Percentage of legendary cards

Community Discussion
Hi All, what is the percentage of getting legendary cards. I've bought 14 packs 2 days ago plus opened 4 packs since and only got 3 epic cards. Plus I've probably opened 10-20 other packs since I last got a legendary. I feel robbed! I don't think I will be spending anymore money on this game. Wish I didn't love it so much!
Source Hearthstone Wiki

All card packs guarantee a card of Rare or better rarity, among the 5 cards opened.[1] This means every card pack will guarantee having at least one card of Rare/Epic/Legendary rarity, or in other words, all 5 cards will never be all of Common rarity.[2]
All types of card pack have the same chances at rarities and golden cards.[3][4][5]
Opening 100 packs from an expansion set is roughly equivalent to obtaining 75% of the cards in that set.[6]
100 packs is approximately (98/98) Commons, (64/72) Rares, (20/54) Epics, and (4.5/20) Legendaries (taking Mean Streets of Gadgetzan as the example set).[7]
According to the meta-study data in this article from 2015, the average number of packs to open before receiving another Legendary card is 18.
Cards are decided during the opening of packs, not during the moment of purchase.[8]
A case has been made for "predetermined rarities" when opening packs "again".[9] This probably means that Hearthstone uses some method of seeding that allows it to determine the rarities of a player's future cards well in advance, and snapshots of the seeding progress are cached periodically server-side as a back-up mechanism in case of a system or database failure, as is what happened in China.
A true Hearthstone pack opening simulator cannot be created unless the source code is revealed. (See Discussion)
However, using the data showing the probability percentages of opening cards belonging to each rarity type, a user-generated "pack opening" simulator can be created. Employing Monte Carlo repeated simulation of such pack openings can yield information as to the average number of "missing" and "extra" cards a player may receive from opening "n" packs. Information as to the amount of dust obtained from disenchanting all "extra" cards obtained from such packs can also be obtained.
Other simulators may base their simulation on guesses as to how individual cards are selected to be opened from the card pool. The raw data obtained from this article can be used to either debunk or verify such hypothetical user-generated pack opening simulators.
As seen with the Tri-class card opening bug on December 1, 2016, in which Tri-class cards had a higher than normal chance of appearing in packs, there appears to be a card-opening variable based on "Classes".
China is, by law, requiring games which feature random drops purchasable by money, to publicly release the drop rates/statistics for those random drops, effective May 1, 2017. This includes Hearthstone.[10]
Blizzard complied with this law on April 2, 2017, by making a post to their Chinese forums.[11][12] The officially announced drop rates are:
RARE - At least 1 rare or better in each pack.
EPIC - Average of 1 every 5 packs.
LEGENDARY - Average of 1 every 20 packs.
Thanks, so basically every 25 packs you should get a legendary. I know where I won't be spending my money. At least I should be due one then.
I havent diligently kept track of number of packs opened to see if the ratio pans out. I usually get my free pack - pop it open and *sigh* 4 commons and a rare again. So I tend to disbelieve the drops rates because a lot of time passed before I see an epic or legendary. Keep track, I would be curious.
12/31/2017 09:46 AMPosted by nimabi
I havent diligently kept track of number of packs opened to see if the ratio pans out. I usually get my free pack - pop it open and *sigh* 4 commons and a rare again. So I tend to disbelieve the drops rates because a lot of time passed before I see an epic or legendary. Keep track, I would be curious.

Unfortunately for you and the exceptionally large sample size you provided of a single pack, multiple 3rd party websites have been tracking thousands upon thousands of openings for years. The numbers have stayed relatively the same the entire time.

The average chance to get a legendary is 1 in 20, which I believe (correct me if im wrong) is a 5% chance per pack at getting one.
This has to be the best card day ever for me!! I usually save up 1000 gold and buy 10 packs at a time, but for some reason i decided to buy a single pack after having a great game, it was a long drawn out game where we both ran out of cards and we were down to 1 health each and i ended up winning from my opponent dying from fatigue. So i felt lucky and bought one pack to celebrate, and i ended up getting 2 Legenday cards and 3 common from that single pack, i was in shock, i called my brother to come over and see in person, he only lives a few blocks from me but i had to show him. Thank you Blizzard for making my day!!!
0%
I frequently see the 1 in 25 stat, but my personal experience has always been 1/40 (almost on the dot).
Yeah I'd have to agree it's probably closer to 1 in 40....
AGAIN !

PLZ REFER - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20767789084

Forum Moderator Note: While the advice and/or information given in an older thread could have been accurate at the time, it may be now be outdated or a reply to an old thread could be overlooked. For these reasons please avoid 'necro' posting. If you have a similar issue and the advice previously given hasn't helped then please create a new thread with all relevant information.