Comments from Brode

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
Nerfs that are incoming
Dk aduin mana changed to 9
Physic scream mana changed to 8
Dusk breaker changed to deal 2 damage to all minons
Vilespine mana changed to 4 . battlecry changed to destroy a random enemy minion
Shadowstep cost increased to 1
Bonemare changed to give a minion 4 attack and 2 health
Corridor Creeper changed to 4/4
Defile mana increased by 1
Dark pact changed to destroy a friendly minion heal for that much
Voidlord death rattle changed to spawn two voidlings
Call to arms changed to 5 mana
01/10/2018 12:11 PMPosted by nanaboostme
I'd like to hear more updates on what they've been doing to improve Wild! Mode they mentioned a while back. I would think this would heavily rely on balance changes or new exclusive reward system just for Wild

This. As a wild exclusive player I find it a bit insulting that 11 months ago the following was said:

With the cards from Blackrock Mountain, The Grand Tournament, and League of Explorers becoming exclusive to Wild, the Wild format is going to be more exciting than ever before! For our players that enjoy playing in Wild, we’ll be supporting it in more ways in 2017.

Sometime after the release of our next expansion, we plan to run a Heroic Tavern Brawl utilizing the Wild format. With so many cards at your disposal, our most passionate and hardcore Hearthstone players and deck-builders will be put to the test.

We will also be collaborating with third-party tournament organizers to promote additional Hearthstone tournaments using the Wild format. Whether players are dueling in competitive Standard or Wild, we want our community to be excited about all of the various ways to play Hearthstone, and we hope additional official support for both formats will help to accomplish this.

We’re super excited about the ever-growing Wild ecosystem, and we’re looking for new and interesting ways to continue supporting it in the future.

Source: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/20475356

The Wild community deserve answers for this, what can only be considered at this point, lie. We were told more support for the format was coming THIS YEAR, and there has only been a singular poorly organised tournament.

Why is that? We were told in blue & white that our format of choice would be receiving additional support this HS year, and with only 3 months left in it that has not been the case.

I think the Wild community deserve an explanation on this topic as it is rather disingenuous to make the statement above and then not follow through with it.

So, Mr. Brode, our question is; where is the promised support for the format? The clocks ticking to provide it!
01/10/2018 12:11 PMPosted by nanaboostme
I'd like to hear more updates on what they've been doing to improve Wild! Mode they mentioned a while back. I would think this would heavily rely on balance changes or new exclusive reward system just for Wild

This. As a wild exclusive player I find it a bit insulting that 11 months ago the following was said:

With the cards from Blackrock Mountain, The Grand Tournament, and League of Explorers becoming exclusive to Wild, the Wild format is going to be more exciting than ever before! For our players that enjoy playing in Wild, we’ll be supporting it in more ways in 2017.

Sometime after the release of our next expansion, we plan to run a Heroic Tavern Brawl utilizing the Wild format. With so many cards at your disposal, our most passionate and hardcore Hearthstone players and deck-builders will be put to the test.

We will also be collaborating with third-party tournament organizers to promote additional Hearthstone tournaments using the Wild format. Whether players are dueling in competitive Standard or Wild, we want our community to be excited about all of the various ways to play Hearthstone, and we hope additional official support for both formats will help to accomplish this.

We’re super excited about the ever-growing Wild ecosystem, and we’re looking for new and interesting ways to continue supporting it in the future.

Source: https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/20475356

The Wild community deserve answers for this, what can only be considered at this point, lie. We were told more support for the format was coming THIS YEAR, and there has only been a singular poorly organised tournament.

Why is that? We were told in blue & white that our format of choice would be receiving additional support this HS year, and with only 3 months left in it that has not been the case.

I think the Wild community deserve an explanation on this topic as it is rather disingenuous to make the statement above and then not follow through with it.

So, Mr. Brode, our question is; where is the promised support for the format? The clocks ticking to provide it!

Supporting it in 2017 lol. If all they did was make Heroic TB wild one time. Then my hopes for 2018 are 0.

