Un-interactive Meta

Play Mode Discussion
is it just me or does it feel like the current meta is highly un-interactive?

(for reference I've been playing between R5 and R2 last few days)

and it feels like whoever wins was the one to get their nut draw.

I.e. secret mage/cubelock/pally primarily
A lot of cards are just so powerful on their own it's easy to get overran by someone who goes first.

Ohh you're going second agaisnt aggro playing aggro yourself well gg you lose, enjoy never having tempo.

Control I wanna say is barely hanging on. You have things like Spiteful Priest which is pretty much a tempo highroll deck that has the power of a minion board wipe. Which is busted from netherspite historian. Rotation is gonna be a God send for a few archetypes to die off.
I prefer this meta over the one before kobolds where it was literally all aggro and highlander.

I also prefer this over the pirate warrior and jade druid days
Nah.

The Pirate/Jade fiasco was the REAL definition of non-interactive.
In beta, the cards each class used were pretty similar, and we all used a lot of the same cards, so the board was always highly contested and didn’t have super strong synergy swing turns like we do now.

Now, most decks have huge swings that line up at different turns and it’s more volatile as a result.

I do miss some of how beta felt (it wasn’t perfect).
I would be very happy if they fixed Warlock. If Warlock wasn't that busted i would be ok with this meta
I wouldn’t say in interactive but I would definitely say unintuitive. The main goal of some decks is to just find Barnes before turn 4. Big Priest and Spell Hunter.
Then we have decks that just abusive silly mecanics like cheating out big minions on early turns. All of Warlock and Priest.
Then my personal favorite. The deck that literally pilots it’self being Spiteful Priest. I cant think of another competitive deck ever being so straightforward to use. Your first 6 turns are just play the biggest minion I can on curve then cheat out a bigger minion on turn 6. This deck also bring out the other worst aspect of the game at the moment being cheating out minions for free. A card like Dusk Breaker is so bad for this game. My reasoning why is simple: you as a player have to make the decision to remove your opponents board with AoE this is good for you but topically you spent you mana/ turn doing so which leaves your opponent to re develop or whatever. On the other hand you can play your own minions and fight for the board. It’s your decision.
Duskbreaker just says screw this whole concept that we all know and cut any decisions the player needs to make and removes the board while developing for you.
Cards like this should never be printed.
02/19/2018 05:42 PMPosted by fingrknitter
In beta, the cards each class used were pretty similar, and we all used a lot of the same cards, so the board was always highly contested and didn’t have super strong synergy swing turns like we do now.

Now, most decks have huge swings that line up at different turns and it’s more volatile as a result.

I do miss some of how beta felt (it wasn’t perfect).

*sniffle*

i miss the days of bumping chillwind yetis into each other
with the power levels of todays cards stormwind champion never needed his nerf
well
maybe alex was a bit of a swing
but naxx had dr 1- undertaker, also sludge belcher
gvg had dr 7 and 4
tgt had mysterious dr 6
brm had dr HEYEVERYONEHEYEVEYHEYEVERYHEYEVRYONE GET IN HERE
loe well....reno lol
wotog had nzoth/yog/cthun/cotw
onik had spirit claws
msog had dr WHO GOES THAR IM IN CHAAARGE NOW
jtu had almost nothing besides quest mage/rouge
koft had death knights and ultimate winfestation
knc had dr c0rridor

in beta dr 4 was a 4/5 and harvest golem was thought to be op as well (member the good ol 3 mana 4/3 arguments?)

gah nostalgia
but this game is becoming more like the medivh vs malchezzar intro boss fight- one sided and swingy
02/19/2018 06:06 PMPosted by xFoobs
Duskbreaker just says screw this whole concept that we all know and cut any decisions the player needs to make and removes the board while developing for you.

How about Arcanologist 2/3 and Librarian 2/1 - both cards that develop good-stats + draw?

Hunter doesn't have AoE + developgoodstats like Priest, or Draw + developgoodstats like Mage n Warlock.

You wonder why these classes get played a ton in non-agro lists.

