powerful.

And that’s my whole beef no matter what I say on these forums. There is no in between. It’s crush or be crushed. And long time players say you just have to endure. They will make a 2nd account, know exactly where to cut corners and get playing. Meh.

This game comes down to breaking that pattern being played. And I will always feel just finding the cards the games loves to draw vs not. Having the power cards makes it easier and then that debatable strategy.

Game 2 just finishing now I lost in Casual. Druid face deck. Usual tap dance in the beginning he kept board controlled with taunts vs taunts and armoring up. I didn’t draw any Silence owls might not of made a difference. Nor did I draw either do 3 dmg for 1 overload. By turn 6 he has a full board and buffed em up +1. My Devolve the turn before should of been kept perhaps. I have dopplegangster but neither of the 2 evolves. Hats off to you. Had the cards to take out anything I could lay down and I had no board sweep. Got faced.

But if it’s like last night. I will lose 1in 5.
I'm not to say whether it is or isn't, although most of the hearthstone matches I play seem very rigged. I either win big, or lose before turn 4, because my opponent just seems to have the perfect curve. But it's not just one two or three of my opponents, it's like every single one of them.

I either have them dead in the opening hand/mid game, or they have me dead opening hand/mid game. There's virtually zero late game in Hearthstone. You're more likely to have a Bigfoot and Loch Ness Monster sighting, than to play a Hearthstone match that's lasted longer than 5 minutes.

Yet Blizzard keeps printing, these late game cards that have zero implications in the game. Cards like Archbishop Benedictus, Prince Malchezaar, Jungle Giants Quest, MTF, and so many other cool cards never see play. Why even print these kind of cards, when your epic and legendary cards, are viciously shredded, over shadowed by the likes of common cards such as Cobalt Scalebane, Bonemare, Hydrologist, Firefly etc?
Because it's not? What kind of decks are you playing? I have plenty of games that go late game. When facing against priest, control style mage, control warlock, jade druid, control warr, miracle rogue, how can you not go late game unless you're playing an aggro style deck(which you either win early, or lose because you went out of steam, not going late game)?

Benedictus is not a late game card per se. It's a grindy style, gimmick card.
Prince Malchazaar is and always was trash because of how it makes your deck inconsistent. Same goes for Benedictus with this. People who don't understand how constructed works don't get this, how having control of your deck is important.
Jungle Giant quest has the same problem as every other quest. Sacrificing turn 1 and two chances of mulligan is too huge.
MTF is still being tested in some control decks.

We must be playing a different game if you never have games that last more than 5 min.
There is no fun playing this game anymore. Everyone is playing with stupid aggro decks. I cannot play my cards I cannot play my legendarys all the time I need to struggle to survive for what? Game finish at 5 crystals and what's the point of playing. Only choice left is to join the club of braindead rushers but where is the fun then? And one more thing is how I always have the !@#$ hand and my opponent always the perfect one. Am I so unlucky or that %^-* system is really rigged as they say?
11/17/2017 08:32 AMPosted by Shizo
There is no fun playing this game anymore. Everyone is playing with stupid aggro decks. I cannot play my cards I cannot play my legendarys all the time I need to struggle to survive for what? Game finish at 5 crystals and what's the point of playing. Only choice left is to join the club of braindead rushers but where is the fun then? And one more thing is how I always have the !@#$ hand and my opponent always the perfect one. Am I so unlucky or that %^-* system is really rigged as they say?

That's the way I'm feeling atm. The decks that you can be competitive with are very limited, and god forbid you try to make a deck you like playing, it just gets beat because it's not good enough... BORING. I played Dragon Priest yesterday, and everytime I played another Priest, they always had Anduin, Raza and Valin before they reached half their deck. Did the programmers design it to be this way so Anduin Priest decks seem to be more powerful?
Be Paladin: Murloc Secret

Pattern: Hydrologist, Murloc Warleader. x2 in the 7 turns to face me. Murloc Tidecaller. Secret when minion dies return to hand. Ended up being Warleader. I had a Keeper of Secrets but is died too early. I have Eater of Secrets but never drawn. The game played out to where he could keep board clear and still have 1 health in buffed minion. Had Dopplegangster but no Evolve again. Was able to play 1 Devolve but never got a second by turn 7.

Next match vs Druid. Trying to face me by buffing beasts. He had a Pirate and buff his crab next turn earring his own. Had [2] 3/2 panthers but chose the +1 buff all. Had [2] buff all minions as well. A Ysera as well.

This time I get Silence cards at the right time. Can taunt block to play Devolve at the right time and by turn 7 he pretty burnt out and am getting started.

So again, in my opinion - several usual cards seen. Common to see.

Some good pattern breaking cards would be Devolve. But another one is really great but I don’t own is Brawl.

