Daily Quest Issue: Update Jan. 4

Community Discussion
EDIT January 4: The three Kobolds and Catacombs packs have been delivered to all players and can now be found in the Gift area of the Blizzard Battle.net app. To redeem on mobile, just log into Blizzard Battle.net via your favorite browser. If you’re on PC, you can click the gift icon on the upper right next to your Battletag or click here.

Greetings,

Thanks for helping to make the launch of Kobolds & Catacombs legendary! Millions of players joined us to explore the vast kobold dungeons, and we hope all your adventures into the depths have been incredibly fun.

After launch, we discovered something not-so-fun: an issue that delayed some players from receiving new daily quests after logging in, largely due to the unexpected impact that so many Dungeon Runs had on our services. We immediately set to work investigating the issue and implemented hotfixes to resolve it. We’re still working on it, but at this point the delay is significantly reduced, and in most cases players will now see their daily quests immediately upon log in.

Due to the nature of the issue, some players may still experience a delay between 10-30 minute after logging in to get their daily quest. Here are some steps you can take to prompt the quest log to update if you are not already seeing new quests upon login.

• Check your quest log 10-30 minutes after logging in for the first time after quests reset. You need not remain logged in for that time.

• Manually refresh the quest log by pushing the Quest Log button.

• Play games in Play Mode or Arena (Note that Dungeon Run will not cause the quest log to update).

• Note: If you happen to complete your quest without seeing the quest log update, you’ll still be properly rewarded.

We’re currently working on short-term solutions that should soon make these additional steps unnecessary, and we plan on implementing better long-term solutions in the new year.

We understand how important daily quests are to the experience of Hearthstone, and we’re sorry for any confusion or frustration affected players might have experienced. As a celebration of Kobolds and Catacombs and a thank you to affected players for being patient while we worked to fix this issue, we’re sending all Blizzard players three Kobolds & Catacombs card packs, for free, on us!

Your free card packs will arrive via Blizzard Battle.net gifting in early January. To redeem on mobile, just log into Blizzard Battle.net via your favorite browser. If you’re on PC, you can click the gift icon on the upper right next to your Battletag. If your packs don’t appear in-game after you claim them, please try restarting Hearthstone.

Thanks for joining us in the tavern, and we wish you warmth and joy for the holidays!
Something free! Should I complain that it is too small, or rejoice that it is free?
Highly Rated
3 packs FeelsGoodMan
Well, thanks, are these gonna be useless Frozen Knight packs? Or at least from K&C?
'cause the 3 packs from this week's brawl sucked hard
RemindMe! Jan 2018

https://account.blizzard.com/gifts/

Wait this isn't reddit .....
12/21/2017 07:31 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
• Note: If you happen to complete your quest without seeing the quest log update, you’ll still be properly rewarded.

My experience yesterday was different: I won a game with Paladin. Afterwards the "new" quest popped up: 3 wins with Paladin - 0/3
12/21/2017 09:10 AMPosted by Fenrir
Well, thanks, are these gonna be useless Frozen Knight packs? Or at least from K&C?

This was answered this in the post.

12/21/2017 07:31 AMPosted by Jesse Hill

As a celebration of Kobolds and Catacombs and a thank you to affected players for being patient while we worked to fix this issue, we’re sending all Blizzard players three Kobolds & Catacombs card packs, for free, on us!

Disagree that KFT packs are useless and, regardless, the announcement says KnC.
thank you and bless you all @ blizzard.

Great! Blizzard, I’ll take any packs from unappreciative players. Send me Fenrir’s since they clearly don’t want them.
2 weeks times 40g quest is 560g or 5.6 packs. I may have gotten a quest here and there cause I changed my app language to get them to trigger but I didn’t get all of them. To f2p players who didn’t get their quests I feel like 3 packs is unfair.
5 pack only enough =)
Im sorry if this comes out as bitter or just plain !@#$%y, but the compensation that you guys are offering aint enough due to how impactful the problem was to some players and how lengthy the process has been to solve it.
It hasn’t been fully solved though yeah? If it takes up to 30 minutes for a quest to pop some people may not even be on that long. A casual player may not understand what is going on with quests right now and would have no idea about this. It will cost them a lot more than 3-5 packs once it’s all said and done.
In addition to that how do they know what quest they should be working on if they can’t see it? Playing games that doesn’t count towards a quest when you are restricted on time is going to cost you gold.

Edit: and the gifting. Mobile players who don’t use the Blizzard app or browse Reddit/Blizzard forums won’t know they are getting packs. Why not gift them directly in the client?
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely appreciate the thought and effort put into resolving the issue and compensating affected players. I further don't blame any of these issues on the Blizzard ground staff - I'm sure you're all working your hardest to resolve the issue and communicate implementation to the community.

That being said, after a solid month of quest problems (given that solutions are being rolled out in January 2018), 3 packs seems a little... small, don't you think?

Now I'm not saying you should hand out 20 packs or anything like that, but a "Fire/Frost Festival" or something in that ballpark would seem to make more sense, given the severity of the situation and the range of people impacted, would it not?

Again, I appreciate the effort and respect that we are getting some degree of compensation, it's just smaller than I would have expected given the nature of the event.
On a random note, this should be sticky.

well... you could finish reading the article... it does answer this question for you.