Roping Penalty

Community Discussion
I am in the middle of 30 minute game, that still actively going allowing me the time to post on the forums. I beat an opponent and then very next game was matched up against him.

His response? Rope every single turn in our rematch... to delay the game as long as possible.

It is unfortunate we have these juveniles, but I think Blizzard should implement total time limits on games. No game should last more than 30 minutes.
There is a time limit of sorts, where there is a max number of turns (90?) that can be played in a single game.
Roping as you refer to it (or it's more accurate term 'using your full allotted time') is not against the rules in any way and there shouldn't be a way to report people for using their allotted time.
01/27/2018 09:18 AMPosted by PrisonShower
I am in the middle of 30 minute game, that still actively going allowing me the time to post on the forums. I beat an opponent and then very next game was matched up against him.

His response? Rope every single turn in our rematch... to delay the game as long as possible.

It is unfortunate we have these juveniles, but I think Blizzard should implement total time limits on games. No game should last more than 30 minutes.

Did you BM him the first game? Because that's something I absolutely would do if you BM'd me.

I mean... I know it's not me, because I'm not currently playing... But being a good sport is a really good idea. Never costs you a thing. But if you do BM... That could cost ya.

Oh... Just so you know... It's not possible to have a 30 minute game with only one person roping. I know this because I actually do what I say I'll do.
Just curious but do most people that have a thing against using the full timer are playing on smartphone/tablet? Because if you're on your pc , why would you only be playing HS ?
Since we are on the topic of wanting to penalize people who dont go against the rules, Let's add a "my opponent is winning" penalty while we are add it.

Hell. Why stop there? Let's add in a "too many emotes" penalty too. It's not like there's a squelch button.
01/27/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Gundumbwing
Since we are on the topic of wanting to penalize people who dont go against the rules, Let's add a "my opponent is winning" penalty while we are add it.

Hell. Why stop there? Let's add in a "too many emotes" penalty too. It's not like there's a squelch button.

and a 'my opponent is playing Hearthstone with a 30 card deck penalty'
Doesn't the timer get shorter and shorter with every rope?
01/28/2018 05:40 AMPosted by TheWatcher

It does if you don't do anything.
01/28/2018 05:40 AMPosted by TheWatcher

Not sure, didn't seem like it. Regardless, I smoked the clown again, just took a little while :)
01/27/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Soma
There is a time limit of sorts, where there is a max number of turns (90?) that can be played in a single game.
Roping as you refer to it (or it's more accurate term 'using your full allotted time') is not against the rules in any way and there shouldn't be a way to report people for using their allotted time.

True, but I doubt the first 3 turns need to have any decisions that last the full duration of a turn. Especially if the end turn button is already green.
01/28/2018 06:37 PMPosted by Nanifa
01/27/2018 09:35 AMPosted by Soma

True, but I doubt the first 3 turns need to have any decisions that last the full duration of a turn. Especially if the end turn button is already green.

Agreed, it doesn't take a genius, especially when you just played the guy what his true intentions were.
01/27/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Shelzin
Did you BM him the first game? Because that's something I absolutely would do if you BM'd me.

I mean... I know it's not me, because I'm not currently playing... But being a good sport is a really good idea. Never costs you a thing. But if you do BM... That could cost ya.

what does BM means? using raza priest? I would rope him too
01/28/2018 06:55 PMPosted by TonyJCF
01/27/2018 11:34 AMPosted by Shelzin

what does BM means? using raza priest? I would rope him too

Bad Manners.
Roping is the only way to punish smurfs who farm lower tier players. If anything, we need to have a few more cards that extend rounds. Perhaps a card that reads: "Stealth: For every round this card is on the board, double turn time". I would pay for that!
Why should I play a turn in 10 sec? Do I abuse any rules when I play every turn in like 60 secs or even the full time offered?

Dont think so.

