Comments from Brode

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
01/11/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
Fair points on Wild. There are some cool ideas in the works. I'll see if I can get you guys some updates that can be shared.

01/11/2018 08:15 AMPosted by Vaedor
It appears that what we were discussing last week about the lack of communication on their official site wasn't addressed at all as we were relayed information from Jesse once again instead of anyone else from Team 5.

In those same discussions, I also said it wouldn't happen overnight. Things have a process and change does take time.

One bit of that feedback was that info shared in other places wasn't being posted to the forums. I'm trying to change that. This wasn't an "official" announcement as much as it was a comment from Ben. It is a comment towards topics heavily discussed here, so I wanted to make sure it was seen.

Doing what I can to improve, just gotta work with me while we get there. :)

Jesse do you not think information like that should be posted on the OFFICIAL GAME SITE first rather than on other sites? I did a google search about the comment and there is no mention of this site whatsoever. We have to find the official comment by him elsewhere.

I know that changes won't happen overnight but we also had the same discussion last year about the lack of communication and it's still an ongoing thing with Team 5.

I don't know what others think but I would think that getting back some of their community here would be one of their priorities as well as making changes to the game.
they need to fix raza dk,
its not fair compared to other rare refresh effects
yes I could craft and play it but I refuse really..
of all the unfair tacts in this game its the first auto concede for me seeing raza played early. changing him to 6 fixes nothing.
01/11/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Lykotic
01/11/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Themyth

First of all, many of us don't care about any "tournaments" you guys are having. Work on fixing your game/adding new features first and foremost (ranked fixes!)

Second, you are talking about making changes in another month, 1/2 the way through this current expansion. You guys simply just don't get it. A monthly balance is needed, each and every month not halfway through the expansion. No, it's not acceptable due to the price of this game.

I know you won't see another penny from me until you go to a monthly balance, add an option for auto squelch and make ranked ladder changes. Get serious about your game for once.

Monthly balance changes seems to be too often though as you'll begin Modifying cards based on only short term mild power spikes.

As an example the meta in Un'Goro did knock Shaman down organically. Had Blizzard stepped Shaman would have been a poor choice this entire calendar year and not just two expansions.

Another example would be Big Druid from KoFT which has moved to a 'unplayed' deck from a T1/2 consistent deck in Un'Goro and KoFT.

You tell me what you suggest then, because all I'm running into currently is priest and warlock. It's not ok to just "let it ride" until next expansion. Sorry that's how i feel.
Because they aren't balancing more often we are running into bigger and bigger problems because they are making the power creep larger and larger to sell more packs.
01/11/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Vaedor
Jesse do you not think information like that should be posted on the OFFICIAL GAME SITE first rather than on other sites?

Official announcements, sure. And they are. Either through Blogs, videos or otherwise.

As for specific comments or discussions...I think this is a tougher situation. If a conversation is happening, I would rather that conversation continue in its true form than for a Dev to stop mid sentence (or typing) and go "hmmm, I should make a post on the forums before continuing my conversation". I think one of the best things about those conversations is the response/answer being given is more personal because it is in the moment.

NOW! I know the above is an extreme example. Not saying that is what you are getting to at all. Just, Dev members have their own way of connecting with the community and I think that human connection is super important. So I would rather share that moment with you than it not exist at all.

I know that changes won't happen overnight but we also had the same discussion last year about the lack of communication and it's still an ongoing thing with Team 5.

I can't speak on anything from the past. My focus is on the now, as cliche as that may sound >.< However, communication has always been a VERY important topic for Team 5. I think this brings up the great point of transparency. The community team is always working hard to bridge that communication gap between players and Blizzard, we just gotta let you guys know the details on these things so it doesn't seem like it is the same reoccurring matter. Very fair points.
Does "Ben Brode" play Hearthstone?
01/10/2018 10:32 PMPosted by pucku22
Dk aduin mana changed to 9
Physic scream mana changed to 8
Dusk breaker changed to deal 2 damage to all minons
Vilespine mana changed to 4 . battlecry changed to destroy a random enemy minion
Shadowstep cost increased to 1
Bonemare changed to give a minion 4 attack and 2 health
Corridor Creeper changed to 4/4
Defile mana increased by 1
Dark pact changed to destroy a friendly minion heal for that much
Voidlord death rattle changed to spawn two voidlings
Call to arms changed to 5 mana

Mostly no but I can see Call to Arms being changed and possibly Defile.

Bonemare and Corridor Creeper might get nerfs yes but I doubt they will nerf them the way you think. Corridor Creeper together with Call to Arms is the most likely to be nerfed I think from the newest set.

Shadowstep I can see being changed in some way.
01/11/2018 10:19 AMPosted by Themyth
01/11/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Lykotic
Monthly balance changes seems to be too often though as you'll begin Modifying cards based on only short term mild power spikes.

As an example the meta in Un'Goro did knock Shaman down organically. Had Blizzard stepped Shaman would have been a poor choice this entire calendar year and not just two expansions.

Another example would be Big Druid from KoFT which has moved to a 'unplayed' deck from a T1/2 consistent deck in Un'Goro and KoFT.

You tell me what you suggest then, because all I'm running into currently is priest and warlock. It's not ok to just "let it ride" until next expansion. Sorry that's how i feel.
Because they aren't balancing more often we are running into bigger and bigger problems because they are making the power creep larger and larger to sell more packs.

Forcing balance changes monthly isn't doable:

I'm reading the latest meta report right now so here is my current observations from the data. I'm personally screwing around with decks right now after making the legend run last month so I'm not looking at my personal play right now as I'm way lower than I'd normally be right now.

