Hit Legend rank become to easy

Play Mode Discussion
I'm Heartstone player from 2015. I hit legend rank many time, but last few months after they add rank steps 20,15,10,5 and now when you start at rank 4 if you hit legend it is to easy. When I hit legend in 2015 first time it was so special to me because it was very hard, I was having falls from rank 3 to 6. Now almost everybody can hit legend and it is not anymore elite rank or feels special.
Then prove how elite and special you really are and maintain top 100 legend.
Now almost everybody can hit legend and it is not anymore elite rank or feels special.

Legend is less than 1% of the player base.
That not elite enough for you? :(

You can try getting Legend #1 if being truly elite is important to you.
Silly post.
If you can make it to rank 4, you can make it to legend. The only thing you need is time.

Legend isn't some elite status where players who are the top of the top play. It's simply those who have basic knowledge of meta decks and have time to commit to grind it out.

You can watch elite streamers make mistakes all the time. All the time. So it's not like they are some sub-human elite player.

You just need time. Your argument is basically that it takes less time.

Not everyone has the time to grind out a few hundred games to get there.
Legend never was a lot more than a somewhat hard achievement, legend top 100 is what shows you are a really good player. There is a reason the legend rank has a ranking of it's own.
well if you were legend yes its easier
but if you were rank 15 no its not since even rank 20 require 5 star now
Just less grinding.
04/07/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Schyla
If you can make it to rank 4, you can make it to legend. The only thing you need is time.

Legend isn't some elite status where players who are the top of the top play. It's simply those who have basic knowledge of meta decks and have time to commit to grind it out.

You can watch elite streamers make mistakes all the time. All the time. So it's not like they are some sub-human elite player.

You really cant. You have to be better than a rank 4 player to hit legend. Sorry, but it is a fact. Im tired of seeing people say this. It is not a big deal, but it is a fact.
You still need the same positive win rate against the same exact players to climb from 5 to legend. Now you just get to skip the week of legend players smashing rank 15s. Everyone in this new system is a winner except those who loved wasting time smashing beginners as part of their legend climb.
04/07/2018 10:43 PMPosted by CallmeCrazy
04/07/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Schyla

You really cant. You have to be better than a rank 4 player to hit legend. Sorry, but it is a fact. Im tired of seeing people say this. It is not a big deal, but it is a fact.

Yes you can. If you can gain 5 stars with a deck then the deck has a good chance of having above a 50% win rate which is all you need in order to go up another 20 stars.

It's just a matter of time playing out the deck until it gets to 25 more games won than lost.

The skill level from 5 to legend isn't that different from rank to rank. That's from my experience.

If you feel that rank 1's and 2's are somewhat more highly skilled than rank 4's then you are sorely mistaken.
04/07/2018 11:19 PMPosted by Schyla

Yes you can. If you can gain 5 stars with a deck then the deck has a good chance of having above a 50% win rate which is all you need in order to go up another 20 stars.

It's just a matter of time playing out the deck until it gets to 25 more games won than lost.

The skill level from 5 to legend isn't that different from rank to rank. That's from my experience.

If you feel that rank 1's and 2's are somewhat more highly skilled than rank 4's then you are sorely mistaken.

Pretty sure im not the only guy that ever got stuck at rank 3. Rank 4 players are not legend players, and that's it. Sorry. Sometimes you just arent quite good enough. Rank 4 does not guarantee legend. Simple fact.
04/07/2018 11:22 PMPosted by CallmeCrazy
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Pretty sure im not the only guy that ever got stuck at rank 3. Rank 4 players are not legend players, and that's it. Sorry. Sometimes you just arent quite good enough. Rank 4 does not guarantee legend. Simple fact.

Just means you weren't putting in enough time to get there. For some people it's under a hundred games, for others it might be 300.

The stats don't lie. If a deck has a 54% win ratio, you just need time.

And if it truly is a solid 54% win ratio deck, it will take you about 800ish games
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Just means you weren't putting in enough time to get there. For some people it's under a hundred games, for others it might be 300.

The stats don't lie. If a deck has a 54% win ratio, you just need time.

Or maybe you got lucky and won 5 games and hit rank 4 with a subpar win %. This is obviously a stupid debate, and i wont have it. Plenty of people at rank 4 wont hit legend for reasons other than time.

If "time" makes progressing from 5 to legend impossible, then u simply arent good enough.

