Off-Meta Spotlight

Play Mode Discussion
Hello everyone!

I just put up a blog I think a lot of you will find interesting. We worked with Team 5 to find some really cool decks working their way through Legend. We focused on some less talked about decks to give players a different perspective on ways to climb the ladder.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/21361688/off-meta-spotlight
Stancifca is an amazing deck builder! He finds a way to win with crazy decks!
Agreed.
Shammy deck uses ONE new Shammy card. Uno.

I love creative decks and this is a good thread.

Oh Jesse, I'm that guy who tried to make Moorabi work last Xpac. The one and ONLY guy. Freeze Shammy is gonna be HUGE! You get an axe that can 1 shot anything frozen! Of course you take that damage to your face, but hey!
That's cool. I'd like to see such a blog become a regular feature. Once per Xpack, if not a monthly thing.
01/12/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Paf
The one and ONLY guy.

Not the only one :p I LOVE jumping into expansions trying out off the wall ideas. We should share lists sometime.

01/12/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Slickriptide
That's cool. I'd like to see such a blog become a regular feature. Once per Xpack, if not a monthly thing.

Thanks! Hoping to make it a regular thing.
Cool! Always awesome to see what fun decks people think up and make work!
I'm curious.

Did Blizzard look through their data or scout media ( twitter, fansite, etc..) for these decks.
I've actually been playing the Jambre giant shaman on ladder for a bit, and it's doing pretty well for me, seems legit, although my list must have been taken from an earlier iteration which ran snowfury giants.

Looks like me and Jambre agreed about them not working !I swapped out the snowfury giants and replaced them with 2 Bonemares , which have been winning me games, but I will try the options he went for (fight promoter and Leeroy) and see if they are better than the horsies!
You forgot Savjs' Tunneller Priest, Jesse.
01/12/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
01/12/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Paf
The one and ONLY guy.

Not the only one :p I LOVE jumping into expansions trying out off the wall ideas. We should share lists sometime.

01/12/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Slickriptide

Would love if this becomes a regular thing its pretty interesting.
And Jesse If i may ask Whats your favorite gimmicky deck youve tried out?
Apreciate a lot the feedback Jesse, also is good to know that creative off the box deckbuilding while almost absent is not dead.
01/12/2018 11:37 AMPosted by kilian
01/12/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Jesse Hill

Would love if this becomes a regular thing its pretty interesting.

Excellent question for Jesse.

Also, speaking of off the wall decks. Who comes up with the recipies with each Xpac? They seem idealistic and clever but never "work out" but they are good guides for understanding the cards.

In KOTFT there was a Brawl early on that allowed us all to use the new recipies.

I have not seen that in KAC but think it would be welcome.
I have been piloting a quest mage deck that has the same exact idea except I use elementals with lesser ruby spellstone.

Shimmering tempest + steam surgers allow you to complete the quest fast

Not to mention, the steam surgers + pyros + fire fly allows you to buff lesser ruby fast. They all synergize well together

The deck that always has my heart is Druid Mill. I have loved this deck since Alpha :p

However, the 2 "gimmicky" decks I find myself playing a lot (in Wild!) are Rogue and Warrior focused.

Rogue - Deathlord -> Sludge Belcher -> N'Zoth ->Shadowstep -> Gang Up -> Repeat

Warrior - Brann -> Iron Juggernaut -> Panda -> Iron Juggernaut -> Wait patiently

Not the greatest win rates, but I really enjoy playing them. /shrug

The deck that always has my heart is Druid Mill. I have loved this deck since Alpha :p

However, the 2 "gimmicky" decks I find myself playing a lot (in Wild!) are Rogue and Warrior focused.

Rogue - Deathlord -> Sludge Belcher -> N'Zoth ->Shadowstep -> Gang Up -> Repeat

Warrior - Brann -> Iron Juggernaut -> Panda -> Iron Juggernaut -> Wait patiently

Not the greatest win rates, but I really enjoy playing them. /shrug

Nice deck ideas you got there :). Aslo how did i never think of using gangup on n'zoth like ever :P. Gotta try that rogue deck.

Id love to try the warrior one but sadly i dont have iron juggernaut so cant do it.
But must be hilarious to see multiple bombs going of in 1turn and seeing a warrior or druid with alot armor dying to all those explosions.

And for me personally my new favorite gimmicky deck is big rogue with kobold ilusionist, silver vanguard, KT and some other strong deathrrattles + sonya. As its so fun having a endless army of sludge belchers your oponent has to go through (escpially if theyre aggro its so satysfying seeing them struggle to get through all the belchers). Cause who needs heals when you can have 10+ belchers in a game to defend your face.

Oh and Jesse nice work youre doing here on the forum with your posts i enjoy reading them :)
Good to see something positive on forum.

Would be nice if Jesse could make a thread like this every once in a while.
01/12/2018 12:54 PMPosted by LiptonTea
Good to see something positive on forum.

Would be nice if Jesse could make a thread like this every once in a while.

Hey... I make fun posts all the time. They get 3 responses and fall off page one.

People like salt, tears, flaming, trolling, arguing and controversy.

Don't you watch the news IRL?

Lipton. I challenge you to go make a fun thread!
I would like to see the same for the wild format.
While i admire the effort, i havs NEVER seen any of these decks on the ladder before. Granted, the standard ladder consists of bigpriest, razakus priest and cubelock. And the wild ladder consists of bigpriest, razakus priest and cubelock.

See a pattern there? I WISH i would see any of the highlighted decks.