Long turns with Shudderwock

Bug Report
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
The best way to fix this is make Shudderwock summon a(buffed) 2/3 Chaingang instead of itself. There will be no more infinity battlecries, Shaman still have a strong turn 9 with Shudderwock but not that unfair as it is right now. ( deal 6+ to opponent face, heal 6+, summon a bunch of 2/3 taunt and some other battlecries is good enough)
В ладере он часто встречается, и победить его не реально!!!!
@НерфДрыжеглота
HS has become garbage, Boring "meta" same thing over and over and over ....
So in response to my coming up against this strategy, I can definitely say there is something fundamentally wrong with the way this card functions with the rest of the game. And also in response to players who have reported that the problem here is the amount of time the animations run, I can also say that is not what breaks this card. That is absolutely an issue, but is just a side-effect of how Shudderwock creates a loop with copies of itself.

The amount of actions the player is able to take in a turn increases exponentially when Murmuring Elemental is played, with Shudderwock triggering every other battlecry, and also treating every other Shudderwock as a unique battlecry (triggering the effects again), and then doing the whole thing AGAIN because of Murmuring. And that's just after the first Murmuring elemental. Further Shudders all trigger Murmur's battlecry again, so every Shudder plays all the other Shudders...twice. Got another Murmuring? Then every battlecry plays one time for every Shudder that has been played, and because Murmur's battlecry will be activated at least twice by the most recent shudder, this will happen up to three times in a single turn.

I have never sat through the whole chain, I just quit out of boredom, but it's actually possible that Murmur's effect will trigger once for each Shudder that has been played, making all previous battlecries trigger twice for each previous Shudder, and at least twice for the most recent one very quickly spiraling into insane loops of solitaire. I can't imagine this was ever the dev's intent, more likely an oversight, in which case I'm glad Blizzard is paying attention to their paying players. But this is absolutely a game breaking combo, I would even go so far as to call it a griefer-specific build. I've never been desperate to win enough to use cheap moves like this or infinite-fireball Mage, but I don't trust most players to not exploit the game if the developers allow it.

There are always some adjustments to some cards needed after an expansion releases, this is one of those cards that needs to be re-thought, I'm not going to pretend I know the right way, but I'm sure this card can be made viable without being removed. I was pretty mad after like the third time I had my screen taken over for minutes at a time, I took some time to cool down and write this, now thinking about it had made me mad again. This is worse than any OTK deck yet.
Ok so if Shudderwock can be limited to the battlecries of *other* minions in the deck, the maximum amount of battlecries that can occur is 29*2 (due to murmuring elemental) = 58 battlecries.

With 3 seconds animation time each, that's 3 minutes max per Shudderwock played. While that is long, it's bearable.

To compare, Tess Graymane (Rogue, so thank god no combo with Shudder), can replay from 25 to 140 cards depending on how much value Lich King and Cauldrons can generate.

2 blink fox = 2 class cards
2 hallucination = 2 class cards
2 pick pocket = 10 class cards
1 arfus = 1 death knight card
1 lilian voss = 9 class cards (max 10 cards in hand)
1 lich king = 1 to 22 death knight cards (play turn 8, last till turn 30)
2 witch cauldron = 0 to 94 cards (max 24 other minions + 23 minions from class cards, then 1 cauldron dies)
Update on this issue here - https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20762238128#post-1

I am not locking this thread. If you would like to continue to discuss these changes, please do so on the Play Mode discussion forum as normally done with feedback.
It is sad to see Hearthstone slowly turning into a !@#$ty game. Cards like Shudderwock should not even have made it past the testing phase. Most boring deck to play against, literally no counter plays, they pull the card they win the match, no " card interaction", "strategy", hell you don't even seem to need a brain to play this game anymore.
I have shudderwock deck. I invested lots of money for this deck. Disenchanted lots of good cards.

But i agree with people who complain about shudderwock. Its bug. %100

However if it will be fixed with nerf, i want all my disenchanted cards and money back.

İts the fair way.
For starter you could change Shudderwock to Deathrattle so there is at least some chance to stop the madness. Maybe not a BUG by definition, but ruins the joy of play. I boycott playing against Shamans until this is solved.
where can I give (feedback) about your help?
04/13/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Grizzle
We are aware that certain combos with Shudderwock can lead to turns that go an extremely long amount of time. However, these long turns are not bugs, because the card is performing it's correct function. While we completely appreciate that people want to give their thoughts and feedback on this, please do not create new threads about it. This forum needs to be restricted to reports of actual bugs where the card is not working correctly.

I am going to leave this thread unlocked, so if you want to give feedback about Shudderwock that is NOT a bug, you can post it here. I will be locking any new threads that are feedback in the rest of this forum. For actual bugs where Shudderwock does something is isn't supposed to, feel free to create a new thread.

