Okay, starting to hate this.

Community Discussion
I have the right deck, the right strategy, but Marrowgar is still crushing me. No matter what I do or don't do, even if I do everything right, I still end up losing. He just HAPPENS to have EXACTLY every card he needs on hard to counter anything and everything I do and I just HAPPEN to NEVER get the cards I need to properly combo him until it is far too late.

Apperantly I'm just too stupid for this.
And shizz like this is just absurd and unfair.

He pulls out that STUPID bonespike card. I destroy it. He IMMEDIATLY pulls out another and a minion with taunt beside it. Did I get ANY of my other cards for dealing with it? Nope, of course not. May as well straight up concede because there is literally no way I can deal with that.
Use a combo deck like anyfin paladin
11/27/2017 06:16 AMPosted by clockworkfox
I have the right deck, the right strategy, but Marrowgar is still crushing me. No matter what I do or don't do, even if I do everything right, I still end up losing. He just HAPPENS to have EXACTLY every card he needs on hard to counter anything and everything I do and I just HAPPEN to NEVER get the cards I need to properly combo him until it is far too late.

Welcome to Patternstone. The game of pre programmed play. From start to finish the same cards flop at a high rate. Then, the splash of luck towards the middle or end. I win! No? Well now it’s up to who has the top cards of the meta. Flop them down now I win. Just a tiny hint of strategy so people can claim its a game of skill.
11/27/2017 06:43 AMPosted by Roughstack

I have no idea what anyfin paladin is. Wanna clarify instead of just saying words?
11/27/2017 06:47 AMPosted by nimabi

Welcome to Patternstone. The game of pre programmed play. From start to finish the same cards flop at a high rate. Then, the splash of luck towards the middle or end. I win! No? Well now it’s up to who has the top cards of the meta. Flop them down now I win. Just a tiny hint of strategy so people can claim its a game of skill.

Starting to feel like it. At least, against this boss. Normally I feel like it's fair enough MOST of the time, but this feels like if you don't go out and buy pack after pack, sorry, you spent no money- time for you to lose until you do!

I know that's not what it is but it certianly feels that way.
Was able to beat Marrowgar with basic cards priest deck on my alt account. So nope, you're not doing everything right if you still can't beat it with whatever deck you played. This may seem like a boasting epeen post, but it really isn't. I legitimately think you have l2p issue, as I'm the guy who thinks 'if I can do it, everyone can do it' attitude guy.

Yeah like monopoly or texas hold um..
Black jack.. or wait even in colonists of catan. Risk...ahh wait its almost in all board or card games... why does millions and billions of people like those kinda games.. its zero skills and totally not fun.. its making us slaves to RNG gawd..

In other words.. stop rambling.. this is how these kinda games work. Skill and luck combined.. now deal with it or lett ittt goooooo and play hello kitty island
Hey Clockworkfox!

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble >.<

Have you checked out the "Malto's Guided Tours" blogs? They cover how to tackle these encounters with lower costing decks :) Let me know if they help!

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/hearthstone/21116141/malto-s-guided-tours-the-lower-citadel
11/27/2017 10:23 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
Hey Clockworkfox!

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble >.<

Have you checked out the "Malto's Guided Tours" blogs? They cover how to tackle these encounters with lower costing decks :) Let me know if they help!

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/hearthstone/21116141/malto-s-guided-tours-the-lower-citadel

Do you know anything like this for karazhan heroic? I found some youtube videos but apparently it is different and more difficult now :(
11/27/2017 06:52 AMPosted by clockworkfox
11/27/2017 06:43 AMPosted by Roughstack

I have no idea what anyfin paladin is. Wanna clarify instead of just saying words?

Really dude? Use your head, you have google available to you right? Google “anyfin paladin deck” help yourself a bit.
11/27/2017 07:17 PMPosted by Roughstack
11/27/2017 06:52 AMPosted by clockworkfox

Really dude? Use your head, you have google available to you right? Google “anyfin paladin deck” help yourself a bit.
I beat Marrowgar with Jade druid (without Aya). All you need to do is survive until you get enough onboard for a one turn kill (as he fully heals each turn). Priest can do this also with big health minions, two divine spirits (possibly with one or two power word shields) and inner fire. Considering that murlocs have low health issues a bonestorm or three {especially with the bloodmage in play) can ruin your day.
11/27/2017 08:11 PMPosted by Grimnosh
11/27/2017 07:17 PMPosted by Roughstack

I beat Marrowgar with Jade druid (without Aya). All you need to do is survive until you get enough onboard for a one turn kill (as he fully heals each turn). Priest can do this also with big health minions, two divine spirits (possibly with one or two power word shields) and inner fire. Considering that murlocs have low health issues a bonestorm or three {especially with the bloodmage in play) can ruin your day.

Anyfin is a OTK combo deck, you want your murlocs to die
You just gotta make a deck designed to kill his deck. Don't bother going face. Just pick cards that counter his cards once he is out of things to do he just kinda auto loses the game. I played a shaman deck and just used hex and devolve to maximize their efficiency and take down his 0/8 plays. Then I made it so bonestorms were less painful. Priest can also easily do this with cards like mass dispel, silence, stealing minions with 2 attack or less.

Several of the bosses were like this. Sometimes you just have to accept a fight will last 20 turns and not try and go for turn 5 kills like in regular play. Unless it is lich king himself...then yeah have fun because several classes do have to kill him by turn 5 or 6.
11/27/2017 09:11 PMPosted by Roughstack
<span class="truncated">...</span>I beat Marrowgar with Jade druid (without Aya). All you need to do is survive until you get enough onboard for a one turn kill (as he fully heals each turn). Priest can do this also with big health minions, two divine spirits (possibly with one or two power word shields) and inner fire. Considering that murlocs have low health issues a bonestorm or three {especially with the bloodmage in play) can ruin your day.

Anyfin is a OTK combo deck, you want your murlocs to die
Anyfin NEEDS the warleaders and oracles (possibly tidecallers if its the first or second played for the extra boost) to be summoned by Anyfin... its random what you get with it so you may not get what you need while jade and big priest are slower but also more reliable with armor and healing spells/minions to keep you alive and also having kill spells or silences to deal with the bonespikes.

He is talking about a PVE encounter... what are you rambling on about?
11/27/2017 06:11 PMPosted by TonyJCF
Do you know anything like this for karazhan heroic? I found some youtube videos but apparently it is different and more difficult now :(

It is RIDICULOUS now (as in cheap/annoying/hard), most budget decks can't do it with less than 50+ tries and/or are too much luck of the draw based. Fortunately, I have something more consistent for you:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20759251107#post-4

Did it with 3 tries (plus 4 restarts due to bad mulligans), hope it helps!

Good luck! :]

Same with heroic LoE. I've been stuck on Heroic Scarvash for the last year.

There could be :D

If the community would find value out of something like this, we could look to include it in the "Malto's Guided Tours" line.