Comments from Brode

Play Mode Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Greetings everyone!

As balance is a common topic on the forums here, I just wanted to make sure everyone saw the comment put out by Ben. :)

"Been reading discussions about card balance; we have an update coming next month which will include some cool events, and that is when any balance changes would happen. We'll be sure to announce any changes as the patch gets closer. See you at the HCT World Championship next week!"
- Ben Brode

So, what are your thoughts on what could be coming? Who is excited for HCT World Championships? Anyone going to be in Amsterdam to attend? Would love to hear your thoughts!

P.S.
Remember, keep it civil ;)
i learned my lesson this time and saved my xtra copies of OP cards like corridor creeper.
I'd like to hear more updates on what they've been doing to improve Wild! Mode they mentioned a while back. I would think this would heavily rely on balance changes or new exclusive reward system just for Wild
Will be nice to watch some worlds! Only balance changes I think need warranting are creeper being changed. Maybe only discount cost for friendly minions that die only?

And as for priest, maybe just let them have day in the sun because I cannot think of a way to balance the class that has 3 solid archetypes without over nerfing.

I am more worried about shaman and warrior coming into next expansion. Hope next one gives them some love.

Thing I would be most excited about is possible ladder restructure or changes?
Another Shaman nerf incoming ;P
"There have been some reports that some decks still do not run corridor creeper, bone mare, and patches. Each minion will now also be a pirate, dragon, beast and elemental in addition to its current type and will draw a card when played from hand."
Nerf exodia paladin, its too op and cant counter it.
Im just joking. Cant wait for HCT!
Please please PLEASE don't nerf priest. Raza is about to rotate anyways and highlander priest is the most successful the class has ever been. It does not have amazing winrates and there are plenty of ways to beat it.
01/10/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Wardrum
Another Shaman nerf incoming ;P

Hex to five mana? ;)
I'm expecting nerfs for creeper and raza at the very least. I'd hope for a nerf for patches, too, but they've already nerfed everything around it so long I'm not holding my breath.
I hardly think there will be changes to anything, maybe increase cost of certain cards. The general outcry would be immense if they nerf things like satellite decks and cubelocks.

My prediction? A nerf to corridor creeper, because it IS needed and it will just be enough to balance the ridiculously valued aggro decks around and sate the many versions of control decks around.

I'll reserve judgment for the day the balance changes are announced.
I'll track HCT some; however, I'm not one to watch HCT with any focus.

As for nerfs here is what I'd probably be toying with on a test server right now:

• Dark Pact: lowering heal amount
• Corridor Creeper: Various tests
• Call to Arms: Modifying mana cost and minions in various ways.
• Keleseth: Cannot be targeted

Those are probably the main changes I'd test. To be honest the only Nerf (we've yet to see buffs) I'd be really focusing on is Corridor Creeper. I think the other items I have on the list to test out would be just to see how changes would impact the meta. I'm also concerned how Modifying certain cards could throw the meta even more off track, namely consolidating the number of power decks from roughly 5 classes (8 decks) to like 3 or so.
Nice lets see what they do, fingers crossed. I personally think that Blizzard should make a balance patch inbetween every expansion set everytime even if its just minor changes its good to do something that shakes up the meta abit.

Just like the changes back during KoTFT did.
Thanks for the update.
Please be anduin shadowreaper, ohh god please!!! let them change anduin shadowreaper, aside from that I think if corridor creeper gets the NERF spongy bat, wish they change it to oposing minions and maybe an up in the mana cost that way it encourages trading and becomes a "win more card". Aside from those the two rumored suspects may be a big hit for both mage and any miracle rogue that does not excist right now, but hey if Ice block goes to wild I guess it with all the pain in my hearth I will take that one last "Best deal from everywhere".
Finally if something were to happen to a certain deathknight with shadowy thoughts i hope they also keep a check on the warlock new heals or ways to cheat only 2 key demons or the whole "Jade Druid is runing rampant sice Quest Rogue is dead" may repeat itself, but only the future will tell.
01/10/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Lykotic

As for nerfs here is what I'd probably be toying with on a test server right now:

Those are probably the main changes I'd test. To be honest the only Nerf (we've yet to see buffs) I'd be really focusing on is Corridor Creeper. I think the other items I have on the list to test out would be just to see how changes would impact the meta. I'm also concerned how Modifying certain cards could throw the meta even more off track, namely consolidating the number of power decks from roughly 5 classes (8 decks) to like 3 or so.

I doubt theyll touch keleseth as the only deck that can abuse it is rogue and even then it happens maybe 40% of games?

I agree with th dark pact idea. Seems to be the strongest way to hurt warlocks without ruining any o their new cards created. Plenty of games where you get them to under 10 health and they heal out f range long enough to guldan.

Corridor to me doesnt need fixing. Most classes have the targetd removal to deal with anearly creeper and if they draw it late game its a high cost vanilla 5/5 which doesnt affect the board state all that much.

CtA no opinion on. Havent seen enough of it myself to really call it imbalanced
Hunter could use a little love.
01/10/2018 12:28 PMPosted by HailFall
Please please PLEASE don't nerf priest. Raza is about to rotate anyways

Wild! Mode should not be a dumping ground.
01/10/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Lykotic

Yeah, just do these nerfs. It will only make Cubelock stronger.
i personally expect psychic scream to be 8 or 9 mana.
Defile could cost 3 or 4.
Call to arms will probably not be nerfed,the meta is aggro because anything other than aggro does not stand a chance against priest and warlock.
I don't think corridor creeper will see nerfs,it is just a card that replaced bonemare since priest and warlock both have board clears close to that mana cost.
I don't think the warlock dk will see nerfs either since its a card that has found a place in a ton of decks and blizzard would hesitate to nerf.
I think these changes would be a good start to making the game healthier and allow decks to be well represented.
Regarding raza,i read a lot of posts even about banning raza from tournaments,i think if psychic scream is nerfed maybe raza priest can eventually become acceptable in ladder and e-sports.