Roping Penalty

Community Discussion
If I play against a Hunter I just build up my taunts, wait until I draw my Chief Inspector and then destroy all his secrets and attack, followed by a Thank You emote and wait for the conceed. I'll run that card in every deck just for Hunters. Same with Azalina re Togwobble

RE: Roping. If they do it to me turn 1 & 2 I'll do it back once or twice and htey get the point and start playing faster. Watching all the pro's playing you'll see many of them thinking till the rope appears and then they start playing.

Oh yeah I here ya and yep on vs Hunter.

Topdecking Patternstone is just so old. Even just doing the daily quest for 50 - 60 gold.

Odd Rogue and I have to play X Paladin Cards. So Odd Rogue. Yep the RNG is juiced per usual. Turn is here has his weapon from turn 2. Southsea Pirate, of course, and Coldblood + Cold Blood for 10 dmg alone from there. Nice. Lovin that AI Helper just doubling on the bump all the needed cards to win a game by turn 5.

Each game, Each class. Its the same 9 cards in the first 8 turns. In the same sequence. Now I am up against the no skill Shaman deck play my turn all my minions into legends. No need to think about trading or how to plan out one attacks. Just lay those cards down - keep my opponents board clear - easy as RNG will give you 1 and most likely 2 Lightning Storms. Then fill your board with 1 drops and vs and extremely favorable matchup and _ YES Turn 8 I have my card in my hand thanks to assisted AI wins! Drop. And theres game.

Anyone watch part of EU PRO tournament? I watched Silvername get crushed 0 - 3. Pro player. Got smoked. His opponent top decked on a Odd Rogue. Then a Paladin deck. Done by turn 5 each match. Last match the same. Didnt lose by turn 5 by bad cards in hand and his opponent - LOOK I CANT LSOE AGAIN! ALL I have to do is drop these cards and - tada! I win! No Skill needed.
I don't mind people actually using their allotted time. What's silly is these guys that see that they cannot do anything anymore, they will definitely lose the next turn, and then they rope on purpose.
What is the point of this? Are you trying to annoy me, or just waste my time because I beat you? To me this is just a bad loser.
Roping is actually a lot of fun and you get to do fun stuff while the game does its autopilot play.

For axample todays quest is to do 65 dmg to opponents

First opponent the patterned secret hunter
very extreme pattern here top decker for sure

Candleshot
Wandering Monster Secret
Wandering Monster Secret again - any of these could lead to RNG win
Flanking Strike
Emerald Spellstone game over already
Too My Side
Command Kill

Yep, the perfect top deck pattern which is never random but always there running the perfect AI autopilot purposely designed sequence. A game of no skill continues - just play out my pattern sequence again and again each game hoping my opponent doesnt have the counter pattern.

So I am watching netflix while I complete the daily. Roping is the best. It alleviates the tedium boring wash rinse repeat pattern play of Hearthstone.
Are players *still* whining about rope burning?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!
There is no excuse for roping the entire turn, let alone every turn. They are trolls, simple as that. Another shining example of what is wrong with this game.
Let them waste their own time by roping.
It's their timer, not yours. If they want to use it because they're thinking or learning, fine.
If they want to use it because they're thinking they're cool kids, that's fine too.
It's you, the person complaining, that's the problem.
If it didn't bother you, they wouldn't have any gain by doing it. It's your incessant complaining, just yelling into the four winds about how much it bothers and upsets you, that keeps it happening.
If you're complaining about roping in casual... Concede and move on.
If you're complaining in ranked, find something else to do while you're waiting.
It's a game. If you're not enjoying it, leave, go find something that'll make you happy. YOU deserve that. YOU can control that.
I say lets get rid of the rope and just end the turn pre-maturely because if you're good enough you will play fast. #GetGood
You ruin my fun by playing the same retarded net deck i've encountered a thousand times before, i ruin yours by roping you and spamming "wow" in the same time. Seems fair.
11/19/2018 10:34 PMPosted by PathOfExile
You ruin my fun by playing the same retarded net deck i've encountered a thousand times before, i ruin yours by roping you and spamming "wow" in the same time. Seems fair.

That a bogus deflection and excuse. I don’t play netdecks and I don’t rope...because I’m not a troll. I play Wild Casual only, never ladder, and I ban netdecks and certain classes and other decks from all of my gameplay. It makes the game tolerable.
11/19/2018 10:40 PMPosted by YupYup
excuse

Oh, my bad. Forgot the rule to not make any excuses before the most braindead communities on the internet.
11/19/2018 10:51 PMPosted by PathOfExile
11/19/2018 10:40 PMPosted by YupYup
excuse

Oh, my bad. Forgot the rule to not make any excuses before the most braindead communities on the internet.

Oh please. Little boy gets called out and turns to name-calling. Bye now.
There is no difference between roping and spamming emotes. Both are troll moves and hallmarks of bad manner players.
11/21/2018 06:43 PMPosted by YupYup
There is no difference between roping and spamming emotes. Both are troll moves and hallmarks of bad manner players.

LMFAO!!! I see children are STILL whining about rope burning.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!
11/21/2018 06:43 PMPosted by YupYup

oh hi yupyup lol. still on your holy war against emotes and roping? i rope insta-squelchers who mouse over me when i see it happen, net deckers, or counter rope. and yes i feel its justified, but your special, you honestly think you can publicly shame people irl for roping in hearthstone, people should be roping you just because your that asinine.
You want to know why people rope? Because everyone is sick of people copy/pasting decks, you said so yourself, so stop acting like a white knighting snowflake and get over it, conceding just rewards bad behavior, so you rope, if you concede you literally give your opponent quest completions and gold. so no, if they want to use brain-dead, instant gratification decks, we can stretch it out as long as possible. Made all the more fun by the fact i play a custom deathrattle priest and can reset my health.
01/27/2018 09:18 AMPosted by PrisonShower
I am in the middle of 30 minute game, that still actively going allowing me the time to post on the forums. I beat an opponent and then very next game was matched up against him.

His response? Rope every single turn in our rematch... to delay the game as long as possible.

It is unfortunate we have these juveniles, but I think Blizzard should implement total time limits on games. No game should last more than 30 minutes.

roping is a game mechanic, so anyone that doesn't like it can play another game. I don't see any issue with it.
I'm with the OP but there are others who feel it's ok. Deliberate roping is one the reasons why I quit hearthstone a year ago despite my investments in buying the collection. It just isn't fun for me anymore.

I'm with Beliz, don't like it, just quit.

Again there are those who believe in customer feedback though... Life is so complicated. Haha
My fix would be to group ropers with other ropers.

If you are in the bottom 1/3 of players in terms of turn time...you get grouped with other players in the bottom 1/3.

This way slower players and intentional ropers can take their time, and people who prefer to play efficiently and respect their opponent can have more fun.
Roping is making use of the allotted time.
It's not bad in the sense that the game does allow it.
The game even ends the turn on its own past the allotted time, so it's not like you'll never get your turn.

Also, it's a viable strategy for those with short tempers, and even shorter battery charge.
I just concede and let the bad sports book a win. I will say this type of behavior zaps the little fun that game still has left. Maybe if we all move to China, they'll consider a shorter clock variant.
Play NOZDORMU card and dont cry!