Why early on the game is frustrating because you just play this repeat pattern until you earn ornopen the pattern breaking cards. Then the dealer passing them out. Then last that one or two moments in a game where you need to think about activating a card now or end of turn. Or how to trade on the board.
11/17/2017 06:29 AMPosted by sky3union

Because it's not? What kind of decks are you playing? I have plenty of games that go late game. When facing against priest, control style mage, control warlock, jade druid, control warr, miracle rogue, how can you not go late game unless you're playing an aggro style deck(which you either win early, or lose because you went out of steam, not going late game)?

Benedictus is not a late game card per se. It's a grindy style, gimmick card.
Prince Malchazaar is and always was trash because of how it makes your deck inconsistent. Same goes for Benedictus with this. People who don't understand how constructed works don't get this, how having control of your deck is important.
Jungle Giant quest has the same problem as every other quest. Sacrificing turn 1 and two chances of mulligan is too huge.
MTF is still being tested in some control decks.

We must be playing a different game if you never have games that last more than 5 min.

I didn't say late game didn't exist, I said it virtually doesn't exist. We must be definitely playing different games, or perhaps you're just getting a different variety opponents than I. Of course, correct? Everyone's opponents will differ, and I mostly face aggro decks, while you're either getting a nice variety of aggro/control, or virtually all control.

The decks I mostly face daily, are murloc paladin, aggro druid, aggro rogue, aggro priest (yea it's a thing now), pirate warrior, aggro shaman with either murlocs, or shaman with devolve, discard warlock.

I face these decks daily, and though I have no proof to show you other than my sincerity, I can assure you that it's rare for me to see jade druid, although I have seen the deathknight priest lately, but not much around ranks 15 to 11, considering that's the ranks where I'm fumbling around at the moment.

You're explanation is invalid, as to why Benedictus, and Malchezaar exist. My point still stands, what's their purpose? Why create cards that could have potential, if they are going to be overshadowed by common cards.

It's simple 1+1, is what I am getting at. Epics and legendary cards in my personal opinion, should NEVER be overshadowed by the likes of a common card. Again, these common cards are insanely powerful "win more cards". Where are their drawbacks?

Common cards should be the building blocks, and intertwined with epics and legendary for unique deck building. Legendary and epics, should never be created to just sit around and collect dust, in your library. It's a waste of players time and money, and honestly a waste of Blizzards money.

To be honest, I believe that's where most of the complaining of hearthstone, is derived from. It's not the rng, or so called manipulated rng that truly pisses people off.

When you get to the root of the problem, it all stems from players who feel like they are being forced to play certain deck archtypes, with little variety. Frankly the only good idea that blizzard has came up with that has made an aggro deck, different than any other, is the discard warlock.

Point is they need more variety, and that variety should be shaped around cards like Jungle Giants, Benedictus, Malchezaar, Nozdormu etc etc etc. I could go on and on, but I'm certain you understand.
The reason these threads are locked is because they do not go anywhere or add anything to the discussions.

Regardless of how many times it is said that nothing is "rigged", some players will believe what they want regardless, and anyone who tries to point out why this statement is incorrect is either "hiding something" or "secretly paid to say so". This is how these threads have always gone. They have never changed and nothing new is ever added.

As well, it turns into many pages of the same argument between the same two sides. Heated discussions are fine to an extent. Once name calling and blatant disrespect starts, the thread will end up getting addressed.

I will leave this thread open for the topic to be discussed if that is what the community would like. However, please keep the following in mind while posting:

- This has been covered and addressed, by Blues, in this forums many times before. Our lack of engagement on the topic is not that we have nothing to say. It is that is has already been said.

- Attacking someone will not be tolerated. Keep conversations civil and productive. Failure to do so can lead to the thread being locked to prevent this from turning into a flaming match and/or actions against an individuals account.

- Wanting an opinion to be respected goes both ways. If someone disagrees with you, talk about it and present your sides if you wish. As mentioned, be respectful.

I have played card games for a long time. I know the frustrations that can occur. I do apologize if you feel a specific interaction within Hearthstone feels bad and would love to hear feedback regarding this. However, please try and deliver this feedback as constructive as possible.

Thank you.
Problem with giving blizzard feedback is unless you are a streamer of HS with millions of followers your feedback doesn’t mean a thing. You will never see an employee of blizz admit to manipulation, because if they did they wouldn’t be an employee for long. A blue poster stateing how much they play a blizzard title will always be skewed in favor of their employer.
11/17/2017 10:12 AMPosted by Bacon
Problem with giving blizzard feedback is unless you are a streamer of HS with millions of followers your feedback doesn’t mean a thing.

This isn't true.

11/17/2017 10:12 AMPosted by Bacon
A blue poster stateing how much they play a blizzard title will always be skewed in favor of their employer.

To be fair, I said I have played card games for a long time, never said anything about Blizzard games :)