Crafting ratio is absurd

Community Discussion
why do i only get 1/4 dust for dusting my cards?

a good business model would be to give us 3/4 of the normal amount, or 1/2 would be fine

by the way, i strongly believe that they intentionally made so many fillers so that i rarely get my hands on the good cards, so i have to craft them myself
It's actually 1/8th for commons
1/5th for rares
and 1/4th for legendary's and epics.

so it's closer to 1/5th on average for "dusting your cards" and the answer is, hearthstone's model for making money.
I totally agree about the dust return of cards.. legendary should give you +-1000 dust. Epic +-600 and so on..

I rly rlyyyy love this game. But of the 2 things that grinds my gear. Its

1. The balance updates.. its just rly rly slow and not good enough. For a multi million good running game as this. I would expect a balance updare once a month.

2. The dust you get when dusting cards... even Nigerian scammers would say.. heyhey take is easy blizz
Dust one Legendary to get exactly one Epic,
dust that Epic one to get one Rare,
And that Rare dust will get you just a single common with a 10 dust change.

That would be the logic behind it. But for the why of it, Geoxyx is right on the money.
It's just a good model for them, and less then Ideal for us. Same reason, why they don't sell dust outright.
it never made sense to me why epics and legendaries both get 1/4.
03/05/2018 10:56 PMPosted by Delfunk
I totally agree about the dust return of cards.. legendary should give you +-1000 dust. Epic +-600 and so on..

I rly rlyyyy love this game. But of the 2 things that grinds my gear. Its

1. The balance updates.. its just rly rly slow and not good enough. For a multi million good running game as this. I would expect a balance updare once a month.

2. The dust you get when dusting cards... even Nigerian scammers would say.. heyhey take is easy blizz
i lol'd
If I would get 3/4 of crafting value, I would have every expansion completed. And this would be true for way too many others aswell. That's the most horrable thing I can imagine for a TCG.
03/06/2018 12:05 AMPosted by ProudSJW
it never made sense to me why epics and legendaries both get 1/4.

It's a cheap way to reset the pity counter when you draw a legendary other than the 4-5 that are good.
Have to say I agree here normally I disagree with the majority on this forum but blizzard are clearly making out on this one.

1/8th, 1/5th and 1/4th return is pretty lousy

50% across the board sounds right...

As frustrating as this is you got to keep telling yourself how much are you really expecting to get out of this game?? I personally haven't invested a whole lot maybe 200-250 USD in 4 years. That's probably why I've stuck around so long. Low expectations. Hearthstones not a 24/7 gig for me and I imagine it's not for the majority. I play on weekends typically maybe one or two nights through the week. 3-4 nights total a week on most weeks. I even go weeks without playing sometimes. There's a bigger picture out there and once players realize that you just understand Hearthstone is something you do mostly for free just to kill some idle time.
Cause it's F2p game, but not really F2p.
I agree, the dust ratio is complete garbage. it needs to be a 2:1 ration in my opinion. so it will still take a decent ammount to craft the good stuf, it just wont be so damn daunting.
I have the best solution . One that benefit both us and Devs by getting more money

Make it so you can upgrade your account so that it sells cards for half dust value but of course the upgrade cost would be for real money . Like for 30$

I know you guys want the ratio to improve for free but let's be real . The Devs want money . And this is f2p so they of course had reasons to make it the ratio low ( although in this case it's TOO low )

What's your thoughts ?
03/06/2018 11:04 AMPosted by skorpion1
I have the best solution . One that benefit both us and Devs by getting more money

Make it so you can upgrade your account so that it sells cards for half dust value but of course the upgrade cost would be for real money . Like for 30$

I know you guys want the ratio to improve for free but let's be real . The Devs want money . And this is f2p so they of course had reasons to make it the ratio low ( although in this case it's TOO low )

What's your thoughts ?

Meh
Greed is good.
03/06/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Sageshift

What's your thoughts ?

Meh

Think of it . Would u rather have this option available or have no option to upgrade at all

What's your thoughts ?

I would probably pay a one time fee to have the upgraded dust account. 20-30 usd for a one time payment isn't bad... Now when you get into the monthly charges I don't like that at all.
03/06/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Lordfish

What's your thoughts ?

I would probably pay a one time fee to have the upgraded dust account. 20-30 usd for a one time payment isn't bad... Now when you get into the monthly charges I don't like that at all.

Yes I mean a one time fee
Yes, the dust ratio is very consumer unfriendly. It is the absolute worst in out of all the digital CCG's.

And as to "that is how they make their money", bro, I'll let you in on a rather well known secret. This game, alone, makes them hundreds of millions of dollars annually(maybe more). They are making quite enough money off of it, I assure you. They are not hurting even in the slightest. This game is pure profit for them now, they have made back their development and continued development costs many times over now.

Blizzard made over 6 BILLION(with a B) dollars last year off of microtransactions alone, and that figure includes Hearthstone's numbers.
John 3:16