Need a little help on what lifesteal is.

Play Mode Discussion
I am playing as taunt warrior vs King's Bane Rogue. His weapon is up to 9 damage with life-steal.

So he hits my poison taunt 1/2, but why does he heal for 9 health? Not saying King's Bane is OP. I'm trying to understand how this life-steal thing works. Thanks for the help.
life steal is exactly what it sounds like. the damage your spell, weapon, or minion with lifesteal deals is healed to your hero. he just happened to empower his weapon to 9 damage with poisons.
It heals equal to the damage dealt. If you watch the animation as the 1/2 dies, it goes down to -7 (or whatever, depending on damage dealt). Damage dealt is not limited by total health.
i know it doesn't make sense to heal for 9 ( doing 9 damage ) when your creature only has 2 HP .. but thats the way it it...
yeah, its not based on your creature, its based on their creature that has lifesteal on it.
I see. Thanks for reply guys.
It seems to be incorrectly named. LifeSTEAL implies that you heal for the amount of health that you are stealing from the enemy, but it's not that.
More like LifePad

Pad your life = to how much you have dealt.
02/16/2018 03:14 PMPosted by BattlePants
It seems to be incorrectly named. LifeSTEAL implies that you heal for the amount of health that you are stealing from the enemy, but it's not that.

yeah i brought that up in a topic a while back and got trolled for it...
02/16/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Ralron

yeah i brought that up in a topic a while back and got trolled for it...

Or, alternatively, you made a topic complaining about something being broken that wasn't, and decided that everyone disagreeing with and down voting you was trolling...
I think it would be more intuitive and also open up more strategies if lifesteal were changed to just heal whatever damage it does. If it deals 2 damage to a minion, it should only heal 2 health in my opinion.
It seems to be incorrectly named.
Just like poisonous should actually be venomous, but they chose what most people would understand intuitively.
02/17/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Gugulug5000
I think it would be more intuitive and also open up more strategies if lifesteal were changed to just heal whatever damage it does. If it deals 2 damage to a minion, it should only heal 2 health in my opinion.

But it doesn't deal only 2 damage to a 2 health minion, it deals however much damage it would deal to a minion with any other health. This is actually important because minions characters can gain health in the middle of event (think Finja before warleader nerf or Kingsbane rescuing you from less than zero). If minions and spells only dealt damage equal to the targeted character's health, then a player at 1 health could attack into a 12/12 minion with a 1/3 lifesteal Kingsbane and survive.