Guaranteed Legendary

Community Discussion
I’ve seen somewhere a post referring to something Ben Brode said regarding guaranteed legendary card, and I don’t want to create a duplicate post, but I can’t find the original one nor the answer to my question. So, the question is - when we’re buying card packs, are we guaranteed to get a legendary card from the very first 10 packs? I believe that is the case with K&C because I did get a legendary. However, I’m wondering - what about previous expansions? If I buy 10 Knights of the Frozen Throne or 10 Journey to Un’Goro packs am I guranteed to get at least one legendary card?
Update: I’ve opened several packs on my F2P account and I’ve got Edwin VanCleef, Al’Akir and Anomalus from the Classic and the Old Gods packs.
since im a new player im gona do the same for old gods and gadzestan til its not too late. sadly i didnt know about this option when i bought my first bundle so i was opening packs randomly...
I believe you are guaranteed a Legendary in the first 10 packs you open in a new set. It is sticking in my mind that it is only for the sets from Un'Goro forward, but can't find anything to back that up.
04/03/2018 05:41 AMPosted by sharla
since im a new player im gona do the same for old gods and gadzestan til its not too late. sadly i didnt know about this option when i bought my first bundle so i was opening packs randomly...

Dont buy those packs. They will be off for Standart. U should buy Un`Goro, Frozen Knights, K&C, or the new expansion....
04/03/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Kyleabos
I believe you are guaranteed a Legendary in the first 10 packs you open in a new set. It is sticking in my mind that it is only for the sets from Un'Goro forward, but can't find anything to back that up.

Un'Goro was around the time they changed it to be the guaranteed Legendary in first 10 packs thing. However, they made that rule apply to previous sets as well :-)
To be clear the guaranteed legendary is for the FIRST 10 packs of any set..... so if you previously opened packs from an expansion then it no longer applies to that set and it's on the regular (unconfirmed but real) 40 pack pity timer.
04/03/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Kyleabos
I believe you are guaranteed a Legendary in the first 10 packs you open in a new set.

04/03/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Zaphod
Un'Goro was around the time they changed it to be the guaranteed Legendary in first 10 packs thing. However, they made that rule apply to previous sets as well :-)

Thanks for the answers and help!

You can find the full announced details here: https://playhearthstone.com/en-gb/blog/20852959

Along with getting a legendary in your first 10 packs, there was also the change where you will no longer get a duplicate legendary from a set until you own all of them.

04/03/2018 07:41 AMPosted by Mao
They will be off for Standart. U should buy Un`Goro, Frozen Knights, K&C, or the new expansion....

Good call out Mao. :)

I wouldn't say "don't buy" older sets. Just be aware of upcoming set rotations and changes so you are purchasing the packs that best fit your needs!
heloo i open 30 plus pack 0 legendary explan this why
02/06/2019 05:49 AMPosted by LifeStone
heloo i open 30 plus pack 0 legendary explan this why

This means that you have already gotten your one guaranteed legendary for that particular expansion of packs. It is not a promise to get 1 legendary EVERY 10 packs, just in your first ten for that expansion. Anything after that first legendary is luck, just like rolling a dice, flipping a coin, scratching a lottery ticket, etc. Best of luck on your future packs!