Slow and laggy including fix

Mac Technical Support
I'm the same camp as everyone else. Scan and repair fixed the issue but I wouldn't call it an ideal fix as it has to be repeated after each restart.

EDIT: I should add that I am on a 2017 5k iMac with the Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB running Mac OS Mojave.
YUP!!!!! STILL NOT FIXED!!!! Blizzard doesn't care though.
After the latest patch I am having a lot of issues with my game running very slow.
Same here, since updating to Rastakhan's Rumble, game runs slow
The recent reports of the slow performance issues have been linked with security applications. Does it help to temporarily disable or uninstall the security application on the system? We have seen some reports of adding exceptions for the location here has helped a few:
C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Blizzard\Hearthstone

If this helps, what security application is currently on the system?
@Caterpepi

I was wondering the same thing myself and I have done the following in my attempts to fix the issue myself. I am running a 2017 5k iMac 3.8Ghz i5, 16Gb of Memory, Radeon Pro 580 with 8Gb of Ram.

- I have tried creating a brand new user on the mac to try and determine if its something loaded in ~/Library/preferences or ~/Library/Application Support

- I have disabled all other applications running at startup (dropbox daemon, adobe creative cloud loader, and a handful of others)

- I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled hearthstone

- Ran a bunch of the normal maintenance operations mac's run normally in off hours (clearing memory, garbage collection, etc.)

So far none of these have fixed it as well as running "scan and repair" before I go to run the game each time. It's almost acting as if all of the raster graphics aren't being loaded into memory or at least seeing some massive delay (per your suggestion of the security programs). The only problem is I am not running any "security applications" outside of what Mac OS Mojave is doing by default. I have file vault on (as that is on by default in mac os mojave) but really don't want to turn it off and I don't see any performance implications in anything else I run (heroes of the storm for example).

The only thing I can think to do next would be to wipe my whole system and reinstall everything but thats signing up for a lot of work just for one application mis behaving.

Does any of this info help? Is there anything else I can provide that would help diagnose and fix this?
So I decided to get even more aggressive with anything running on my system and I came across something rather interesting.

I happen to have a logitech g602 mouse and the logitech software installed on my mac to help manage the mouse settings (resolution, extra button assignments). I noticed that the software had updates available but the software hadn't yet properly updated even though its supposed to daily. I had to manually uninstall/reinstall the mouse software update and then restart but upon doing so I noticed that hearthstone is now acting snappier again. No dropped frames so far.

I don't want to call this fixed just yet but if the lagging doesn't return my issue might have been the result of old and faulty logitech mouse software.
Every since the new expansion, I get bad lag on both PC and phone with this game, a good 10 second per card play, I tried every fix and nothing, so work for a couple of games but nothing that last. This game is unplayable. You contact Activision because it's not blizzard anymore, you get the dummy trouble shooting over and over again. I have no problem with any other game, from classic to new, this is the only one, added I might have to run CPU grabber or other problems for issue with classic games but nothing that can't be dealt with.
This work finally, Uninstall Hearthstone and Battle.net. Do not reinstall yet but follow these additional steps:

1. Open file explorer/file manager
2. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA%
3. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
5. Empty the recycle bin.
then reinstall.
Well after this latest patch my issue has returned. I will likely give @WLatchaw's suggestion a test. The issue that I resolved by updating my mouse drivers now persists even with those up to date.

This issue feels exclusive to the mac and something I am running on the system as the issue doesn't occur on my other mac or my pc.

Join the Conversation

Return to Forum