Why accept friend requests?

Play Mode Discussion
I understand that the nature of online interactions makes for less civil behavior, but this is something that's been bothering me a little bit. The community in Hearthstone often acts incredibly toxic, particularly in how people send friend requests only to subject people to the most vile and hateful rhetoric. These people spout off their garbage, then immediately unfriend the recipient. With this kind of behavior going on, there is little to no reason to ever accept any friend requests, and there aren't any tangible consequences to such toxic behavior.

Given this, I'm wondering if there are ways for Blizzard to help detoxify the Hearthstone community. I would think that adding an easy report feature, as well as adding a cool down period for removing recently added friends, so that offending players can have their Battle.net handle and username recorded and screenshots of the violatory actions taken to submit to Blizzard would be appreciated. Hearthstone should have an open and friendly community where players can feel more secure about sending and receiving friend requests, and without any kind of effective enforcement system in place to punish players who engage in hateful and disturbing behavior, this environment cannot exist.

But, those are just my thoughts.
Accept the friend request right before you log off. If it's a legit request to expand one's possibilities for the challenge quest, they'll still be on your list when you log back on. If not, they'll have deleted you from their list or completely forgotten why they were so salty in the first place.
I accept one from time to time just to see if I can get something positive from it and so far I've been disapointed, overall people tend to add you just to whine or express how unfair they felt the game was.

Or the one that added me the other week that was pissed off because I was a bloody BM player that got extremly lucky. What I did well I said Greetings when we got into the game and then when I killed him off after a long fight I finished him off without playing any extra cards or doing anything unneeeded and said Well Played.

Apperently that was enough for him to go off.
Because it's the only way to make friends.
I've tended to have better luck with friend requests than bad luck; however, obviously personal results will vary.

I do wish the 'friend request then flame' had some repercussion but it doesn't right now so accept at your own risk =p
01/13/2018 08:34 PMPosted by osumatthew
so that offending players can have their Battle.net handle and username recorded and screenshots of the violatory actions taken to submit to Blizzard

It's a game company bro, not a court to gather and analyze evidence!
01/13/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Mand

Friggin exactly. I will accept 100% of my friend requests thrown my way, because 9/10 times it's a decent human on the other side. 1/10 times it's "!@#$ you and your totems"
The only times I send friend request is to try and help the player. I could trash talk all day long but I never have anyone accept my friend request but I do it so I can point out flaws or suggest something
I get quite a few more friend requests from the forums or because someone wants to do a friend challenge than I do because they want to rage at me. Trade the occasional internet idiot tirade for the chance for gold? Sign me up!
Sometimes they want to rage. Sometimes they don’t. You don’t know unless you accept. Don’t be so thin skinned that you miss the ones who genuinely want a friend.
01/13/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Odyssesus
Sometimes they want to rage. Sometimes they don’t. You don’t know unless you accept. Don’t be so thin skinned that you miss the ones who genuinely want a friend.

I always accept friend requests, even when I know that the request is being sent only to flame. But today I was sent something that probably constitutes the most disturbing and horrifying thing in recent memory. It's not something that any player(s) should be subjected to, and there needs to be additional enforcement mechanisms for such CoC violations in order to protect the player base. That's the main point I'm trying to make here.
01/13/2018 10:21 PMPosted by osumatthew
01/13/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Odyssesus

I always accept friend requests, even when I know that the request is being sent only to flame. But today I was sent something that probably constitutes the most disturbing and horrifying thing in recent memory. It's not something that any player(s) should be subjected to, and there needs to be additional enforcement mechanisms for such CoC violations in order to protect the player base. That's the main point I'm trying to make here.

Agreed. Sorry that happened to you. :-(
While I do tend toward optimism on friend requests, both those sent and received, I do think it's beyond ridiculous that there is no report function in the Hearthstone client.
Misery is inherent to humanity, especially on the internet where people are free to say what they want to who they want; therefore if this necessary misery pops up just move on, it really doesn't worth any of your focus .

Oh, anyway, never take it personally, it's just hot air
I only add people I know in real life. This means I sometimes have to wait a bit to get the play a friend quest done due to not having a lot of people. On the positive side, I can actually call this thing a FRIEND list.
You can still report people if they say anything really out of order, but I suspect Blizzard don't add a report button because they fear it would be abused, everyone who roped for a single turn or plays mill decks would be getting reported multiple times per day judging from this forum, and I suspect Blizzard don't want to have to deal with millions of reported players!

Personally I just ignore the flame trolls, I'm not even going to read their message in full, and continue to accept friend requests as I have met a few cool people who i chat with regularly through HS, and getting a few extra 80g quests is always nice as well as always having someone to complete "watch and learn" with.

Don't assume everyone sending a friend request wants to flame you, and ignore the ones that do , as the only reason they are doing it is to wind you up, don't give them the satisfaction or miss out on real friends because of them!

If this is the "only" way to make friends for you, then your life is so fxxking pathetic. I guess this is what defines a mod in Blizz forum.
01/14/2018 05:39 AMPosted by TuiZhi

If this is the "only" way to make friends for you, then your life is so fxxking pathetic. I guess this is what defines a mod in Blizz forum.
Did you bother to think that his comment was within the context of Hearthstone, not the entirety of life in general?

Also, greens aren't moderators.

Why so mean?
This is actually the one reason why i wont let my son play. So i agree something should be done about it.
Just had a bad experience on this. A player I played against with added me and bad mouthed me after - this was considering he won the game. I’m pretty much a new player with a couple of months exp (rank 17 then I saw this guy was rank 3 after he added me). I really think blizz needs to do something about this...