So You Think You Can Cast - Partner Thread

Community Discussion
So you think you can cast!?

If you’re looking to find a casting partner to participate in this year’s Hearthstone edition of "So You Think You Can Cast", post your BattleTag or Twitter below to connect with others, and find the TJ to your Admirable.

Learn more about getting onto that Hearthstone casting desk for the Hearthstone Collegiate Championship Playoffs for Spring.

Read the So You Think You Can Cast? Hearthstone Edition 2018! blog for more information.

Note: We’re only accepting duo casting submissions, so make sure you cast over the provided VOD in a pair.

GLHF!
Looking for a partner!!! Really interested in getting into this, but my main commentary experience comes from pokemon VGC and I’ve only recently started trying my hand at HS. Battletag is slyx183#1649 and my twitter is @slyx183!
I'm a decently good Hearthstone player, and I've always wanted to stream but I could never find the drive to do it alone. I really would like a partner, preferably someone that is a good at looking at the technical side of games, I'm more fit for color commentary. If you're looking for a partner my battletag is Aidere#1138.
Hey everybody my name is Jessie but I go by jSteezus online! Casting has always been an aspiration of mine since I started watching professional esports back in season one of the LCS. I've been playing Hearthstone since Naxx and I've watched HCT since the 2014 World Championships.

While I don't have any official casting experience, I always jokingly commentate games with friends whether it's during a spectating session on HS, or playing Mario Kart in real life. I'm looking for a partner who is reliable, open-minded, and willing to practice before we submit our final video.

If you want to add me on Discord my tag is steez#4618.

I'm super excited about this opportunity and I hope I can find someone who's equally motivated and passionate about becoming a caster!
Hi all!

Name's Germán but Cavill is my war name, you can call me that :D

I have always loved color-casting since I was a child and recently I got into casting LOL leagues and some Rocket League, but getting into HS comments is just in another whole level I definitely WANT to explore. I have previous experience in card games, which makes casting HS just more attractive to me!

My English is not perfect at all (I'm from Spain), but I feel more than ready to give it a try (or two, or whatever is needed) - If you want to add me, my battletag is ADN#21130.

My thing is color-casting, but I can go on with some analysis if I just have the time - Learning about the meta rn, don't wanna miss a thing!
02/22/2018 03:20 PMPosted by slyx183
Looking for a partner!!! Really interested in getting into this, but my main commentary experience comes from pokemon VGC and I’ve only recently started trying my hand at HS. Battletag is slyx183#1649 and my twitter is @slyx183!

I guess I should add that I'm a lot more familiar with board analysis and identifying possible lines of play because of my 3 years of experience in competitive pokemon casting, which seems to complement many here who are interested in color! Very open to practicing and I'm based in London right now so in a GMT+0 timezone if that helps. Looking forward to working with some of you!
Hey guys, hoping to find a partner to work with.

I started playing Hearthstone in 2013 and have actively followed the competitive scene since the 2014 HCT season. I consider myself a decent and experienced player (currently top 50 on NA) and have played in every HCT qualifier so far this year, so I have a good understanding of meta’s, deck mulligans, matchups, etc.

I have no specific Hearthstone commentary experience, however I have commentated numerous local sports finals which are viewable on YouTube and have podcast production experience.

I consider myself an analyst focussed caster so am hoping to find someone who can mesh, bring a bit of colour, would be open to practicing and is as excited about this opportunity as I am.

Feel free to add me in-game at Myth555#1786 (NA and Asia) or on Discord at Myth555#1742 or Twitter at Myth555_HS. Happy to have a chat to see if we’re a good fit :)
I have no casting experience of any sort, but I have followed competitive Hearthstone since late 2015 and have competed on and off over the years. I do have acting experience and talking about Hearthstone is my absolute favorite thing to do, so becoming a caster would be the dream. I would probably be more comfortable in the analytical role but I am happy to try anything. Let me know if you would like to give this a shot with me! You can add me in-game as Lappyzard#1500 (NA, preferred), or on Discord as Lappyzard#6088 (less preferred).
Hi.

I'm Ville "Naggisampyla" Arminen, and i have some Hearthstone casting experience in my native language. I have a long history in Magic the Gathering, which gives me some analytical edges. Also, i'm really passionate about esports in general, and I feel really confident about my ability to cast and adding color and analysis to the cast. I feel like best partner for me would be someone with at least some competitive background in the game, my analysis is much more theory based and I've found out that having a player or someone with competitive background makes the cast much much better.

If you're interested, send me a friend invite in Battlenet (Naggisampyla#2813) or find on Twitter (@Naggisampyla).
Hi guys!

I'm MessyOD#2261 and have 3 years of casting experience in HS. I always work live and had a studio at home. I'm looking for a good partner were I have a click with. If you're interested pls contect me!

GG
Hey all!

My name is Dane, my Battle Tag and Twitter Handle AND most other gamer tags is Ragette (Pronounced Rage-ette, like suffragette) I've been playing since Un'Goro, and I've played other TCGs!
My favourite thing to do is theorise about what future cards would look like, and discussing development ideas and why things have been done the way they have.
I have no casting experience, but am always being told I will talk to anyone!
I'm based in UK, Taunton Somerset to be exact, and would happily work with anyone who is interested!
Feel free to drop me a message in anyway! :)
02/23/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Ragette
Hey all!

