Is hearthstone the greatest game OF ALL TIME?

Play Mode Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
If not then what is?
Chess
No. No no no. I love HS and Blizzard.... but greatest game of all time? I can't take you seriously. One of the best CCGs sure, but I wouldn't say it was clearly the best in terms of gameplay, but it is quite good.
Really good card game and simplifies a lot of the nonsense a full MTG game would have to add, but out of all games that's hard to sell.

Greatest game of all time... depends who you ask and could certainly use a more focused genre, but I'll throw out Chrono Trigger or Super Metroid
Magic the gathering and Yugioh
Actually, in terms of online gaming, my opinion is that it's the best.

I really dislike most of the online games though.

Additionally, if we take single player games into accounts, it's not even top 50.
Nope.

But I play it more than anything else so what do I know?

It's easily the best CCG. I happen to like it's streamers a ton. And Ben Brode, for all the negativity I've shot his way, is genuinely a bright ray of joy. He clearly loves his job, and watching him is a bit like seeing a child on Christmas day most times.

I'm old fashioned though. Best game is still probably Alpha Centauri.
Depends on the genre of game you like and for me personally I would put alot of RPG's top of my list.
02/09/2018 07:02 PMPosted by Vaedor
Depends on the genre of game you like and for me personally I would put alot of RPG's top of my list.

Name your top three Rpgs.

I'll run mine out too.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Legend of Mana
3. FF3 (US) FF6 (JPN)
Russian Roulette. I'd put Xenogears a close second though.
Pfft Hearthstone? No.

Minesweeper, now that's a game.
02/09/2018 06:35 PMPosted by Player
Chess

Chess is the worst game of all time, never have a balance patch in the last 1000 years.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'll run mine out too.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Legend of Mana
3. FF3 (US) FF6 (JPN)

I was thinking FF3 #1 before I read your response. I'd put it above Chrono , but I played it like a decade or two before I played Chrono, so I had higher expectations going into that one.

Legend of Mana, I played after reading reviews with comparisons to games like Link to the Past, and I gotta say I enjoyed the Zelda games a bit more. But it was pretty great as well.

Your top 3 bring back some memories....

I'd have to throw Ocarina in there somewhere (and probably the original Diablo and Dark (Demons tbh) Souls if we're including action RPGs).
02/09/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Gishgeron

I'll run mine out too.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Legend of Mana
3. FF3 (US) FF6 (JPN)

1. Final Fantasy 3
2. Final Fantasy 2
3. Chrono Trigger

Lost Odyssey (Xbox 360 only) also being up there as well just for the story. Just so happens that the story was written by Hironobu Sakaguchi of Final Fantasy.
The Quiet Game.
Hearthstone's fun, but it's not even Blizzards best game, let alone the best game period. Starcraft 2 is still Blizzards best game IMO.
02/09/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Gishgeron

I'll run mine out too.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Legend of Mana
3. FF3 (US) FF6 (JPN)

FF IX
SMRPG
Persona 3

No order
02/09/2018 07:23 PMPosted by ohmybob
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I'll run mine out too.

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Legend of Mana
3. FF3 (US) FF6 (JPN)

FF IX
SMRPG
Persona 3

No order

FF IX < FFVII < FF3 imho

I dunno the other two, so i'll have to check em out xD
FF7

I rest my case.

(I assume that we don’t include any sports in this discussion)