Am I crazy?

Play Mode Discussion
I see a bunch of people complaining about oppressive decks, they would like to nerf everything, Cubelock, Taunt Druid, Shudderwock, you name it...

Maybe Im crazy but I dont actually think any of these decks need a nerf. Am I alone on this one?

Cubelock: it was pretty powerful before the rotation because of Nzoth, with this card gone now other control decks can fight it. Of course the deck is still very powerful against aggro or midrange decks. But hey, Freeze Mage has been historically GG vs any control deck other than Control Warrior.

Shudderwock: really guys? The deck is trash, it's way worse than Quest Mage was.

Taunt Druid: the new offender, deck might be good but I think people is freaking out too fast as usual. I've played against a couple of these using Control Mage and I didnt lose one single game and I didnt even have Geist, which can really ruin their plans to play around silence (thanks to Cubelock everybody is forced to run silence).

Im sure decks like Cubelock, Quest Rogue and even Spiteful Decks can fight Taunt Druid as well. And probably Quest Druid too.

So, what do you guys think of all this?
Yes, people is freaking out.
Cube lock needs a huge nerf.
You're not crazy. The vast majority of players are having fun and therefore you don't hear from them. However, these forums attract the vocal minority that is not content and has a need to be heard.
If people didn't complain then Raza Priest, Patron warrior, Innervate, etc etc, would have never been nerfed, I dont like people who complain about everything but if no one complained about something unbalanced the meta would be awful.
People get jaded by a deck from losing to it and cry out for nerfs rather then make something to stop it. If you nerf every deck/card people are asking for we wouldn't have a game. Just get over it and play the game. If you hate the meta or the cards quit playing you wont be missed.
I'm sure some of it is that people are just sick of playing cubelocks and aggro oriented pallies, regardless of how those decks actually perform. We just finished a meta dominated by those decks. Wanting something new with the rotation, not same-old-same-old.
Decks dont need nerfs Cards need to be nerfed. With so many cards which create/summon/recruit cards ie firefly, chaingan, spiteful summoner, call to arms, carnivorous cube, etc etc. Its hard to do anything about these cards unless your decks are just infinite removal, silences, and healing effects.
I agree with OP despite the downvotes. People would rather complain and circle jerk each other rather than spend 5 min to see all the decks that can beat cube or Paladin.
04/20/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Bojangles
Decks dont need nerfs Cards need to be nerfed. With so many cards which create/summon/recruit cards ie firefly, chaingan, spiteful summoner, call to arms, carnivorous cube, etc etc. Its hard to do anything about these cards unless your decks are just infinite removal, silences, and healing effects.

So you just want no text minions so you can just smash face or smash into other minions. Sounds like a really fun game! Simple and basic.... I think that's what all the cry babies need.
You get me upvote op. I am enjoying the meta. I have been stuck at 3 for the last couple days and have seen an endless variety. I never really know what to expect when I que.
Honestly it's more to do with how consistent and powerful these decks are on the opposite side of the spectrum. Sure you can beat any single one, but against all three and still remain competitive vs other classes is nigh impossible.

Cards that are current offenders are dark pact/doomguard, call to arms/divine favor/odd legend, branching paths/spiteful summoner. Warlock as a whole is suppose to sacrifice health in order to have powerful effects, but as it stands it has soooo many cards that cheat that it ends up just doing powerful effects with no tradeoff. Paladin is just oppressive no matter which form it takes. Druid is honestly fine by me, it just has too many tools to gain armor/health right now that it autowins vs aggro.

Shudderwick is autolose to aggro, autowin to control xD If someone want's to play 33/66 right now be my guest, the combo was just annoying; no one should be stuck in a game for five hours lol.

I think everyone is just tired of warlock pally, they've had the best decks for a long time now, and I'm tired of queuing into them 90 percent of the time.
Try playing with some underdog deck like miracle rogue... You will quickly understand why warlock is op... esp after he effortlessly drops big threats like mountain giants on turn 4, cheats out minions with skull of manari and lackey (doomguard with no discard, voidlord that costs 9 mana), copies these with faceless manipulator or cube, clears even strongest board with hellfire/defile/lord godfrey, has godlike draw and healing, godlike removal (7 damage spellstones/soul siphon/spellbreaker), ridiculous burst too with doomguard cube sacrafice (15 damage out of !@#) or with ressurected doomguards. It's like warlock's powerlevel is through the roof... I feel so powerless against them with my decks... I used to play with big spells/burn/control mage but they rotated half of my cards and tbh It was unfavorable matchup even then.