Goodnight im super drunk ;D
I think because of the fact that all the ranks before Legend are numbered descending to 1, there is a tendency among players to view the Legend rank as the apex of achievement in Hearthstone.

It seems to me that it is more like Legend is like a milestone. You reached Legend? Congratulations, you've now unlocked a new standard by which to measure your growth as a player, which is the Legend ranks themselves.

Part of the reason I say this is I think the disparity between the skills of a low Legend player and top 100 may be as wide a gulf as between a Rank 15 player and Legend. Now that reaching Legend is less of a grind, that just means that can become more clear to players and help them measurably try to improve their skills.
Ha ha ha, Did you really just make the same thread on EU and NA? So you hit legend, and what?! Do you want medal for it? Or do you just seek attention from strangers on internet?

But if achieving rank 4 was already on the back of a lucky streak, then no, you probably won't ever statistically hit a lucky streak from rank 5 to legend in your life time. Being close doesn't count. If you can't get it, then you never got it and you aren't a legend player. When you learn to get over your own ego and accept that you actually still have room to improve, then you might one day actually improve and truly hit legend.
04/08/2018 02:17 AMPosted by NiXDart

But if achieving rank 4 was already on the back of a lucky streak, then no, you probably won't ever statistically hit a lucky streak from rank 5 to legend in your life time. Being close doesn't count. If you can't get it, then you never got it and you aren't a legend player. When you learn to get over your own ego and accept that you actually still have room to improve, then you might one day actually improve and truly hit legend.

Hitting Legend does require more skill than hitting rank 5, but only marginally. As a low-level legend player myself, I can attest to the fact that the skill level is not very different between rank 5 and legend (if there is a difference at all.)

That said, not everyone who gets to rank 5 will get to Legend. Sometimes they got lucky getting to 5, sometimes they cannot maintain a 50%+ win-rate. But ultimately, time and dedication is the biggest factor for a vast majority of rank 5 players.
OP, by hard and elite you mean copying netdecks since 2015/having too much time on your hand, right? :-P
Different gameplay styles appeal to different players, some people have climbing to the highest rank they can get a achievement, other people like to buy out the full collection to craft meme decks, or to focus on one top deck out and all are valid playstyles, different people have different wants and that encourages a healthy split for competitive, and i think focusing on different areas tend to build up different skills.

Grabbing a decklist and learning how to play it to high ranks make you focus on playing it optimally for ladder, trying to max out your average winrate with the best cards for the set. Some people can enjoy it, i hear R1 before legend can get pretty cutthroat too and your'e right once you past out you end up going from players out trying to climb to r5 vs r1 to just the ones that run the most well tuned decks i don't doubt it up there.

I don't doubt it that at the high ranks legend play is all optimization and that in decks with a high skillcap, that always have a way to learn and adapt to every single small detail it can be amazing to watch out a high stakes tournament with hard choices. I hear out that Inner fire combo priest is pretty skill testing at the higher ranks, but it all really depends. Some people want just the best tools, say fastest climb with the best deck, others tell streamers they want to see them climb to legend with say, a warrior in KOC's meta or the like or a new deck they made themselves out. Skills like spotting lethals or unorthodox combos with a discover to best use your cards apply to both. Then again, someone might just turn around and say "Wait, hearthstone is a serious competitive game now? Isn't that game all RNG with watered out mechanics to a REAL game like 'insert XYZ'? "

I mean for pete sake in this post nerf meta it's kinda disheartening even just to hear some decks are so dependent on the draw and less on the human some of them have just botted their way to #10 and #30 legend spots with Pally bots in the current meta built all around just simple If/Else statements like "If Call to arms is in hand t4: Play call to arms T4" it's kinda a little disheartening. Sure there's small things to improve on all the time, but having a bot able to get so far just botting out a deck and someone coming back out sounds a little silly for the testament of highest play, a bot shouldn't even be able to get that high just brute forcing cards in with such a low skillcap for the top decks with cheaters where someone pointed it out earlier, regardless of skill, a top player who draws badly as say a cubelock will always lose to a bad player who misses damage but draws his combos earlier and gets them out quicker.

On the flipside, i don't doubt at all that there would have been a massive difference with old, extremely high skillcap decks like Patron warrior tournament players, watching them pull of 50 damage combos to pierce through armor with them sweating as they counted out, and pro players spectating that they still theoretically could have gotten 5 or so more damage just by changing the trade orders on the swings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wHpJ7SvoAQ