There is something wrong about balance

Play Mode Discussion
So i was wondering which decks we will see at world championship in amesterdam and we surprising all 16 bring priest. And 15 bring warlock, 15 bring druid, 12 rogue, 3 paladins, 2 mages, 1hunter, 0 shamans and warriors.
So these technacly r the best players at the moment, and ther y saying that only 4 classes r competetive way.
What u guys think, i know priests and warlocks have huge controls ob the board.
Now whats my point here, there s always 1 ban, right. Which will defenitly be priest or warlock.
So i wad thinking that if they allowed 2 bans, which they have to bring one more deck . that would shake thinks a lot more.
I think its very bad on world tourment having basicly half classes represented. This happens only cuz priezts and warlocks.
Opinions?
That tournaments are not ladder.

In real ladder you can climb as any class as long as you adapt to your pocketmetagame.

Tournaments use more than one deck and that means that you will not cheese a win like unpopular decks do in ladder.
Tournament play is very different than ladder play. Tech choices are much more important, and there's the element of bans and the roster of pre-made decks that each competitor brings to the table.
if they allowed multiple decks for 1 class we would only be seeing priest this tournament.
01/12/2018 09:03 AMPosted by minami

In real ladder you can climb as any class as long as you adapt to your pocketmetagame.

Tournaments use more than one deck and that means that you will not cheese a win like unpopular decks do in ladder.

Yes u r right but what about class fans, feels bad not seeing shaman, warrior, barely hunters mages and paladins.
I am not saying they cant grind in ladder , i am saying there r no diversity. Almost eveybody playing highlander priest and control warlock. And cuz of that all decks must tecg against that. Very linear u see, 2 bans will bring a lot more archtypes and defenly for the viewer perspective would be more fun.
Almost every highlander r very identical, almost tempo rogues r identical, only warlock has a lil more variations, we gonna see same matchs with diferent players, yeAh .. How thrilling
01/12/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Rôxo
So i wad thinking that if they allowed 2 bans, which they have to bring one more deck . that would shake thinks a lot more.

That was actually a VERY good point, I would like to see that now...
Looking forward to watching endless razakus vs razakus matches in the tournament

Jk I think I’d rather go outside
01/12/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Terriscrub
Looking forward to watching endless razakus vs razakus matches in the tournament

Yes which one topdecks better, so lame, so unfun to watch.
For the audience who wants aggri mirrors, sry there aint gonna be none of that, oh wait we have shadow reaver anduin on all 16 players, so cool man. Just for the f2p community can be delighted with the tournment.
At least last year there was yogg, which was the cheered play, all crowd got nuts when he was played, now we have anduin, like ti see the crowd react multiple times to the same agony.
Sad

Tournaments use more than one deck

01/12/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Swift
Tournament play is very different than ladder play. Tech choices are much more important, and there's the element of bans and the roster of pre-made decks that each competitor brings to the table.

Fantastic points guys!

I feel some players fall into this rut of "it is played at a tourney so that is my only option". Ladder takes some adapting and adjustments. I'm not taking away from the fact that some classes have better match-ups. Just that tournament lists are the set in stone options for ladder play.

:)
01/12/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Rôxo
01/12/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Terriscrub

Yes which one topdecks better, so lame, so unfun to watch.
For the audience who wants aggri mirrors, sry there aint gonna be none of that, oh wait we have shadow reaver anduin on all 16 players, so cool man. Just for the f2p community can be delighted with the tournment.
At least last year there was yogg, which was the cheered play, all crowd got nuts when he was played, now we have anduin, like ti see the crowd react multiple times to the same agony.
Sad

Player 1 just played loot hoarder!
Player 2 just played novice engineer and drew a card!
Uh oh but player 1 just drew a card!
Now player 2 is drawing more cards, uh oh!
Oh my god player 1 just drew a card! This is crazy action, folks!!!!
01/12/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Jesse Hill

Tournaments use more than one deck

Fantastic points guys!

I feel some players fall into this rut of "it is played at a tourney so that is my only option". Ladder takes some adapting and adjustments. I'm not taking away from the fact that some classes have better match-ups. Just that tournament lists are the set in stone options for ladder play.

:)

Well its a honor blue guy, at least my thread has something relevant, what is your opinion on 2 bans on tournment, we already know that razakus will be tge most banned class.
As an entretainement event u want diversity right.
Thks one more time ti be part of the discussion
Warlock and priest dictate our current meta. This is the main reason they are being brought to tournament, these two decks act as a hard gateway.