Tbh I hate mechanics like the new druid... I mean the inevitable ultra value swings/unbeatable since midgame... It was the same with old control warlock and Big priest that used Gul'dan and N'zoth and Barnes, Obsidian Statue + rez (spellstones etc)... They would just resurrect their board over and over with single cards... The new diamond druid works just like that with witching hour, cubes and Hadronox...
Im ok if they nerf Cubelock, I understand people is tired of this deck and being forced to run silence, but if they nerf Cubelock then I expect Taunt Druid to get nerfed as well.
Carnivorous Cube needs to be changed period.
04/20/2018 12:51 PMPosted by asdfasdf
Try playing with some underdog deck like miracle rogue... You will quickly understand why warlock is op... esp after he effortlessly drops big threats like mountain giants on turn 4, cheats out minions with skull of manari and lackey (doomguard with no discard, voidlord that costs 9 mana), copies these with faceless manipulator or cube, clears even strongest board with hellfire/defile/lord godfrey, has godlike draw and healing, godlike removal (7 damage spellstones/soul siphon/spellbreaker), ridiculous burst too with doomguard cube sacrafice (15 damage out of !@#) or with ressurected doomguards. It's like warlock's powerlevel is through the roof... I feel so powerless against them with my decks... I used to play with big spells/burn/control mage but they rotated half of my cards and tbh It was unfavorable matchup even then.

Tbh I hate mechanics like the new druid... I mean the inevitable ultra value swings/unbeatable since midgame... It was the same with old control warlock and Big priest that used Gul'dan and N'zoth and Barnes, Obsidian Statue + rez (spellstones etc)... They would just resurrect their board over and over with single cards... The new diamond druid works just like that with witching hour, cubes and Hadronox...

FWIW Miracle Rogue is about even vs lock! Don’t believe me? Check out the matchup win percentage.
People need to understand once you nerf one things something else will take its place. Nothing is ever going to be perfectly balanced. So put away the pitch forks and touches and let it take its path. If you cut off the serpents head another will grow in its place. Then you will be crying for new nerfs. Some decks will always be better then others and the ones that win will get played the most. People like to win.....just get over it and stop asking to nerf everything.
You're not crazy! I think the game is great right now. I think that the people who are the most vocal complainers are people who are wed to just one class and they have a fit if their class isn't strong in any given meta. Then they start crying for a nerf to every archetype that counters their particular deck(s) and class.

It's the classic "glass half empty or glass half full" situation. So, certain classes are suddenly stronger than others. People who don't play those classes start crying that they are over powered. They are seeing the glass as half empty. On the other hand, versatile players who enjoy playing all classes see the glass as half full and use it as an opportunity to enjoy playing the stronger classes for awhile.

I have become a better and more flexible player by being willing to play all classes. A benefit of this is that I can just "roll with the punches" when the meta changes. And no, that doesn't mean that I just play the most powerful meta decks. Sometimes new cards are introduced that are simply fun meme cards and I will play the deck just to enjoy my 1 win out of 10 games for playing a silly meme deck. I play what is strong OR I play what is fun OR I just play a deck that I simply want to learn. Flexibility is key. The more flexible players don't whine so much because they are busy playing with their new toys in this new expansion!
Really it's just Shudderwock that needs to change.

It brings back too many bad memories of Magic players pulling "infinite combos" which, while clever, are just not fun and game breaking.

Hearthstone is better than that.
Change the Warlock weapon to still cause the discard and battlecry from demons they pull. You cheat out the mana but not the drawback effects. (Same with lackey)

Make Dark Pact Demon only or remove the health gain all togheter.

Spiteful Summoner should not work with spells above 5 mana cost (or something like that) if a higher mana cost is drawn then it defaults to a 5mana minion.

Odd and Even decks should not have their upgraded heropowers before turn 7.