Am i the only one here who enjoys the brawl?

Play Mode Discussion
03/01/2018 10:28 AMPosted by BadSoup
Unfortunately, just looking at the absolute value of the reward is deceptive. This is a competitive game. Which means that if your opponents on average get more than you get, it is a slight negative (admittedly very slight) competitively going forward, since your opponents now have more of a resource advantage than they did before. So from the point of view of "competitive value of rewards", this is worse than a normal brawl for anyone who gets a below average number of wins.
This "difference" is so incredibly small as to be negligible. As a matter of fact, it is probably much smaller than the usual difference in resources gained by veteran players vs new players. Veteran players generally have a higher win rate (more gold from Ranked), and more end-of-month rewards (from hitting rank 5). This doesn't compare to that at all. Also, veterans can just farm Arena to get exactly the same rewards.

You're also glossing over the fact that there are actually several cheap decks that appear to be doing very well in the Brawl.

Finally, the rewards are much better than for a normal Brawl, which benefits new players much more than veteran players, since new players get more actual utility per unit of gold/dust than veteran players.
From an actual fun point of view, regular tavern brawls are an entertaining way to play the game in a way your normally cannot. This tavern brawl provides no new and interesting ways of playing the game. If I want to experience wild, all I have to do is click the wild button, any time I want.
The point is to enable a tournament mode that uses constructed decks instead of draft decks. Some people find this to be a lot of fun. I like many of the Tavern Brawls, but this is still better than several previous ones we've had, and it's refreshing to get a little bit of support for the Wild format.
The Brawliseum is my new favorite game mode, and I sincerely wish it would stick around as a permanent addition.
I enjoyed the brawl. I didn't see any naga/giants or cube warlocks like everyone was afraid of; I faced 2 mages, a paladin, a druid, and a shaman, and it wasn't super hard to get my share of the wins even with my shaman deck. Normally when there's a brawl I try it once with each hero, but I'm satisfied with just my free run this time.
Did two runs. If you like laddering Wild, this event is likely profit (albeit minor) for you.

Not being a Wild guy, and also being pretty underwhelmed with my low-rolled rewards for 10 and 11 wins respectively, I’m going to leave it at 2 runs.

But I could see why some people are enjoying it for sure.
I did like it, just wish I had a bit more time to play right now. I hope that it would be recurring thing, especially since it's fairly easy to get gold from 3 wins/runs at same time.
For the entry fee plus performance based rewards fairness goes a long, long way. As it is it’s just P2W.

On the other hand imagine if they had made it fair by giving everyone the whole collection to work with. That would have been absolutely amazing, so I’m really disappointed.
03/01/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Plikuscht
The Brawliseum is my new favorite game mode, and I sincerely wish it would stick around as a permanent addition.

Would be good as extra game mode, but as brawl i prefer like boss vs boss or co-ups over this.

There already is, it is called ladder. Since this brawl is focused on wild, you are essentially playing wild ladder. The only difference is that it is not free after the first run since you are rewarded the same way arena does it without the random draft.
Its nothing special, only people who play this type are people who like broken decks and kept their wild cards, otherwise its just wild people against standard players, and how broken a deck you can create. If its free I will grab my rewards and be done, but its not worth the gold or the time. Its an awful experience and they should keep wild separate from the general population. True had they given everyone the full list of cards it would be better. But I don't care about trying to create broken decks.
ridiculous amount of perfect draws and rng. this game has been brutal today. so annoying
I've enjoyed it and am playing more--it's a great way to farm gold and packs if you have the right deck and are a solid player. Not sure how much that will change once all the people playing in it are second-timers instead of just using their free ticket, but I guess we'll see this weekend.
I would prefer it if they had a brawl where you can try any card and build a deck from the whole collection

Trial a cool legendary mode
I like Tavern Brawls more for a fun bend-the-rules mode than a competitive wild pseudo-arena.
Best brawl ever!
03/01/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Seiya

There already is, it is called ladder. Since this brawl is focused on wild, you are essentially playing wild ladder. The only difference is that it is not free after the first run since you are rewarded the same way arena does it without the random draft.

That’s not strictly accurate. With Ladder, the goal is to grind out hundreds of games, which makes Aggro decks far more appealing. In this Brawl, you have to reach a certain number of wins in order to break even, it’s not just a matter of grinding a lot of games until something sticks. That means the meta is different (and it is.) I love the arena-style format because it rewards actual skill, not just time investment.
03/01/2018 09:27 AMPosted by TheChemist

a)The diversity i saw was refreshing

[/quote]

Tried to create a deck that might have a chance since the only wild I play is with ancient decks to finish quests at ranks 23-18. Spent 800 dust.

Played 3 secret mages playing the exact same deck. Lost all 3 games.

Took my 55 dust and realised this is very stupid brawl.
Was enjoying it up until this. https://i.imgur.com/T3KWKnR.png

Never lucky, these servers hate me.

was 4-1. now 4-2.
Its basically just same as playing wild mode ranked so I don't see whats so special about it.
Conceded 3x in a row

BEST. ARENA. EVER!
03/01/2018 10:07 AMPosted by Elementality
Because believe it or not my opinion is allowed to differ from yours. I prefer Tavern Brawls that introduce interesting/quirky mechanics, interesting deck building challenges, or pre-constructed decks. This brawl is just constructed wild, which is neither of those things, and offers no new game play that I didn't already have access to. That's why I don't like the brawl, so I voiced my opinion on the matter.

Well im not forbiding anyone to tell their opinions. But lets remember what happened in the forums the last months:
''Give more attention to wild'', ''blizzard doesnt give much importance to wild'' etc. And to be honest i was between the people that asked some kind of wild attention

Now we got a month of wild events (wild arena, brawls etc) and people are like ''boo hoo blizzard told me that i wont need my wild cards'', '' i cant go well in this brawl cause im missing wild cards'' (which is a lie btw) etc.

My point is this is just a brawl that happened once in the whole history of hs, everyone can join and a lot of people find fun in playing it. Next week another brawl will be here.
As for the rewards for the big wins,i think they re fine. What i think that needs to be raised is the rewards in lower wins. I mean its impossible to believe that a person with 3-4 wins might find himself losing stuff instead of winning.

So its good to have an opinion but its bad to complain about everyone and everything....