Anyone else feel like you face your deck counters alittle too often?

Play Mode Discussion
This may be just me, but I feel like I face alot of decks that counter mine. When I play Secrets Mage, In my past 10 games, 7 of them were running Eater of Secrets. When I switched over to Aggro Paladin, I faced alot of really heavy anti aggro Warlocks.
Maybe it’s just me, but maybe someone else can give me some input? Do you feel the same way sometimes?
Because Secret Mages and Aggro Paladins are very common at the moment so everyone is teching in cards to counter?
02/28/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Pipotchi
Because Secret Mages and Aggro Paladins are very common at the moment so everyone is teching in cards to counter?

Right? Like how is the OP surprised at all?
I know the feeling. When I play my control warrior everyone beats me. What gives.
OP, you are the statistic. Every so often RNG will result in you facing your deck's counters, then you'll switch decks and face that deck's counters. It happens once every X amount of 20 game samples. But for every time that happens, there's some lucky schmuck who only faces decks he counters, and then when he switches his deck, again only faces decks he counters.

You win some you lose some.
02/28/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Doffy
This may be just me, but I feel like I face alot of decks that counter mine. When I play Secrets Mage, In my past 10 games, 7 of them were running Eater of Secrets. When I switched over to Aggro Paladin, I faced alot of really heavy anti aggro Warlocks.
Maybe it’s just me, but maybe someone else can give me some input? Do you feel the same way sometimes?
yep been complaining about matching since the game was invented. good luck
No i get play against a lot of goofy decks in casual. Last night i saw hand buff pally, quest shaman, overload giant shaman, some weird type of taunt druid.

I see net deckers every now and then but i tanked my casual mmr hard so i can avoid them.
Kingsbane Rogue and Voidlord/Doomguard Warlocks are counters to my Warlock deck and I certainly play them more than anyone. I just had to play 4 warlocks in a row and 5 Kingsbane Rogues mixed with 1 hunter 1 Warrior and 2 Mages. Secret Mage is next but it's 50/50 win/loss with them, every other deck I typically win against I just never see them. I wish I saw Paladins, Hunters and shaman's more that would be some nice wins.
Is it more likely that people just understand the metagame and adjust accordingly as time passes, even throughout the day, or that blizzard actively monitors decks for what cards appear in them and fenagle the matchmaking just so that they face their counters when they've been hot and face good matchups when they've been losing?
Nope. I encounter decks generally in proportion to what the meta suggests I would. I have never had a streak of matches where I faced the same deck 10 times in a row or anything like that. I've had 2 or 3 times where I faced the same deck type, but that's nothing unusual.
It wouldn’t be very hard for blizzard to implement code to give you better odds of playing against certain classes, based on the class you currently are.

Enough of us has seen drastic changes in our opponents after changing classes to know that it isn’t 100% random. It also doesn’t bode well in bli$$ards favor when their partner company is filing for patents to screw with matchmaking.

I’m not calling them out on anything, but there should always be some doubt with things like this. Bli$$ard isn’t infallible, nor are they the same bli$$ard that brought you starcraft 1, warcraft 1-3 or diablo 1-2. The reasons they would want to screw with matchmaking are abundant, and they all include money. When talking about money, nothing is off the table. Destiny is a great example of how a once revered company fell from grace rather disgustingly. And there is no reason the same can’t happen to bli$$ard, especially since they are partnered with the same people responsible for bungie’s downfall.
02/28/2018 07:52 AMPosted by Pipotchi

I figured, maybe I’m just unlucky :)
lol what does the frustration purchase manipulation patent do?

Pitts you against someone that "counters" you...

hmm

HMMMMM

hmmm....

Probably nothing...
I generally see a cross-section of the meta whenever I look at my stats month-to-month, but there are definitely days when I think the universe is out to get me. Bad rolls happen from time to time when you’re paired with people randomly, it’s just reality, and our brains are hardwired to seek out patterns in everything, so it’s not surprising that you would notice it whenever it happens. It’s just confirmation bias, we all fall subject to it at some point.
For sure they queue you against counter decks so you lose and get triggered to buy more packs and build a different deck. There's a 0% chance blizzard does not do that.
This month and last I've been mostly playing just Arena and enough Ranked to get the card back and hover somewhere close to rank ten. I've played only Odd Paladin in ranked this month and I'm 12-0 facing zero Priests or Warriors. Mostly Hunters, a couple of Rogues and Aggro Mages and Paladins.
I really never understood this entire rigged matchmaking conspiracy from ppl. So from what I understand from these tinfoil hat folks think Blizzard is rigging games so that people will be inclined to buy cards. Well If I thought matchmaking was being rigged I dont make a forum post calling out Blizzard for rigging and being naughty hoping they learn lesson and then I certainly dont go duel wield credit cards and buy cards. I would uninstall.
02/28/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Luffy

Definitely, since day 1 it's been this way. I'll play 100-200 games and never see a "destroy weapon", then build a weapon deck and it's almost every match. Same with secrets, same with in general types like playing a slow priest and all you face is other priests or token decks that blitz face for lethal in the first 5 turns, get frustrated and run control and all the aggro decks disappear and it's nothing but mid range that you can't control. Always been my experience from day one, people that run decks and mill to a OTK win condition won't see it because their win condition doesn't depend on other players hardly as much but I'd swear by it.

Obviously it's gonna find a match one way or another but I think it gives priority to mirror classes or opposing match ups over random matches. I haven't seen a Druid running Plague in days but I can guarantee you if I run a token deck it'll be one of my first 2-3 matches.