Nice job bringing this up Bowser, I hope to get a blog post about what to expect if anything for the new year. Because 2017 was nothing but disappointment for wild format.
Bliz got some wild splainin’ to do
I am playing only wild (at rank 5-1).

Corridor Creeper is fine, maybe it should cost 1 mana more. It is a good card but not as strong in wild as in standard.
Call to Arms feels really strong. I am not sure about this card.

High cost mage spells feel weak - e.g. Flamestrike compared to Psychic Scream.
Flamestrike is outdated and should be changed to do at least 5 dmg or another aoe spell should be introduced.
(Dragon's Fury is fine for it's cost but normally never does 5 dmg except for big spell mage.)
4 damage for 7 mana is too weak.
Mage, the class that should have the best spells, has not one good high cost aoe spell. Priest and Warlock have multiple.
In terms of buffing Flamestrike, I guess it's also a problem that it is a card from the basic set.

I don't want to say psychic scream should cost more mana. I just want that mages have one good aoe spell.
01/10/2018 07:05 PMPosted by DireRaven
01/10/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Boreas
they could force priest to wait to use raza

if raza was nerfed to change the current hero power only how much of an impact would it have in the deck?

I don't think many Priests are still using Raza are they? I'm not sure but I think they've mostly switched to either a Dragon deck or a Barnes dependent deck. Raza, like pretty much every Priest deck leaves the player vulnerable because he spends the majority of the game sitting out doing nothing, waiting for "the perfect" or "the right" or even a playable card. There's very little sync to the Priest deck. It's very RNG based.

Priests are in desperate need of viable class (minion) cards and bursty spells below 4 cost. Blizz can nerf the heck out of any card in our deck, it wouldn't matter if we had viable class minions comparable to Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Paladin and Druid.

You mean like Drakonid Operative, Duskbreaker, Kabal Talonpriest, Radiant Elemental, Northshire Cleric, Priest of the Feast, Twilight Acolyte?

Priest doesnt hurt for good statted early minions right now, it has one of the best lineups. After rotation it is true a lot of them will rotate, we'll just have to see what comes after the rotation on that front.
01/10/2018 12:29 PMPosted by Lykotic

• Dark Pact: lowering heal amount
• Corridor Creeper: Various tests
• Call to Arms: Modifying mana cost and minions in various ways.
• Keleseth: Cannot be targeted

[/quote]

Gotta admit, these are probably the most well-thought changes I have read, especially with the dark pact one. I won't mind if they keep dark pact as it is but increase the cost to 2 mana. (That is, only if they simultaneously nerf aggro decks).

To be honest I am surprised they announced a balance change when we are so close to the rotation. If anything, I hope the devs could take "wild format" into consideration in the balance change (secretly points at DK Anduin).

It is not likely to happen, but hey, no one thought we would have had wild tournament last year either!
How about instead of asking what we think is coming, just doing the obvious and state what is coming. After all, you guys are so big on taking a long time on making any changes, so by now, whatever is being changed is already set in stone.
The card that must be nerfed immediately is "Keleseth"

Not to count the ability to bring it back to hand by Rogue, playing Keleseth only 1 time on turn 2 is like +70% chance to win that game already.

You do not have to think of anything with it. You just have to draw it. It is simple as that.

Keleseth is the strongest prince of all. It should not cost the lowest.
01/10/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Jesse Hill
I just wanted to make sure everyone saw the comment put out by Ben

Jessie, I've searched the forums and have been unable to find the original comment. Can you please link it? Thanks.
the only thing i care about is to reduce the overall duration of matches (like shortening turns time, punishing ropers...)

also, i already know you are not going to use any feedback and everything is already scripted. so gg
Greetings everyone!

As balance is a common topic on the forums here, I just wanted to make sure everyone saw the comment put out by Ben. :)

"Been reading discussions about card balance; we have an update coming next month which will include some cool events, and that is when any balance changes would happen. We'll be sure to announce any changes as the patch gets closer. See you at the HCT World Championship next week!"
- Ben Brode

So, what are your thoughts on what could be coming? Who is excited for HCT World Championships? Anyone going to be in Amsterdam to attend? Would love to hear your thoughts!

