cant win with odd paladin

Play Mode Discussion
always lose. vs taunt quest odd warrior i have no chance. vs warlock i have no chance.vs priest i have no chance.so wtf? i thought this deck was good.opinions?
I got to rank 3 with 4 stars with it but then had to stop. Everyone is teching against this deck. It's probably better to switch over to spiteful druid or even paladin
04/20/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Schyla
I got to rank 3 with 4 stars with it but then had to stop. Everyone is teching against this deck. It's probably better to switch over to spiteful druid or even paladin
so i just wasted my dust?
04/20/2018 04:36 PMPosted by Schyla
do you think that in the future it will be playable again? please help im so mad that this deck is useless and i wasted all this dust for it.
It's not useless. It's still a deck you can use to get to legend. You also have to know how to use the deck.

There are also several version of it. The old version with raid leader and fire elementals I feel is no longer as strong as the one with the 2/1 freeze elemental with 2 corridor creepers.
I feel this version is stronger

### Odd Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Acherus Veteran
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Blessing of Might
# 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
# 2x (1) Dire Mole
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (3) Divine Favor
# 1x (3) Ironbeak Owl
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (3) Unidentified Maul
# 2x (5) Fungalmancer
# 2x (5) Level Up!
# 2x (7) Corridor Creeper
# 2x (7) Vinecleaver
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAECAZ8FAqICnvgCDkanBfUFl8ECm8ICg8cCuMcC48sClc4C+9MC0eECi+UC1uUCteYCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find the deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/PxKodLWCNdEpp8PsVHUwB/

The dire moles stay on board longer to help establish early presence and the glacial shards help to get a better trade or stop a threat from coming through your line
You didnt waste your dust but most people are building to counter this deck right now.

When the meta shifts to counter that counter aggro will probably be good again.

The meta is just a circle dude, goes round and round.
Odd Paladin is still a Legend viable deck. If you are losing a lot, there are only 2 reasons.

1.) You aren’t good with the deck. No shame in that, it sounds like you just crafted it recently, and it takes practice to get good with anything.

2.) You’re in a pocket meta that is countering the deck. Every deck has counters, and sometimes you hit a pocket on the ladder with an abnormally large % of those counters. If that’s the case, keep your head down for a few hours and try again later. Pocket metas tend to dissolve pretty quickly.
A common mistake I often see from paladins against me: They trade too often.
You are an aggro deck, go face.
04/20/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Elgareth
A common mistake I often see from paladins against me: They trade too often.
You are an aggro deck, go face.

Depends what you are facing.

Vs some decks, it's absolutely a must to trade so that you maintain board control.

You have to maintain board control or else you will quickly find yourself out of momentum.

You must always have your opponent against the ropes.

Other decks, you have to go face (like taunt warrior).

The key to the deck is knowing when to take out minions and when to go face. It's really not a hard deck to pilot at all to be honest.
I would say things for Baku Paladin are getting tougher and tougher with decks as Quest Warrior, Control Warrior, Taunt Druid and Control Mage being now played.

I honestly don't think Baku Paladin will ever be what it once was at the beginning of the expansion, it's easily countered by the decks mentioned before, and of course Warlock.
The key to the deck is knowing when to take out minions and when to go face. It's really not a hard deck to pilot at all to be honest.

I differ, knowing when to trade or face is actually a hard thing to do when you are starting the game, of course if you have experience it becomes quite logical but is never so easy, many times the question becomes: do I go face in fear I get cleared or do I keep control of the board so I can make a bigger play next turn?
Your soul shall be mine!
losing streaks happen before winning streaks..

but yea, it felt good to beat a control warrior -_-

I find any random mage to be a problem as well.
Everyone has learned how to play against it. Wipe the pally's board every turn at all cost, and if they don't have control by turn 4, it's probably over.

I'd say the best Pally aggro deck right now is just the standard type from before Witchwood. One mana divine shield minions followed up by Call to Arms is still a monster play.
I've done rather well against warrior (Baku being most common).

First, I run the sword which buffs summoned minions by 1/1. That's not typical, and matters.

Second, I run the pixie so I can get 2 more board floods late game.

Third, I choose the fattest and largest threat I can from stonehill. Tarim is...actually....not good because brawl answers him. Heck even a full warpath answers him.

Doesn't answer tirion, though.

I'll also try to hold back fungalmancer for Baku. Against an opponent that clears a mild board all day...giant single threats played to a small board are critical.

You want them to spend choice removal on those.

Then, late game where you might see a quest warrior hit sulfuras....go mega wide. Rely hard on hero powers to force board wipes without playing hand resource.

And treat raid leaders as removal in conjunction with said tokens.
Hey man dont get upset to much. All 3 of the decks you mentions are not in your favor. They are winnable games but the odds are stacked against you.

Odd paladin is very strong. However...

Quest warrior your probably gonna lose, accept it. 20% winrate
All warlocks - Probably gonna lose 30-40% winrate
You should win vs priest unless its control. Vs control 35% winrate

Stats taken from hsreplay. Thats for rank range between legend and 25. Changes slightly if you pick a specific rank.

Those 3 classes are counters to odd pala like a few ppl above have mentioned.

Your best chance to win in my experience, is prayed you get a bawlin hand and they dont(im kidding its a lot more than luck)... Just takes time to get the feel of the deck. Hope they dont have the answers and bait the board clears. after 2-3 clears go wipe and hope they cant clear you again.

Even paladin is a better choice i think. Iv played both. Odd got me to rank 3 and i HAD to switch to even in order break into legend. Just to many counters to odd. Atleast with even you can switch between aggro(not as strong as odd) and mid range in the same deck with the same cards. You also get your buffs to keep your minions out of aoe range
"guys i treid to craft aggro netdeck and cant figgure out how two play it how come this deck is bad?????"
04/20/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Mrmikerowe90
Even paladin is a better choice i think

you can always try murlocadin too

I went from 5 to 3 without losing any match and winning them all around t6 -run over spiteful priest and druid, baku hunter, odd paladin and even paladin, no warlocks yet (which is the deck nemesis) but for a "test" run, it was more than I've had expected
04/20/2018 08:31 PMPosted by FlatDude
"guys i treid to craft aggro netdeck and cant figgure out how two play it how come this deck is bad?????"

Don't be like that man. We have all been there. You save all the dust, and make that first big deck, the one you read will lead you from the lower ranks, you can finally be competitive and start earning more dust each season. It may not be the exact deck you want to play, and maybe you had to cut some corners, but you got it close enough.

So yeah, I get where he is coming from.

To op though, I can't offer much advice. When tanks get too problematic for me, I usually just swap to some sort of combo malygos deck. I hate taunt spam when I am playing anything tempo/aggro