Plug-Ins and Add-on's

Community Discussion
Hello everyone.
I've seen streamers playing with deck trackers and other plug-ins.
I know that many add-on's are forbidden and may get a player banned... so the question is, how can we know which program is officially allowed and which is not? Is there a list of them?
Thanks!
The ones I use, which I've seen others use are Innkeeper and deck tracker.

https://www.innkeeper.com
https://hsdecktracker.net/

Some things to say on that. Innkeeper runs with hearthpwn.com, and you can use that to auto sync your collection and decks with their site. Decktracker is useful for recording your game replays and also deck management. One thing I'd suggest is turning off deck tracking for one or the other so that both don't pop up during a match.

Now here's the other thing. It took me a long time to consider using just Innkeeper since I was worried it was dangerous in the eyes of Blizzard. I didn't want to lose my account. I'm I.T. savvy (smart with computers) and very technically minded, so I was going through all the scenarios for how this software was working and the concerns of using it.

I'm not saying to trust me though. You need to make your own judgement call on that, but I trusted it enough, both softwares to use them and keep using them. I've posted links to replays on the forums, those don't get deleted. Other post with reference to hearthpwn.

I have my twitch account linked through hearthpwn,
and my twitch account is linked with my battle.net account through twitch
and twitch is linked with amazon prime for fancy bonuses.

At this point, it seems very reasonable that Blizzard does not mind Innkeeper or Decktracker running. That could change. Don't trust me, but so far so good all year and I think last year when had this too.

So do as you wish.
deck trackers are allowed officially. Ben Brode tweeted about it when trackers 1st became a thing.
It does not do anything you are not able to do with pencil and paper.
Hearthstone Deck Tracker is the most commonly used,
Innkeeper works as well.
each has something the other doesnt i believe.
HS decktracker saves games to HSreplay for reviewing your matches . shows a bit more information within your games too.

innkeeper connects to hearthpwn and can save your card collection for being able to show others what cards you have. and through hearthpwn checking card lists, will tell you how much dust you need to craft a deck.
The deck trackers are neither plug-ins nor are they add-ons. They are separate applications that do nothing but read files and display the information gathered back to you in a form that you can understand and interface with. They do nothing to interact with or otherwise alter or interfere with the game's code or other files.

In fact, you can close the game while the deck trackers are running and their function still remains on your desktop as if you were still in-game, aside from the countdown timers and other miscellaneous information displayed in the deck tracker windows that is cleared when not in a match, as you would no longer be in a match.

And on that note, even if Ben Brode had not acknowledged and accepted the use of the deck trackers, Blizzard would be absolutely powerless to do anything about it anyway, as there is no possible way for them to govern such a program. They either had to just ignore it or come out and accept it, those were the only options logically available to them.
Thank you guys! It helped me make a decision!
Thanks for the informations!
12/26/2017 08:32 AMPosted by Lykos

Some things to say on that. Innkeeper runs with hearthpwn.com, and you can use that to auto sync your collection and decks with their site. Decktracker is useful for recording your game replays and also deck management. One thing I'd suggest is turning off deck tracking for one or the other so that both don't pop up during a match.

Now here's the other thing. It took me a long time to consider using just Innkeeper since I was worried it was dangerous in the eyes of Blizzard. I didn't want to lose my account. I'm I.T. savvy (smart with computers) and very technically minded, so I was going through all the scenarios for how this software was working and the concerns of using it.

I'm not saying to trust me though. You need to make your own judgement call on that, but I trusted it enough, both softwares to use them and keep using them. I've posted links to replays on the forums, those don't get deleted. Other post with reference to hearthpwn.

At this point, it seems very reasonable that Blizzard does not mind Innkeeper or Decktracker running. That could change. Don't trust me, but so far so good all year and I think last year when had this too.

So do as you wish.

Sooo basically... You cheat. Gotcha. If you need "Plug ins" and "Add ons" for Copystone, then you're hopeless and nothing more than an "approved" cheater. Deck tracker? Might as well just see the other guy's cards and / or just get a bot to play the game for you.
02/25/2019 05:10 PMPosted by CrazyIntent
12/26/2017 08:32 AMPosted by Lykos

So do as you wish.

Sooo basically... You cheat. Gotcha. If you need "Plug ins" and "Add ons" for Copystone, then you're hopeless and nothing more than an "approved" cheater. Deck tracker? Might as well just see the other guy's cards and / or just get a bot to play the game for you.

It's not cheating if the ones who made the game allow it in the first place.