Whats is OP actually proposing? To punish players for playing the game how it was designed? Thats kinda horrible proposal, PrisonShower. Are you trying to say its developers fault?
There's a big deferent between thinking a play and roping your enemy. if we thinking a play we will find a play for 2 - 3 turn means that the next 2 turn we already have answer to the enemy play and not to use the full time.

or rop your enemy and when they get salted they may concede or loss there focus and you win the game. yahoo!!!
I now take all the time from turn 1 to the last needed to "think" about my moves.

Turn 1 I have to think is the Hunter going to get Candleshot? Or Dire Mole?
Which did they play?
Okay hmmm. Will they play a secret next turn or Razormaw?
I better plan accordingly.
Turn 3 will play EagleHorn Bow? Or another secret? With Hunters Mark and use Candleshot to take out my taunt minion?
Or Will it be Animal Companion turn 3 and another animal companion turn 4? because the RNG does have a tendency to double up on the best Hyper aggro cards (top decking) each and every game for a Hunter.
Turn 4. This should be Flanking Shot
Turn 5 this Should the automatic Spellstone.
Uh Oh! More secrets? Hmm - could be either Wandering Monster, Freezing Trap or Explosives. Which should I guess? Well the RNG loves to give whichever Secret the player needs most at the moment so I bet its that one.
turn 6 this is probably DK Rexxar. How do I know. Well each and every game plays exactly the same so I better think about how I want to make the best use of my cards given to me.

Well the Hunter is out of cards now he cant possibly get the perfect draw can he? HE DID! Hmm we are on the ropes. All I can do is play defense still. He still has no cards. He cant get the perfect card this tie can he? HE DID!

So. Right now I am catching up on my Itunes purchases while thinking about each and every turn going on on screen 2. Even though its the same sequence - same cards - same everything each and every game. If only the game would play out different to be of more interest.
01/27/2018 09:18 AMPosted by PrisonShower

Just watch Lifecoach's games.
01/27/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Gundumbwing

no kidding, what a bunch of snowflakes. this is WHY i rope lol. it wouldnt be fun if it didnt get results. If the person is mature i respect that and play like normal, if greet and they greet back i dont rope or spam. if you troll me or your going to wig out and spam furiously of course im going to draw it out or spam greetings, i like watching the meltdown!
09/02/2018 11:04 AMPosted by nimabi
I now take all the time from turn 1 to the last needed to "think" about my moves.

Turn 1 I have to think is the Hunter going to get Candleshot? Or Dire Mole?
Which did they play?
Okay hmmm. Will they play a secret next turn or Razormaw?
I better plan accordingly.
Turn 3 will play EagleHorn Bow? Or another secret? With Hunters Mark and use Candleshot to take out my taunt minion?
Or Will it be Animal Companion turn 3 and another animal companion turn 4? because the RNG does have a tendency to double up on the best Hyper aggro cards (top decking) each and every game for a Hunter.
Turn 4. This should be Flanking Shot
Turn 5 this Should the automatic Spellstone.
Uh Oh! More secrets? Hmm - could be either Wandering Monster, Freezing Trap or Explosives. Which should I guess? Well the RNG loves to give whichever Secret the player needs most at the moment so I bet its that one.
turn 6 this is probably DK Rexxar. How do I know. Well each and every game plays exactly the same so I better think about how I want to make the best use of my cards given to me.

Well the Hunter is out of cards now he cant possibly get the perfect draw can he? HE DID! Hmm we are on the ropes. All I can do is play defense still. He still has no cards. He cant get the perfect card this tie can he? HE DID!

So. Right now I am catching up on my Itunes purchases while thinking about each and every turn going on on screen 2. Even though its the same sequence - same cards - same everything each and every game. If only the game would play out different to be of more interest.

If I play against a Hunter I just build up my taunts, wait until I draw my Chief Inspector and then destroy all his secrets and attack, followed by a Thank You emote and wait for the conceed. I'll run that card in every deck just for Hunters. Same with Azalina re Togwobble

RE: Roping. If they do it to me turn 1 & 2 I'll do it back once or twice and htey get the point and start playing faster. Watching all the pro's playing you'll see many of them thinking till the rope appears and then they start playing.