Getting destroyed in rank 24

New Player Tavern
Hi guys,
I've recently started playing hearthstone and I spend most of the time playing ranked(im rank 24).

Only problem is, I almost never win. My win rate is like 5%, and It seems like the players im playing against are pros with insane decks. To get better, I have been watching some streamers and reading a few guides here and there, but I loose nevertheless.

What did you guys do to get better at this game? Should I just keep on playing ranked until I eventually improve?
04/16/2018 10:10 PMPosted by JoeTheHoe
get better at this game?
You know, if you just slam 50 bucks to buy a cubelock deck you didnt have to lose most of your games.
Do the single-player quests first and beat expert innkeeper at practice to get a feel for in-game interactions. Also, play casual before ranked.
Hi Joe
I understand your frustration as a new player: there are so many things you need to catch up on: you don't have many cards, and people have many cards that increase the power level of their deck.

How I learnt was going through each game, if I lost to some card I would note it for next time, so that the next time I faced the same deck I would know what my opponent could play.

Duskbreaker for Priest, is still one of the most tilting cards since its release in Kobolds and Catacombs. Sometimes you can't do anything about it, sometimes you can minimise the impact and that can make or break games. I would stress, board control is pretty important. Most times, new players tend to use spells like Fireball on the opponent's face, only for the opponent to play a minion next turn and have no answer.
Make sure you purchase with gold 10 packs from each standard set (Ungoro, Frozen Throne, Kobolds, and WW) for a guaranteed legendary. Play the Frozen Throne prologue in adventures for a guaranteed Death Knight. If you get a good one, build a deck around it that can win to at least rank 20. You can also post your deck list or owned cards here and get suggestions on what cards to craft next.
Get the software called Hearthstone Deck Tracker, it allows you to view relatively detailed Win/Loss ratios so you get a more realistic idea of how you are doing (5% winrate seems like an exaggeration) and more importantly, you'll get access to replays of your games, so you can view them back and see what each player did at each point in the game, including the cards they had in their hand, you'll learn more specifically about what you could have done in YOUR games which is more useful than watching streamers IMO.
it is TOTALLY annoing the crap outer me ever person at rank 24 has a deck full of legend cards some ive never heard of
my last guy popped out 7 fire balls as a guldan all costing 1 all doing 6 points of damage, the time before it was legend card after legend card after legend i was struggling to stay alive let alone enjoy a game
so far my gf 37 losses to 1 win at rank 24
there has to be a limit to legends in a deck right???
for us poor folk that just cannot pay to win
You are paired up against players in ladder by the rank. In casual you are paired by your MMR rating. So on ladder you could be playing someone with a much higher MMR.

Stick to casual for now

Checkout the beginner guide at hearthstone top decks. Yes there are players with broken cards, but more likely you are making basic play mistakes. Bad players with good cards are still bad players, and I like to beat them with budget decks.

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/hearthstone-beginners-guide-2017-guides-tips-tricks-new-players/

Watch streamers that explain their plays, like firebat or kibler, on twitch or youtube. A lot of streamers don't talk about what they are thinking and the plays they make.

Get the Hearthstone deck tracker and upload your collection. It has a bunch of handy features that track stuff. You can search for decks you can build, then check what you could build if you spent more dust. Really handy for seeing how far away you are from a competitive deck if you were to commit some dust.
04/16/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Yusufarzz
get better at this game?
You know, if you just slam 50 bucks to buy a cubelock deck you didnt have to lose most of your games.

What if I have 3000 gold? How should I spend it to progress into cube lock deck? Kobold packs?
Cubelock is like 11000 dust, where as aggro dude paladin is like 4000

also read this post.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/5494-five-wallet-friendly-witchwood-decks-for-the
04/17/2018 04:45 AMPosted by BigRuski
Cubelock is like 11000 dust, where as aggro dude paladin is like 4000

also read this post.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/5494-five-wallet-friendly-witchwood-decks-for-the

I've been watching streams for a couple of days on how odd-paladin plays. Most of the games it lost (regardless of what hsreplay.net says) and secondly, I just don't like the playstyle. Makes you feel you just lost the game on turn 6 for example and on turn 7 you feel back again... Much rather prefer deck with beefy minions and board control spells.
are you watching the streams linked to hsreplay? very rare you will get a good player actually streaming there.

Everyone has their own playstyle favourite. this game is more about adapting to what you see people play at that moment (may be more so for much higher ranks).
04/17/2018 05:37 AMPosted by BigRuski
are you watching the streams linked to hsreplay? very rare you will get a good player actually streaming there.

Everyone has their own playstyle favourite. this game is more about adapting to what you see people play at that moment (may be more so for much higher ranks).

If everyone is playing aggro paladins then maybe it's better not to play one myself. So I'll ask again. Where should I spend my gold if I want to build cube lock?
If i was to build any deck, i would;

* Assess my own deck to see what i am missing
* Sort all of the cards to their respective expansion/adventure (on a notepad)
* Assess my missing cards to see which expansion i am missing most.

Proceed from that point forward to buy the packs i need.

### Cube Godfrey
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Raven
#
# 2x (1) Dark Pact
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 2x (3) Voodoo Doll
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 2x (4) Lesser Amethyst Spellstone
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 2x (5) Carnivorous Cube
# 2x (5) Doomguard
# 2x (5) Possessed Lackey
# 1x (5) Skull of the Man'ari
# 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
# 2x (9) Voidlord
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAcn1AgTJwgKX0wLb6QKc+AINigH3BLYHxAibwgLnywLy0AL40AKI0gKL4QL85QLo5wK38QIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
Only problem is, I almost never win. My win rate is like 5%, and It seems like the players im playing against are pros with insane decks.

You are also starting the game near the release of an expansion at the start of a new Standard year.

There are people, who have been away from the game for a while, so their ranks are low, and they have more cards and experience than you do.

Don't get down on yourself and try building some of the cheaper, but potent decks to help lift you out of the 20's.