P.S.
Remember, keep it civil ;)

First of all, many of us don't care about any "tournaments" you guys are having. Work on fixing your game/adding new features first and foremost (ranked fixes!)

Second, you are talking about making changes in another month, 1/2 the way through this current expansion. You guys simply just don't get it. A monthly balance is needed, each and every month not halfway through the expansion. No, it's not acceptable due to the price of this game.

I know you won't see another penny from me until you go to a monthly balance, add an option for auto squelch and make ranked ladder changes. Get serious about your game for once.
01/11/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Themyth
Greetings everyone!

As balance is a common topic on the forums here, I just wanted to make sure everyone saw the comment put out by Ben. :)

"Been reading discussions about card balance; we have an update coming next month which will include some cool events, and that is when any balance changes would happen. We'll be sure to announce any changes as the patch gets closer. See you at the HCT World Championship next week!"
- Ben Brode

So, what are your thoughts on what could be coming? Who is excited for HCT World Championships? Anyone going to be in Amsterdam to attend? Would love to hear your thoughts!

P.S.

First of all, many of us don't care about any "tournaments" you guys are having. Work on fixing your game/adding new features first and foremost (ranked fixes!)

Second, you are talking about making changes in another month, 1/2 the way through this current expansion. You guys simply just don't get it. A monthly balance is needed, each and every month not halfway through the expansion. No, it's not acceptable due to the price of this game.

I know you won't see another penny from me until you go to a monthly balance, add an option for auto squelch and make ranked ladder changes. Get serious about your game for once.

Monthly balance changes seems to be too often though as you'll begin Modifying cards based on only short term mild power spikes.

As an example the meta in Un'Goro did knock Shaman down organically. Had Blizzard stepped Shaman would have been a poor choice this entire calendar year and not just two expansions.

Another example would be Big Druid from KoFT which has moved to a 'unplayed' deck from a T1/2 consistent deck in Un'Goro and KoFT.
01/11/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Themyth
Greetings everyone!

- Ben Brode

P.S.

Whenever I read some scrub use the phrase "This is not acceptable" I cringe...

Just because you spent some money on the game does not make you shareholder. If you don't like it, don't play it.
01/11/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Skruff
I just wanted to make sure everyone saw the comment put out by Ben

Jessie, I've searched the forums and have been unable to find the original comment. Can you please link it? Thanks.

I kinda snickered and laughed a bit when seeing this.

Try reddit or some other social media site to get the Brode comment as once again Team 5 (other than Jesse) don't use this site (official game forums) at all.

It appears that what we were discussing last week about the lack of communication on their official site wasn't addressed at all as we were relayed information from Jesse once again instead of anyone else from Team 5.
I would love to see the Corridor Creeper nerfed:

- Costs (1) less whenever a ENEMY minion dies while this is in your hand.

I think it would be a good Anti Aggro card available and would be still playable. Toughs?
Yes, I have only ONE request for the upcoming patch. Implement the option of Auto-Squelch, please!

I am not seeing any need for balance patches from the last expansion, but Auto-Squelch is much needed to improve the player experience for a great number of players who have expressed they desire this option. THANK YOU!!!!!
Fair points on Wild. There are some cool ideas in the works. I'll see if I can get you guys some updates that can be shared.

01/11/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Vaedor
It appears that what we were discussing last week about the lack of communication on their official site wasn't addressed at all as we were relayed information from Jesse once again instead of anyone else from Team 5.

In those same discussions, I also said it wouldn't happen overnight. Things have a process and change does take time.

One bit of that feedback was that info shared in other places wasn't being posted to the forums. I'm trying to change that. This wasn't an "official" announcement as much as it was a comment from Ben. It is a comment towards topics heavily discussed here, so I wanted to make sure it was seen.

Doing what I can to improve, just gotta work with me while we get there. :)