Hunter Weak

Arena Discussion
The hero is terrible. yes it drops powerful monsters, but at the cost of your entire mana OR 1 gem too high to place. Its ability is lackluster. Other heroes do amazing things for 2 mana and can still play their hand. Druids get 3 armor and attack. Mages get lifesteal and free elementals for the cost of 2 mana. Priests can acutally play their hand while using their ability. The control spells cost 1 mana too much, and never deal enough damage. A Mage can drop two 5/5 for 0 mana, where as I need to setup 2 turns to drop something that can be board cleared by every class with a card that is a lower cost. The cards cannot be combo'd well with each other. There is no lifesteal or armor. Rhok`delar gives you useless spells in your hand. If the condition is having no minions in your deck, why do I keep getting cards pertaining to minions. The cards are also costly, so you must play it on turn 7+ with control of the board. It rarely gives you control back, as it costs 7 mana and there is not enough to use the cards you drew. There is nothing for board clearing minions. Best aoe is 2 dmg and cannot be stacked.
Are you talking about arena or constructed?
Either way, you can pick between either 9 or 3 classes.

So

Dont pick hunter..,.
Sounds like arena because hes talking about receiving cards pertaining to minions. Rhokdehlar and to my side shouldn't be picks in Arena. There is no way your going to be able to play a no minion deck or even minion light deck successfully in arena, the tempo loss is far too great to overcome with hunters poor quality spells. What a huge over sight.
03/05/2018 05:51 PMPosted by l4ndm1n3
Either way, you can pick between either 9 or 3 classes.

So

Dont pick hunter..,.

That's a great response to something broken. I choose to try to have fun. I choose to not go straight to the most op !@#$ around. The fact you can summon a golem thats 15/15 for 1 gem is absurd. And you know it too.

03/05/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Minerva
Sounds like arena because hes talking about receiving cards pertaining to minions. Rhokdehlar and to my side shouldn't be picks in Arena. There is no way your going to be able to play a no minion deck or even minion light deck successfully in arena, the tempo loss is far too great to overcome with hunters poor quality spells. What a huge over sight.

For example, What about Druids. I fatigued out a druid, until he plays that cancerous !@#$ing 1 gem card to infinite stack golems. His hero ability and armor cards get him stacked to oblivion. The aoe clear with swipe...

The zombie beasts are %^-*. they cost too many gems, and you have to spend two to create one. That means, at best, you can place down 1 minion late game and thats it.
Hunter has just become more of a control smorc. You have to choose the best moment mid to late game to smorc.

1/2 the time a large taunt hits the board and creates an instant loss.

The problem with hunter is that you have to win before the other classes can maneuver the board to their favor. That is the key.

My first wild arena was with hunter and I just picked a ton of pings and early game.
Nobody lasted past round 8.
03/05/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Minerva

For example, What about Druids. I fatigued out a druid, until he plays that cancerous !@#$ing 1 gem card to infinite stack golems. His hero ability and armor cards get him stacked to oblivion. The aoe clear with swipe...

The zombie beasts are %^-*. they cost too many gems, and you have to spend two to create one. That means, at best, you can place down 1 minion late game and thats it.[/quote]

No that sounds like constructed to me. Death knights are banned from drafting in arena. Jades are not as impactful in arena as they are in constructed. Not every class should be viewed the same, you have to consider the strengths of the classes. Hunter's hero power may seem weak early game, but the damage aggregates so long as you are able to maintain your board. Trade when necessary, but typically go face.
Haven't tried Hunter in Wild Arena, but Hunter is actually fairly good in the current Standard Arena. Flanking Strike, Spell Stone, Crushing Wall etc are very solid cards in Arena. I got my first hunter 12 win run few weeks ago thanks to those cards.

03/05/2018 09:33 PMPosted by ViceInfamy

If you couldn't finish a jade druid early, you not going to win that game as a Hunter, it is just the way it is those decks work. Still not sure you are talking about Arena or Constructed thou.
Dude, the fact is your complaint is wrong. You probably just got bad drafts.

Hunter was recently buffed extremely hard... they get to summon up to 12/12 with 4 mana after playing 4 mana

Not to mention crushing walls... like they recieved such a huge buff... just cuz you get a bad draft dont mean nothing
I am 100% certain that he's talking about constructed. Which is weird because hunter is doing okay in constructed.

It's doing great in Standard Arena, and it's surprisingly bad in this wild arena event unless you get a crazy good draft.
https://hsreplay.net/replay/8crmFnXY5mSocAwsFwmtw7

please tell me hunter isnt busted

This was F#$#$king 2-2
At 0-0 i used a top deck flame leviathan pull to clear board and 2x pyroblast for BM lethal.

I think mage is the most annoying currently but that's wild arena and it's gone lol.
The Hunter DK can be used to maintain tempo until you go lethal. You can make Zombeasts in the 3-7 cost range and use minions and spells you topdeck to maintain board control until said lethal.

Obviously not the best DK but you can tailor the Zombeasts to what you need - taunt, poison, damage dealing, etc... That is a useful tool.
03/05/2018 11:59 AMPosted by ViceInfamy
The hero is terrible. yes it drops powerful monsters, but at the cost of your entire mana OR 1 gem too high to place. Its ability is lackluster. Other heroes do amazing things for 2 mana and can still play their hand. Druids get 3 armor and attack. Mages get lifesteal and free elementals for the cost of 2 mana. Priests can acutally play their hand while using their ability. The control spells cost 1 mana too much, and never deal enough damage. A Mage can drop two 5/5 for 0 mana, where as I need to setup 2 turns to drop something that can be board cleared by every class with a card that is a lower cost. The cards cannot be combo'd well with each other. There is no lifesteal or armor. Rhok`delar gives you useless spells in your hand. If the condition is having no minions in your deck, why do I keep getting cards pertaining to minions. The cards are also costly, so you must play it on turn 7+ with control of the board. It rarely gives you control back, as it costs 7 mana and there is not enough to use the cards you drew. There is nothing for board clearing minions. Best aoe is 2 dmg and cannot be stacked.
Agreed.