My name is Dane, my Battle Tag and Twitter Handle AND most other gamer tags is Ragette (Pronounced Rage-ette, like suffragette) I've been playing since Un'Goro, and I've played other TCGs!
My favourite thing to do is theorise about what future cards would look like, and discussing development ideas and why things have been done the way they have.
I have no casting experience, but am always being told I will talk to anyone!
I'm based in UK, Taunton Somerset to be exact, and would happily work with anyone who is interested!
Feel free to drop me a message in anyway! :)

I'd like to add that I'm passionate about building a solid esports community within the UK as I feel we are vastly under represented within the field!
Saparky6#1200

I have expierience in acting, public speaking, and improv. I’ve memorized pretty much every card in the game allowing me to make small talk of the players hands as needed. I’d love to get more involved in blizzard and this would be a great way to do it.

I live in California near Modesto. I’d be very happy to find a casting partner (:
Anyone knows if you have to be 18 to cast?
Hello there,

I've been playing Hearthstone for a long time now, since before Naxxramas was released, with a few breaks in between.
However I've been more dedicated to the game for some time now. I've won a couple of open cups when they were still around and just recently I qualified for Challenger Finals (fingers crossed I get top 8 there and qualify for playoffs).
I love this game and I'm passionate about it, I'm knowledgeable about it's history and intricacies and I believe I can add a decent commentary on it as I follow what's going on in the e-sport scene of Hearthstone daily.
As far as casting is concerned I don't have any casting experience, however I'm about to graduate as a journalist and I work in media which in my opinion allows me to look at some aspects of casting from a different approach and recognize different and in some cases better ways to approach it.

I would like only people that are serious about approaching this opportunity and who are as passionate about the game as well to contact me.

(edit: I left my original post but removed my battle tag as I believe I've found someone to do this with! I wish everyone the best of luck!)
Thank you!
Hey guys!! I'm a 22-year old guy with loads of experience, not in casting, but 6 years of talking on the phone 6 hours a day, selling stuff. So telemarketing. I'm looking for someone with a load of analytical knowledge, and would prefer a very relaxed person with me, since im sometimes very high energy. I dont know the HS meta that well, so i need your help with that. I've been playing for 3 years. I'd love to voicechat with you, if you are;

A cool and kind person
Lots of HS knowledge
Very motivated and passionate about the game
Preferably a high rank player, since im not

LETS TALK AND WIN THIS! :) Bittu #3871 in EU
02/25/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Bittu
Hey guys!! I'm a 22-year old guy with loads of experience, not in casting, but 6 years of talking on the phone 6 hours a day, selling stuff. So telemarketing. I'm looking for someone with a load of analytical knowledge, and would prefer a very relaxed person with me, since im sometimes very high energy. I dont know the HS meta that well, so i need your help with that. I've been playing for 3 years. I'd love to voicechat with you, if you are;

A cool and kind person
Lots of HS knowledge
Very motivate and passionate about the game
Preferably a high rank player, since im not

LETS TALK AND WIN THIS! :)
Hey guys, my name is dissq0 from England and I'm looking to submit an entry into the "So You Think You Can Cast" competition.

While I'm relatively new to Hearthstone, I do have a lot of past experience in commentating other games such as Counter Strike: Global Offensive where I have casted numerous events and matches in both analyst and play by play styles, and I also have experienced in F1 2017 casting where I currently cast the mouseOne Racing League. I also have experience writing articles in the Counter Strike world, where I have written articles for sites such as Esports News UK and GosuGamers, and in interviews where I have interviewed Counter Strike analysts and coaches Ynk and Ryu.

Since I'm a bit new to the game, I'm looking for an analyst style caster with lots of HS gamesense and knowledge. I'm also looking for someone who is very motivated and passionate about the game and casting from preferably the EU region, although I don't mind overall.

If you wish to contact me, please do it via:
Twitter: @dissq0
Battle.net: dissq0#2168
Discord: dissq0#9556 (add as a friend, will most likely see Discord messages sooner)

Thanks,
dissq0
My name is Emily! I’m currently interested in the So You Think You Can Cast competition because I am hugely passionate about Hearthstone and competitive gaming. Only thing I need now is a good partner who is equally passionate and interested in casting as I am! I’m in NA, residing in California and I currently run a Hearthstone Instagram page under @erolynonline. If you’re interested or would like to chat to see if we would make a good duocast, my battle tag is erolyn#1322.
Thank you!
Hello, hello! My name is Seven and I'm also looking for a second to cast with as my partner in crime was grabbed by Blizzard to do more work with TESPA / Esports.

I've been hosting and podcasting for a decade, so I'm able to multiple roles in a casting duo (host, color, analysis, strategy). I currently host an esports show for Turner Sports / ELEAGUE titled Nerf This.

I write (occasionally) for Vicious Syndicate, have been around since beta, play competitively when time permits (don't ask about my Geico run at PAX, just know RNG was not on my side), and have a pretty solid knowledge of cards, decks, teching, and ban strategies.

Hit me up if you're interested, would love to chat a bit and see if we can make a team of it.
Timezone: PST (Seattle, WA)
Twitter: @xseven
Discord: Seven#2970
Bnet: Seven#13344