How many people Squelch Emoters?

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
I usually let it go for a bit. If they give me a greeting, I don't usually respond, but I don't squelch. If they do much more than that, I squelch.
I give them a hello at the beginning of the game to be friendly. then they are squelched just because of the amount of players who like to BM.
11/16/2017 01:36 PMPosted by Krohnos
I give them a hello at the beginning of the game to be friendly. then they are squelched just because of the amount of players who like to BM.

Generally this. If I don't squelch immediately, I always regret it sooner or later.
I definitely squelch my Enemies whenever i can. No good can come from these emotes, and thus i do not want them. As such, i'd very much like a feature where i can automaticly squelch my opponent so i don't have to deal with that BS when i occasionally forget. it truely ruins the game for me.
11/16/2017 02:21 PMPosted by Tyani
I definitely squelch my Enemies whenever i can. No good can come from these emotes, and thus i do not want them. As such, i'd very much like a feature where i can automaticly squelch my opponent so i don't have to deal with that BS when i occasionally forget. it truely ruins the game for me.

So sad.
No good can come from interactions with other humans... Safer to isolate.
I squelch as soon as I'm able to almost every match.
Auto squelch needs to be an option - the moment they start bm'ing i just squelch and rope them every turn
11/15/2017 10:56 PMPosted by Mesden
Just curious how many people here will squelch someone who Emotes?

If anyone emotes me (other than a single Well Met before the first turn), they get squelched AND roped for the rest of the game.

11/15/2017 10:57 PMPosted by Pockett
We need auto squelch in this game. I do it at the very beginning of every game. It's a useless interaction in every way.

QFT

If anyone emotes me (other than a single Well Met before the first turn), they get squelched AND roped for the rest of the game.

[/quote]How DARE someone use something that's in the game for any reason at all, those fiends!!
I'm happy with emotes. If the opponent is mature, for example if I make a good play and the opponent says well played, then I'll take the time to look at their user name. Before the menu changes I would have sent a friend request after the game, too.
If the opponent uses emotes in a stupid way I just switch them off.

I like emotes, it's part of the game. It's better that they are automatically on then automatically off.
Some people are genuinely nice...they comment kindly on good plays you do and bad plays they do...I usually wait to see them abusing it, then squelch.
Roping is an annoying yet useless thing to do. One day, your brain will realize you're only wasting your own time...the other person is there for fun too...they're likely not going to quit because you're being a jackass...I've seen it only a few times in the entire time I've played...

What if someone throws a fireball at your hero?

I mean seriously. These "buttons" are in the game and you're mad if someone uses one? What is your problem?

You really get flipped if someone says "wow" in the middle of a match?

How do you react IRL if in a fast food line (pretty safe bet) they turned and said "hello". Would you run away? (to a different fast food line)

Now if someone went outside of normal channels and tried to obtain your personal information to harass you, sure you can be bent.

But shhesh
11/16/2017 10:51 PMPosted by Devastator
Roping is an annoying yet useless thing to do. One day, your brain will realize you're only wasting your own time...the other person is there for fun too...they're likely not going to quit because you're being a jackass...I've seen it only a few times in the entire time I've played...

Not wasting my time. I do work on the other screen or catch up on netflix. its like teaching a kid, if you're gonna be bad you get a time out. Also i love the fact that apparently im the jackass when they are the one BM'ing LOL
I usually squelch at the beginning. Everyone just seems to be super obnoxious it's really pathetic, although it's at least funny when they BM you and lose anyways.
I always insta-squelch. It's not only because of emote spam, but rather emotes distract me. I just perform better that way.
I auto-squelch at the start of every game. Wish it was a setting.

It provides no value to me in the game, and I don't need the added flare of someone spamming emotes when they get perfect RNG to win the game.
Well, the feature is there if they bother you that bad. I'm glad you use it to protect your delicate feelings. We don't need a forum thread to announce you're over sensitive to a cartoon avatar's emotes and use squelch to hide in your safe place.
When you rope your opponent for BMing you're not only wasting your own time but you're also telling your opponent that their behavior is getting the best of you. The best way to deal with this behavior is to just ignore it and squelch them. Trolls feed off of your response.
Pretty game for any emotes, can be fun at times, BUT! Anduin spamming his WOW! game over. The only emote that has to squelched. PRONTO.