Develop with good stats + do anything else are the most busted cards in the game - only some classes have them - should be all or ideally none.
Yeah, the meta is very toxic. And it's not changing in April either. Cubelock is so OP and nothing OP is rotating so it'll stay OP. GG another 2 years of this bull crap.
Theme of the expansion: Cheat out big minions in turn 5/6. Really hope they develop a card that inserts a random 1 cost spell/minion in their opponents deck
WAIIIITTT UP! In my other post everyone is claiming how taking full length turns every single turn from T1 and up and thinking about strategy is oh so super important.. then people upvote someone claiming RNG and DRAW bascially decides a game.. I just don't get it.
I wouldn’t say in interactive but I would definitely say unintuitive. The main goal of some decks is to just find Barnes before turn 4. Big Priest and Spell Hunter.
Then we have decks that just abusive silly mecanics like cheating out big minions on early turns. All of Warlock and Priest.
Then my personal favorite. The deck that literally pilots it’self being Spiteful Priest. I cant think of another competitive deck ever being so straightforward to use. Your first 6 turns are just play the biggest minion I can on curve then cheat out a bigger minion on turn 6. This deck also bring out the other worst aspect of the game at the moment being cheating out minions for free. A card like Dusk Breaker is so bad for this game. My reasoning why is simple: you as a player have to make the decision to remove your opponents board with AoE this is good for you but topically you spent you mana/ turn doing so which leaves your opponent to re develop or whatever. On the other hand you can play your own minions and fight for the board. It’s your decision.

Nah Duskbreaker is fine. It's a very balanced card requiring an activator and one that hits your own minions. The decks that it punishes the most are swarm style try to go wide decks. Those deck just need to adapt and put in eggs and minions that can stick to the board better. Creating board states that make them think twice about using one of their numerous board clears is very effective.

If anything Psychic Scream is stupidly busted because it is a board clear that just bypasses any kind of board state you are creating to counter the priest.
02/19/2018 09:20 PMPosted by Dallaen

Nah Duskbreaker is fine. It's a very balanced card requiring an activator and one that hits your own minions. The decks that it punishes the most are swarm style try to go wide decks. Those deck just need to adapt and put in eggs and minions that can stick to the board better. Creating board states that make them think twice about using one of their numerous board clears is very effective.

If anything Psychic Scream is stupidly busted because it is a board clear that just bypasses any kind of board state you are creating to counter the priest.

I don’t think Dusk Breaker is overpowered. The design of the card is my issue. As mentioned before, you as a player should have to make the decision if you want to play your AoE, you loose tempo but clear the board. On the other hand you can play your own minions and try and make a tempo play/make your own board.
These decisions are fundamental in Hearthstone, it’s one of the small things that define good and bad players(knowing when to fight for the board or when to just spend you turn clearing) Cards like Dusk Breaker circumvent these decisions in my opinion and shrinks the gap between skill levels.
02/19/2018 05:42 PMPosted by fingrknitter
o the board was always highly contested and didn’t have super strong synergy swing turns like we do now

There were many more otks in beta than there have been since. rose colored glasses while fun to wear don't really reflect what really went on.
02/19/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Str8nobull
is it just me or does it feel like the current meta is highly un-interactive?

This is because......

02/19/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Theman
A lot of cards are just so powerful on their own it's easy to get overran by someone who goes first.

And this is what happens in every single meta. I was talking with a few guys that stopped playing hs about a year ago and when they saw the new cards the smiled and told me ironically: ''Wow these cards sound really fun :P, its good that we stopped hs'' (and no im not lying about this one).

At least what i like about this meta is that it gives you the chance to play around tech cards (something that didnt happen in the older ones) but still the power level of cards is insane. And when you push such cards it really makes sense for the game to become uninteractive.
I mean innervate, fwa etc were nerfed cause ''it was op'' but at the same time cards that allow you to play 9 cost things during rounds 4-6 are actually balanced?
But you know what? I came to the conclusion that this is hs in every single expansion-meta. Right now im a total junkie that plays cause he has a decent collection and not cause hes having fun.