spamming emotes should get you squelched

Play Mode Discussion
It takes like half a second to squelch someone. I do it at the very start of the game, every game and after a while I don't even notice doing it anymore. It requires such little effort on your part that I don't see why the devs should go through the trouble of reworking or removing it. Besides, if you emote too much it locks you out of emoting for a while anyway.
Do a greetings and see what type of response you get back.
If they spam emotes, just mute him/her. It's less muscles to do that than smile.
Astonishing
It baffles me how many people on these forums get their feelings hurt from a cartoon avatar's emotes. Maybe this isn't the game for you if you're that delicate.
Fun fact: At least 14 people like spamming emotes.

11/16/2017 11:21 AMPosted by Mand

Complains about emote etiquette.
Threatens physical violence over a card game.

Stay classy, my friends.

Although I don't agree with what you quoted, I couldn't help but laugh when you of all people tell another to stay classy.

As far as on topic, the game does make a player wait a moment before emoting again. But it doesn't punish for a lot of emoting. I just squelch after 3-4 emotes. It's boring to play against a very vocal opponent but entertaining when they surrender.
Anduin: "WOW!" x 100
1- you can squelch
2- if you spam too much emotes too quickly, you get muted for about 30 seconds
3- stop whining so much hailfail
I get triggered every time I see an opponents face. Emotes or not. That's why I need to destroy it.
11/16/2017 01:31 PMPosted by Ihateppl
I get triggered every time I see an opponents face. Emotes or not. That's why I need to destroy it.

To SMOrc or not to SMOrc.
11/15/2017 09:45 PMPosted by HailFall
...they should be removed. they serve no purpouse except promoting absolutely inexcusable behavior that would get you punched in the face in real life

I should not have to be troubled every game just because other people can't act like decent human beings online

Stay classy, my friends.
I didn't threaten anyone. But if you showed up somewhere and started being a huge jerk to everyone for no reason, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to you
11/16/2017 01:47 PMPosted by HailFall

Stay classy, my friends.
I didn't threaten anyone. But if you showed up somewhere and started being a huge jerk to everyone for no reason, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to you
When the words "wow" or "well played" constitute being a violence-worthy jerk IRL you be sure and let me know.

Also, punching someone for saying something you don't like is how you wind up with assault charges. L2Adult.
11/16/2017 01:50 PMPosted by Wardrum
<span class="truncated">...</span>I didn't threaten anyone. But if you showed up somewhere and started being a huge jerk to everyone for no reason, I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to you
When the words "wow" or "well played" constitute being a violence-worthy jerk IRL you be sure and let me know.

Also, punching someone for saying something you don't like is how you wind up with assault charges. L2Adult.
I never said I would, nor did I say it was appropriate to do such a thing.

When said in a loud condescending tone I have a feeling that people would get punched. Well at least at a bar full of testosterone.

lol @ disliking the truth.
...When the words "wow" or "well played" constitute being a violence-worthy jerk IRL you be sure and let me know.

I never said I would, nor did I say it was appropriate to do such a thing.

You clearly said that type involving using too many emotes would result in a person getting punched in the face.
So in a way, you are saying it's okay to punch a person if he shows that sort of behavior in your opinion.
11/16/2017 02:40 PMPosted by OniEyes
...I never said I would, nor did I say it was appropriate to do such a thing.

You clearly said that type involving using too many emotes would result in a person getting punched in the face.
So in a way, you are saying it's okay to punch a person if he shows that sort of behavior in your opinion.
no. I said that could happen to them. I didnt say "go around punching people who BM you in hearthstone", im saying there are people who would do that kind of thing.
no. I said that could happen to them. I didnt say "go around punching people who BM you in hearthstone", im saying there are people who would do that kind of thing.

Who'd the hell would punch someone for BM in Hearthstone and who the hell would that person know that specific person is BMing people?

I mean I get it if there's a creepy guy in a robe constantly stalking you and saying "Wow." but mostly that would just result in that said person been taken by the authorities and given to a mental institution.
11/16/2017 02:21 PMPosted by WSanity

When said in a loud condescending tone I have a feeling that people would get punched. Well at least at a bar full of testosterone.

lol @ disliking the truth.
lol @ coming up with as irrelevant of an example as possible just to try and be right about something.

Clearly you've never been involved in any pool tournaments in a "bar full of testosterone". Hearthstone BM is nothing.
But guuuuuuyyyyyyyssssss.

I am offended, and that should be everyone else's problem!
11/16/2017 04:54 PMPosted by Wardrum
lol @ coming up with as irrelevant of an example as possible just to try and be right about something.

Clearly you've never been involved in any pool tournaments in a "bar full of testosterone". Hearthstone BM is nothing.

I gave you a solid example and let you know... like you asked. Then you 1 up me. I am confused about your goal.
11/17/2017 05:03 AMPosted by WSanity
11/16/2017 04:54 PMPosted by Wardrum

I gave you a solid example and let you know... like you asked. Then you 1 up me. I am confused about your goal.
Have you ever actually seen someone get punched in the face for saysaying wow or well played in a condescending manner as banter between two players? Since you had to come up with an imaginary scenario knowing full well that the context of this discussion is regarding playing CCGs (likely not taking place in whatever testosterone filled biker bar you're thinking of) I'm gonna say probably not.

"I have a feeling that people would get punched" isn't a solid example in any sense of the word. I simply replied to your snarky "lol @ disliking the truth" comment.