Poly and Hex

Play Mode Discussion
Can the chicken and frog from these spells please not have the beast tag? It is completely ruining my witching hour Hadronox deck. The combo is hard enough to pull off without also worrying about transforms polluting my rez pool
With that giant freaking bear, I think that's the point.
Doing this directly nerfs Hunter, and Poly and Hex are classic cards. Hardronox is garbage no matter what and will rotate eventually as will witching hour.

So no.
04/14/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Wardrum

Giant bear? The idea is that Hadronox is the only beast
04/14/2018 01:37 PMPosted by SquidLips
04/14/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Wardrum

Giant bear? The idea is that Hadronox is the only beast
Ah, never mind then.

I've faced several Taunt Druids that used Witchwood Grizzly then rezzed it with Hadronox and Witching Hour for full stats.
04/14/2018 12:34 PMPosted by SquidLips
Can the chicken and frog from these spells please not have the beast tag? It is completely ruining my witching hour Hadronox deck. The combo is hard enough to pull off without also worrying about transforms polluting my rez pool

If this ever happens again, I am totally going to dire frenzy it and see if I can't pull one and use it for lethal just for kicks.

I bet that has to burn mage/shaman soul a like!

Or maybe dire frenzy snowflipper or angry chicken just for the luls.

Thanks for the inspiration! Have an upvote. Also, shamans Hex gives me a taunt! Hhhmmm...
Please nerf scissors. Rock is okay, though.

-Paper
04/14/2018 02:27 PMPosted by Swift
Please nerf scissors. Rock is okay, though.

-Paper

That isn't even close to this argument. Transform is already difficult enough to deal with. I honestly hate how carelessly tribe tags are thrown around sometimes. It is probably there just for a little flavor, but it completely destroys any chance witching hour had to be good!

Oh, mage or shaman used their removal literally at any point in the game? Combo is completely destroyed and witching hour is utterly useless. You should at least have to tech in a counter that hard
04/14/2018 02:50 PMPosted by SquidLips
That isn't even close to this argument. Transform is already difficult enough to deal with. I honestly hate how carelessly tribe tags are thrown around sometimes.

Those tags have been on there for a VERY long time, it's only just now become a problem because it hurts something NEW you are trying to do. I think while it's not a direct contradiction to you, his observation that this argument is purely self-serving is spot on.
Hex gives you another taunt to rez with hadronox ;). Sure poly and hex can disrupt witching hour. Those are only 2 of 9 classes though. Plus if pulling off a good witching hour is the only way you can win... I think you need to adjust your deck so you have some alternative win-cons for when things go horribly wrong.
04/14/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Amideus
04/14/2018 02:50 PMPosted by SquidLips
That isn't even close to this argument. Transform is already difficult enough to deal with. I honestly hate how carelessly tribe tags are thrown around sometimes.

Those tags have been on there for a VERY long time, it's only just now become a problem because it hurts something NEW you are trying to do. I think while it's not a direct contradiction to you, his observation that this argument is purely self-serving is spot on.

Yes, these tags were around from a time when tags really didn't matter. They have become more and more relevant as the beast tag has continued to get more interaction and support. Now that the beast tag can literally make or break a deck, it should be re-evaluated
04/14/2018 03:12 PMPosted by SquidLips
04/14/2018 02:53 PMPosted by Amideus

Yes, these tags were around from a time when tags really didn't matter. They have become more and more relevant as the beast tag has continued to get more interaction and support. Now that the beast tag can literally make or break a deck, it should be re-evaluated

Tribes also limit a lot of deck synergy. Imagine if you will, dragons were considered beasts.

Now imagine a deck in which the only beast in the deck is, I don't know...Ysera?

Could you imagine the hypo agressiveness of dragon/beast synergy? Duskbreakers on top of consistent board domination paired with 2 damage to the face every single turn. Tidy it up with DK Rexxar, Kill Command, plus spells. God forbid they should Houndmaster Ysera!

Without a silence minion/spell you are effed. I mean...tribes exist for a reason...
04/14/2018 03:24 PMPosted by Gwyneth
Tribes also limit a lot of deck synergy. Imagine if you will, dragons were considered beasts.

I'm not saying abolish tribes, I'm saying take the tags off the transform frog and chicken. Of the reasons for a deck not working, tribe tags on transformed minions is a pretty lame one.
I understand OP’s concern but realistically I don’t see the request ever being fulfilled.

If I could pick, I would like Bliz to change the Hex frog’s tag into totem. Oh well, I can only dream.
04/14/2018 04:00 PMPosted by SquidLips
I'm not saying abolish tribes, I'm saying take the tags off the transform frog and chicken. Of the reasons for a deck not working, tribe tags on transformed minions is a pretty lame one.

But you only care about it NOW because it causes issues with a specific deck you are playing. You believe that your deck shouldn't be countered as hard by these tribes only because it affects you negatively. There is no real reason for the change.
04/14/2018 06:22 PMPosted by Amideus
04/14/2018 04:00 PMPosted by SquidLips

But you only care about it NOW because it causes issues with a specific deck you are playing. You believe that your deck shouldn't be countered as hard by these tribes only because it affects you negatively. There is no real reason for the change.

I've cared about it the whole time, I'm only acting on it now because it wasn't screwing up deck building so badly before. Again, this isn't about a hard counter. No one is going to run these cards as a tech choice against specifically witching hour. These cards are being commonly run in just about every deck...
04/14/2018 06:36 PMPosted by SquidLips
I've cared about it the whole time

I call complete BS on that statement. I doubt you even NOTICED the tags until you tried playing witching hour.

04/14/2018 06:36 PMPosted by SquidLips
I'm only acting on it now because it wasn't screwing up deck building so badly before.

Which is what I said. You literally just admitted that this is a self-serving post.