If you bring any kind of mid range or value control other players using these will shut you down. Obviously one will be banned, so you take both. Only ant is using a full aggressive line-up and it's obviously built to fight one of the two so he can ban the other.

Look at the lists...its 100% centered around dealing with these two. Because they are really strong and create points of no return.

what is the tech against raze priest? other than lucky rat!
01/12/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Rôxo
what is your opinion on 2 bans on tournment

I think it's an interesting concept. Just have to be careful with implementing things like this. It can quickly turn into "why not 3 or 4".

I think it could add a different spin on the variety of what someone would have to bring.

Oh! I'll bring this up to Innkeepers. Maybe we could see some ground work of how it works at Fireside Gatherings tournaments :) Would be fun to try for sure.
01/12/2018 10:27 AMPosted by Gishgeron
Warlock and priest dictate our current meta. This is the main reason they are being brought to tournament, these two decks act as a hard gateway.

If you bring any kind of mid range or value control other players using these will shut you down. Obviously one will be banned, so you take both. Only ant is using a full aggressive line-up and it's obviously built to fight one of the two so he can ban the other.

Look at the lists...its 100% centered around dealing with these two. Because they are really strong and create points of no return.

There is plenty archtypes right now, and we will see the same think over and over and over again, has a new player vision, its like oh ok the game summarizes to priest and warlock, they dont even got to know that there r 7 more classes.
Why fatigue wRrrior isnt a option why evolve shaman vanish so quickly, why tempo mage left behind, why aggro paladin which is so ladder dominant dont appear.
I am not talking about spell hunter or big warrior or quest mage. Serioursly priezt vs warlock, ok then... Let the draw begin
Why exactly are you so surprised that, in a format in which players are only allowed to bring four decks, everybody brings variants of the four best decks in that format?

That doesn't mean no other deck is at all viable on ladder. It just means that the 16 participants in the tournament agree that those decks will work best in the tournament format.
01/12/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Mmmrrrggglll
Why exactly are you so surprised that, in a format in which players are only allowed to bring four decks, everybody brings variants of the four best decks in that format?

That doesn't mean no other deck is at all viable on ladder. It just means that the 16 participants in the tournament agree that those decks will work best in the tournament format.

I am not saying anything about ladder, just in viewer perspective of world championship is not that great, u love to see diverty, different matches, in this tournment it will be who is the best topdecker, feels boring.
Shouldnt feel that way, u should feel that the champion may rise without the cancer decks, 2 bans and we will had a different tournment
01/12/2018 11:08 AMPosted by Rôxo

I am not saying anything about ladder, just in viewer perspective of world championship is not that great, u love to see diverty, different matches, in this tournment it will be who is the best topdecker, feels boring.
Shouldnt feel that way, u should feel that the champion may rise without the cancer decks, 2 bans and we will had a different tournment

You want a meme decks only tournament?

2 bans would, I suspect, only make the meta less diverse.

If you want to make the tournament more "diverse" you have to increase the number of decks people are required to bring. Nobody is running Shaman unless they are forced to play Shaman.
'Diversity' is overrated. Some people talk like having tons of deck variety and 11% class representation in every aspect of the game as if it was the only objective worth working towards. Nonsense. Diversity for its own sake is a pointless endeavor, and perfect class distribution simply to say you have it is puerile. Balance in a game like Hearthstone is not done with simplistic, child-like adherence to principles of 'deck diversity' and 'equal class representation'. Those are metrics you keep an eye on as a signal of potential imbalance. Throwing those metrics up as the end-all-be-all goal by which all other things are measured is nincompoopery.
01/12/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
01/12/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Rôxo
what is your opinion on 2 bans on tournment

I think it's an interesting concept. Just have to be careful with implementing things like this. It can quickly turn into "why not 3 or 4".

I think it could add a different spin on the variety of what someone would have to bring.

Oh! I'll bring this up to Innkeepers. Maybe we could see some ground work of how it works at Fireside Gatherings tournaments :) Would be fun to try for sure.

that is not far from the truth,the 3 viable choices in ladder are priest warlock or aggro decks.
anything slower than aggro gets crushed by the multiple high mana board clears of priest and warlock.
which is why paladin has reached new heights this meta,because unlike aggro druid paladin has a reload button called divine favor.
The only difference i see between ladder and tournaments is that big priest does not see play,that is because you can't have multiple decks on 1 hero,which resulted in big priest getting replaced by big druid for some players even though it is a worse deck.