Thanks for assisting us in keeping this forum focused.

Shudderwock still takes way too long. There should be a hard cut off after 2 minutes. If the animation isn't done, just cut it off. It's op enough as is.
This is an old discussion but no one enjoys shudderwock. Most streamers won’t even touch it because their viewers hate it so much and it’s boring.
This is a major problem.
The Grumble shidderwock combo is destroying the fun of the game.
It should have been a decent card. Not a match ending card that is not fun for anyone.
You may be right, or maybe not. But that is not a discussion for the Bug Report forum. Please take this to a more appropriate location (e.g. the Play Mode Discussion forum)
Hi, I just want to say that I hate that card too. One more frustrated player to the list!
04/13/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Grizzle
We are aware that certain combos with Shudderwock can lead to turns that go an extremely long amount of time. However, these long turns are not bugs, because the card is performing it's correct function. While we completely appreciate that people want to give their thoughts and feedback on this, please do not create new threads about it. This forum needs to be restricted to reports of actual bugs where the card is not working correctly.

I am going to leave this thread unlocked, so if you want to give feedback about Shudderwock that is NOT a bug, you can post it here. I will be locking any new threads that are feedback in the rest of this forum. For actual bugs where Shudderwock does something is isn't supposed to, feel free to create a new thread.

Thanks for assisting us in keeping this forum focused.

Why is this deck even allowed? It's ruining the game.
04/18/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Uninvited
Your response here was extremely disheartening. I guess I was ok with it thinking you didn’t test it throughly. Instead, you were 100% aware of the interaction and let it go live anyway; that is entirely unacceptaple. Apparently you are ok with a card violating your rules and degrading user experience. You know, the negative feedback is not a good thing.

Until you decide that this is bad for your game I will not spend another dime. I was entirely on the cusp due to you inaction towards Cubelock, but decided to preorder anyway. If I decide to play I will treat the card as if its title says “I Win” and concede the moment it’s played. I hate playing when I feel like I’m only there to observe my opponent and not play. This card is epitome of that. I could be watching videos to get that feeling.

P.S. The way the effect overlaps turns and creates a buggy experience on mobile devices make you all look like amateurs.

100% Agree. Thank you!
I just made a new deck. It was a pretty clever deck also. Good balance of spells and minions and taunt. I was playing against a shaman and we were battling back and forth. I was keeping a slight upper hand with board clearing and high damage with two 8/8 minions. All my work had paid off as I had taken him down from his two "+12 rainshower" heals all dealt to his hero. He was able to take one of my 8/8s out and in 2 turns i could've finished the game with the remaining 8/8. Then he pulls out this shudderwock card and it just keeps recalling itself over and over and over again and sometimes recalls the deal 3 damage lifesteal battlecry. In an infinite loop it eventually brings me down to 4, then 1, then -2 health and the shaman wins..... I know the CEO likes to play Shaman but what the crap?!? It's like PvP in WoW all over again back in the day. Shaman vs. Druid, shammy will ususally come out on top. Druid win was rare. They will fix it. We just need to wait til' Michael Morhaime plays against a shaman player and that player "shudderwocks" him and then he will tell the Blizzard Developers that it's not fair and to nerf/fix the card so the game is fun again.

Or you can just take the word of all your players posting about it that:

Shudderwock is too overpowered, provides imbalanced game play and is unfair. No bueno... no fun.

Like me and many many others are asking:

Please change this card to a fair and balanced ability.

An excellent idea would be to change it to be able to replay 1 of each battle cry, exempting its own. That way there would be no infinite loop and the complaints would lessen. Here's an example of what it could read:

SHUDDERWOCK:
Battlecry: Repeat 1 of each Battlecry you played this game (exempting Shudderwock).

Another option, is you could hire me and I will help you code and develop Hearthstone to be fun and have fair game play. I've been playing it long enough, I might as well get paid *nudge nudge, wink wink* ; )

Thanks ahead of time for reading.
Balance complaints, card change suggestions, and job applications are not bug reports.
This forum is for reporting bugs. Unless you have an actual bug to report, your post is off topic here. And it will most likely not be read by the people you hope to reach.
I've had games where the rope has burned out and the opponent is still able to play additional shudderwocks. A bug for sure.
10/08/2018 11:36 PMPosted by Mist
I've had games where the rope has burned out and the opponent is still able to play additional shudderwocks. A bug for sure.

Nope. They play the additional Shudderwock before the turn ends (which shows on your side as a red arrow being dragged from either their hand or a corner of the screen onto the battlefield). The animation of it being played is then queued and will play after prior animations have finished. If that prior animation is long enough, then this Shudderwock summon animation may indeed be delayed so much that it appears to be played after the rope.