Warlock:
Warlock appears to be correcting itself. Playrate is down at both all and r1-r5 (no legend data right now, but with all the Raza doubtful these decks went through no problem). Now 'fun to play against' and 'rleative power' are different. If I am solely balancing based on power Warlock (Cube/Control) appears fine and without much issue as the meta is beating the deck back.

Priest:
I'd modify Raza as some have suggested to only impact the current hero power. It makes dirty rat a better counter, slows the deck down a bit, and something needs to be done for Wild mode where Razakus would be a constant best Priest deck I feel going forward.

ooohhhh also MURLOCS!!!!! =) (#1 r1-r5 deck, MRGHL!!!!)

Note: While Murlocs are my favorite archetype I am not playing Murlocadin right now as my Paladin already gold, but I might pick it up again because Murlocadin might die at rotation in Standard =*(
01/10/2018 07:05 PMPosted by DireRaven

Priests are in desperate need of viable class (minion) cards and bursty spells below 4 cost. Blizz can nerf the heck out of any card in our deck, it wouldn't matter if we had viable class minions comparable to Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Paladin and Druid.

What parallel dimension are you living in!? Priest minions are OBNOXIOUSLY well stated on top of having crazy abilities.
01/11/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
Jesse do you not think information like that should be posted on the OFFICIAL GAME SITE first rather than on other sites?

Official announcements, sure. And they are. Either through Blogs, videos or otherwise.

As for specific comments or discussions...I think this is a tougher situation. If a conversation is happening, I would rather that conversation continue in its true form than for a Dev to stop mid sentence (or typing) and go "hmmm, I should make a post on the forums before continuing my conversation". I think one of the best things about those conversations is the response/answer being given is more personal because it is in the moment.

NOW! I know the above is an extreme example. Not saying that is what you are getting to at all. Just, Dev members have their own way of connecting with the community and I think that human connection is super important. So I would rather share that moment with you than it not exist at all.

I can't speak on anything from the past. My focus is on the now, as cliche as that may sound >.< However, communication has always been a VERY important topic for Team 5. I think this brings up the great point of transparency. The community team is always working hard to bridge that communication gap between players and Blizzard, we just gotta let you guys know the details on these things so it doesn't seem like it is the same reoccurring matter. Very fair points.

Don't get me wrong at all, but I'm glad the information is relayed to us through you as it seems like that is what we're dealt with but (feel like I'm beating a severely dead horse) like you said that human connection is super important and it would be nice to also hear some of that info from other members of Team 5 and possibly seeing that information posted here first rather than other sites.

If you go look at other sites you'll see information about Q&A's with the devs but nothing mentioned on this site. Maybe that comes down to how info is relayed on this site and perhaps it's something you can discuss with Blizz on adding here as it would be nice to see some of that stuff posted on this site as well.

01/11/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Jesse Hill

Problem with that thou is that it has been a reoccurring matter. I love the fact that you have stepped up alot of that but there is still a huge communication gap there that needs to be shortened.
Remember that every month legend player, that while playing on my account was unable to win a single game before tilting and logging off?

I do.
Hearthstone feels downright depressing right now. It's the EXACT same decks in both wild and standard: Tempo rogue, razakus priest, qubelock and the occasional aggro paladin.

I don't think we've had a meta this stale since midrangeshaman stomped around.

I'm just not enjoying this game anymore, creative deckbuilding is dead and burried until the next expansion and fun is no longer allowed.
Changes to hearthstone ALWAYS seem to come faaaarrrr too late, and because of the lack of communication or will(seemingly) from the devs to actually change some cards, the will to play is diminished greatly by the time the changes actually hit.
Here's an idea for a Keleseth tweak:

Instead of giving all minions 1/1, he gives them all 2 health.

This way, you still get the perk of a +2 stat gain for building your deck specifically to include him, but he's made more to maintain board control and good tempo, rather than murdering the opponent with aggro (which is where the most complaints seem to be).

And before anyone says "why not just +1 health", then he'll be too weak to craft a whole deck based around him and he'll never be used again.
Seriously? Nerfing Dark Pact?
I admit Cubelock is a problem, but Dark Pact is one of the few things, that gives locks a chance against abundant aggro decks.
01/11/2018 01:35 PMPosted by DaPope
then he'll be too weak to craft a whole deck based around him and he'll never be used again.

He would never be used with your change.
Will probably go visit Amsterdam tournament at least once,its less then 30 minutes away. The opportunity is just to good even though I don't play that much anymore. Will still be awesome to see the event.

Curious what cards ben brode is thinking about to nerf. If it is any then it should be cards from the last expansion I would guess but I cant really think of any cards that need a nerf badly other then maybe call to arms and off course patches....
Maybe it will also be a good occasion to HOF a few more cards,just to make design space for new sets.

Would not be completely surprised to see nerfs to cards that have been in meta for long time and which are on the way out. It would make little sense from a balance point of vieuw but I can see it happen. Cards like raza and patches for example.
01/11/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Tyani
I don't think we've had a meta this stale since midrangeshaman stomped around.

So you were fine with the pirate warrior and jade druid metas?
Eff Brode.
01/11/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
One bit of that feedback was that info shared in other places wasn't being posted to the forums. I'm trying to change that. This wasn't an "official" announcement as much as it was a comment from Ben. It is a comment towards topics heavily discussed here, so I wanted to make sure it was seen.

Can you please at least post the link to the actual comment? And are there other comments circulating that aren't being re-posted here? Maybe you can link those too. That'd be helpful, for me anyway. Thanks.