Can't Sign In anymore from iOS/iPad

Technical Support
Hi everyone,

Today I had to change my Battle.net password, so when I tried to use my iPad again to play Hearthstone, I was asked to login again. Nothing wrong/strange here.

The problem is that I couldn't get past the "Sign In" button because the game was stuck loading.

Things I've tried:

1) Uninstall and reinstall Hearthstone on my iPad: it didn't fix it
2) Check if the game works on a different device: it does! I can still play from my iPhone (same wifi network, same iOS version)
3) Reboot the iPad: didn't fix it
4) I've installed it on OSX: it works, I can login with my account

I've also created a short video to show you exactly what happens when I try to Sign In: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8uJylTEBgU&feature=youtu.be

As you can see, the game is stuck "loading" something. If I click "I'm New" it loads normally and I can do the beginners tutorial (but it's not what I want, I want to login with my account!).

How can I fix this? Thanks!
Please, I still need help with this. I'm trying all the possible things I can find but it doesn't help.

Thanks
Not really liking this, but trying to give this post more attention.
I'm experiencing the same thing on iPhone 7, up-to-date iOS using authenticator. This requires a fix ASAP!
We are encountering the same issue on an ipad with a newly created account. Cannot get past the login screen, it just reloads the login screen when correct password is put in. Tried on an android device and it works fine, so the issue is related to the browser used during login.
Same issue here on an iPad with latest iOS. On Android phone the works without issues.
The only thing I could guess is there is a firewall or connectivity issue blocking the connection. Since this is a mobile device, I'd recommend changing locations and trying to connect through a different network.

Unfortunately I can't verify, as my iPad only has 16 gig, and with only about 3 free I keep getting a not enough storage error. (Can only free up to about 5 gig total if I wipe all non-critical things off since iTunes did that stupid change of not storing apps on the PC and syncing.)
I am running Pi-Hole as DNS server, yes. But I find it very strange I can play Hearthstone on any other device (PC, Android phone, Android tablet) but not the iPad.

/rubs chin and mumbles something about Apple conspiracy
03/19/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Nyana
Pi-Hole

Not familiar with that. Have you tried running with that disabled?
It’s an advertisement and tracking blocker for your home network. If I use my cell phone as mobile hotspot Heartstone works like a charm. My guess if people experience login issues is that they should check these settings as well as the standard solutions. It might be possible that these privacy tools are blocking required telemetry feedback that Hearthstone uses (E.T. needs to phone home, you know)

The reason why Hearthstone uses things like trackers or telemetry services is a discussion for somewhere else :) Thank you kindly for helping and advice.
Nyana - Thank you so much for suggesting Pi-Hole. I've been baffled by why I can play fine on my iPhone, Mac and PC but not on the iPad other than the fact that the iPad is new and had never signed in to Hearthstone before.

Dropping off the wi-fi and trying to launch it using 4G got me signed in fine and now able to play on the iPad on wi-fi again. I guess there is something Pi-Hole is blocking during the login process that the Hearthstone thinks it needs to show the login screen.

My suggestion for anyone having the issue as described by MagoAnubi is to try and connect to an open and unfiltered network just to sign in.
In pi-hole, I had to whitelist www.googletagmanager.com
Just follow the steps,
Erase hearthstone,
Download hearthstone,
When it’s complete from the App Store open it.
When it opens you’ll see “new player or log in.”
Click on setting at the top right,
Click download asset,
Then chose to download over cellular data.
Viola. You can now play hearthstone on iPhone! Enjoy friends!
07/13/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Srgntknight
Just follow the steps,
Erase hearthstone,
Download hearthstone,
When it’s complete from the App Store open it.
When it opens you’ll see “new player or log in.”
Click on setting at the top right,
Click download asset,
Then chose to download over cellular data.
Viola. You can now play hearthstone on iPhone! Enjoy friends!

Does not work. That was the first thing I tried.
This is super frustrating. When I try to login on my iPhone it just erases the password field once I press sign in. After a while it tells me the page is expired. Why won’t it load my account??
08/01/2018 05:28 PMPosted by ShadowDragon
This is super frustrating. When I try to login on my iPhone it just erases the password field once I press sign in. After a while it tells me the page is expired. Why won’t it load my account??

I'm having this exact same issue. Reinstalling hearthstone did nothing. Changing networks did nothing. This is extremely frustrating.
I’m having the same issue.... why hasn’t anyone from blizzard replied to this post??
My friend has a simular issue. When he clicks log in and types his username and password he gets to the loading screen and I can see from an other device on my account that he gets online. But after 2-3 sec he sees a blackscreen and then he gets kicked out of the game. (he has tried to log in on 3 apple devices now and it still does not work) Allso i should mention that it works fine when he logs in on my android phone. :(
Same problem here. 2 different iPads (Gen4+5), 2 different accounts, one old account and one newly created one. As soon as i try to login it clears the password and nothing happens.
Same here. 2018 iPad. I see the logo at startup then exits the app completely. Tried reinstalling, tried different networks.
Hello everyone

I have the same problem ... I have tried quite a few options.
Everything lets me believe that the problem comes from authentication at battle.net.

When I do not connect I can play without problems, while if I connect the game crashes.

Using software (iMasing) I could access the directory of the application and looking more closely in HS / Documents / Options.txt are the option "connecttobnet".
When I change this option:
- connecttobnet = True => the game crashes
- connecttobnet = False => the game works (Edit : you can play as new player...)

I could not go further for the moment ... I opened a ticket currently being processed by a GM and I informed him of my results.

Hoping to have helped.

Sorry for the quality I am french;)

Edit : Using iPhone 6 Plus 16Go IOS 11.4.1