Deathstalker Rexxar Update

Play Mode Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Greetings,

Many players have noticed that Deathstalker Rexxar’s Hero Power does not include any of the new Beasts that were added with the Kobolds & Catacombs expansion.

Since then, some players have provided constructive feedback regarding the state of Deathstalker Rexxar, and we agreed that a change to the Hero Power was warranted.

As such, we will be updating Deathstalker Rexxar’s Hero Power to include new Beasts going forward. Please be patient, as this is a fairly complicated endeavor and we may need to start with a smaller change before a more permanent solution is implemented. We don’t have a date for this change to share with you today, but we will provide more information once we have it.

Please also note that as new Beasts are released, we may need to mark some of them as exempt for various reasons, much like how King of Beasts is currently excluded from the pool of Beasts that Deathstalker Rexxar’s Hero Power can pull from.

Thank you for providing constructive feedback. We see your love and passion for Hearthstone and believe that the best way to make Hearthstone better is to do so together.

See you all in the Tavern!
Highly Rated
'Grats to the guys who spearheaded this on many forums.

Next season won't be about crazy small pools =)
Highly Rated
Great news. The most fun/funniest DK is now even cooler.
Highly Rated
Thank you for listening to community feedback Blizzard CS and devs!
No LIKE function enabled for blue post?
That's huge.

All around huge.

From the listening to our concerns to addressing and implementing changes to coming to these forums and telling us.

Big thanks.
Thank you SO much! I know it took work to fix this and i'm very happy to hear that work is being done.
Awesome! Why is king of beasts exempt though? Because of the text?
12/12/2017 10:15 AMPosted by Reaver
No LIKE function enabled for blue post?

You get liked instead :)

Great news and good job all those who pushed, excellent.
Happy to see this kind of dedication to resolving an issue in the game. Good job guys. Good job. First hearing this news basically had me hovering over the dust button on DK Rex, but now I'm happy I kept it.
12/12/2017 10:19 AMPosted by Alpr
Awesome! Why is king of beasts exempt though? Because of the text?

Guessing: How many beasts would the King of Beasts himself be?

But yes, awesome change. Thanks for listening!
This is absolutely the best outcome!

Personally I don't think that DK Rexxar needs to be updated indefinitely. When KFT leaves standard I think it would be fair enough to stop updating the hero power.
You see, i'm having a TOTAL BLAST playing Spell Hunter, and 3 days ago i crafted DK Rexxar, the only DK i was still missing.

I knew it wouldnt get updated and i felt dissapointed but anyway i thought maybe it would make it more consistent (often you need a Taunt minion, or Poisonous) but im really glad you guys decided to update him so that more beasts can be added and the Hero Power stays unique, relevant and so fun.

Thanks a lot.
12/12/2017 10:26 AMPosted by VorpalWarpal
This is absolutely the best outcome!

Personally I don't think that DK Rexxar needs to be updated indefinitely. When KFT leaves standard I think it would be fair enough to stop updating the hero power.

I said yesterday all they need to do is create a restricted pool from each xpac to reduce the total number of combinations.

You don't need all beasts, just an inclusive sample of all abilities and bodies.
Thank you for this, while I was upset and disappointed of the initial news about Deathstalker Rexxar not getting updated for new Beasts, I wasn't going to threaten to quit or anything.

As a player wjo HEAVILY playes and enjoys the DK Here cards, this is a fantastic choice Blizzard, well done.
I approve of this. Doesn't it currently exclude beasts that cost 6-10? Perhaps future complex beasts could just be 6+ cost minions... complex/wordy mechanics are usually only on expensive minions, anyway.
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!
Welp, I guess I know what I'm crafting tonight lol.

Well played, Team 5.
omg good news from blizzard? wow wow wow?
But why king of beasts excluded? what are the odds? lol
AMEN!!!