Hearthstone Arena Pick Update

Arena Discussion
In Update 10.4, we rolled out some significant changes to the Arena. Now we’ve had a chance to see the effects they’re having and read your feedback.

We agree with the concern that many of you have expressed that there are slightly too many high powered cards appearing in Arena decks.

Based on that, we recently implemented two changes to Arena picks via hotfix:

• Legendary picks now appear less often.
• Below average picks will now appear more often.

We’re planning to keep a close eye on how these changes affect the Arena experience, so please let us know what you think.

Thanks for your continued feedback, and we’ll see you in the tavern!
Highly Rated
It's cool to see you react about this so fast, great job.
Excellent responsiveness. Thanks for being so quick with this!
Never seen the Hearthstone team respond to feedback this quickly. Amazing! Keep up the good work!
Can you define a "below average" pick?
03/16/2018 12:35 PMPosted by CzechCloud

probably something like Carrion Grub or Blackwater Pirate.
Great job! Keep it up Blizz!
thanks for the fast fix. GG
03/16/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Herodreamer

Carrior Grub IS NOT below average. A 2/5 beast for 3 mana for hunter is actually decent at worst for arena. Now I can agree with Blackwater Pirate though.
could you retire current decks so Kripp wont complain?
Everyone should get an Arena ticket.
03/16/2018 12:42 PMPosted by Herodreamer

I'm picturing someone dressed up as Blackwater Pirate showing up at your door and punching you in the face. Like that episode of Simpsons when he makes fun of the old time bikes and the guy kicks him in the face.
This barely lasted a week and needed to be changed?
Great to see you changed the ratings, having 6 legendaries in one deck was too crazy. Too bad tho that this "experiment" really hurts the competetive playerbase (although that group has never gotten much love), playing with a low power deck right now against older decks is far from enjoyable. Guess we have to wait a week or so for the insane decks to dwindle off..
Fast and transparent. The way it should always be. That's appreciated.
Damn I knew I should have drafted a deck before changes went into effect.
After adding new cards I played few arena runs and I think it did not change much. Cards are not bad, some are stronger than others, but I understand you're trying to balance all classes.

But the problem is still the same - a lot of RNG and expensive cards from mulligen (in general: bad starting hand). OK, RNG belongs to this game, but the current mulligen system is depressing (not only in the arena, but in constructed mode it is not such a big problem). I think if Blizzard change the mulligen system, so arena mode (and whole game) will be more attractive to everyone.

Btw. Today I got a "normal common" in arena reward. It is also depressing. :-)
Did you guys also tweaked the match making that old decks are more likely to run into old decks? Cuz it would be unfair for new decks otherwise.
Arena needed the change after I got offered 5 Gorehowls + I grabbed Ysera and Lich King. Rest of the deck were average and better cards, many of those were taunt. So I played the grand value game. It was good and funny run, but the deck was more like Constructed than Arena