What Legendaries to Craft?

Play Mode Discussion
04/15/2018 08:41 AMPosted by AriesAblaze
Craft 2 or 3 Shudderwock just to be sure....

I'm not following, why would he craft even 1? Shaman is nowhere on ladder to be seen right now.
chameleos is pretty much like bloodmage thalnos, just priest only. it wont win you the game alone but you can get value from it in every priest deck and no matter what comes in the next expansions he will be a good addition to any deck. Baku/Genn are ok, but I already forsee a pala nerf and they arent great in any other deck yet.
shudderwock gets beaten hard by pala so hes currently not that great but the deck is very fun to play. And with a pala nerf he might see play in the future.

all other legendarys are memes this expansion.
Despite pulling a bunch of legendaries from my packs, i've only tried a few so far, so i can say safe crafts are:

-Baku
-Darius Crowley, if you play a lot of Warrior
-Countess Ashmore

These are the ones i can say 100% they are worth the dust. I havent had time to try more. Stuff like Azalina, Chameleos, Hagatha, Face Collector, Glinda and others are still waiting in my collection to be tried.
I'm playing a Lady in White Priest deck at rank 5 with a ~50% win rate and I've been having a lot of fun with it. Mogu'shan Warden and Oasis Snapjaw are the new 4 mana 7/7s!
Lady in White seems so clunky and awkward to play.

Is she really good.?
04/15/2018 04:31 PMPosted by Herodreamer
Lady in White seems so clunky and awkward to play.

Is she really good.?

If you play her, you need a deck that doesn't rely on her as a win condition. Chameleos is the better of the two priest legendaries.
lady in white is pretty bad in the current meta. shes way too slow. if you play her on curve you drop a 5/5 without taunt in a meta thats all about aggro and if you play her later she loses more and more value. tried to make her work reliably but even spiteful works better without her.
04/14/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Lykotic
From this set?
Safe answer is Baku. I think Genn is also getting close on safe but isn't Baku.

Outside of those two I wouldn't say from a power level perspective I'd say any others are safe but my quick list of probably good/fun

Ashmore
Hagatha
Godfrey

It is a short list right now but early still.

Of the 4 I got 3 (5 total for WW), so I consider myself very lucky.

Baku is fantastic, not just for competitive decks, but because it creates so many deck options for fun.

Ashmore on curve is pretty good. If you top deck her turn 4-5, you can safely play aggressively with your hand, though you could get penalized by the Grizzly every once in a while. I expect Hunter, Warrior, and Rogue to use it.

Godfrey requires a specific type of deck to shine. I don’t recommend it until you have a shell for him. I don’t, so mine hasn’t seen play yet.
04/15/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Marcoscongas
04/14/2018 05:12 PMPosted by Lykotic
From this set?
Safe answer is Baku. I think Genn is also getting close on safe but isn't Baku.

Outside of those two I wouldn't say from a power level perspective I'd say any others are safe but my quick list of probably good/fun

Ashmore
Hagatha
Godfrey

It is a short list right now but early still.

Of the 4 I got 3 (5 total for WW), so I consider myself very lucky.

Baku is fantastic, not just for competitive decks, but because it creates so many deck options for fun.

Ashmore on curve is pretty good. If you top deck her turn 4-5, you can safely play aggressively with your hand, though you could get penalized by the Grizzly every once in a while. I expect Hunter, Warrior, and Rogue to use it.

Godfrey requires a specific type of deck to shine. I don’t recommend it until you have a shell for him. I don’t, so mine hasn’t seen play yet.

yet the latter 3 are all optional. non of them cant be easily replaced. Baku defines a deck right now so its kind of a safe craft and the mechanic might be developed further in following expansions. hagatha is pretty bad at the moment, godfrey is as mentioned very situational and ashmore is kind of a flavour card. She is ok but not great. Will probably drop out of favour with the next set of legendarys.
Wow!

I got downvotes just for talking about cards I got. There’s some seriously salty folks in the forum.
None are safe to craft right now, specially if you don't have something like 10k+ dust on bank. I'd wait for at least a month to craft anything, for a couple of reasons:

First is, with just a week is really, really hard to see how things will turn out. Take for example, Shudderwock. A lot of people went crazy because of the card, also crafted Grumble and etc for it.

A few days passed, and after the initial new card hype, Shaman is again at the bottom of tier classes, with the Shudderwock deck with a 40% or so winrate.

Second, even Baku who a lot of people claim is a safe craft really isn't. Maybe Odd/Even is just a week/month thing, just like with Shudderwock.

Third is, nerfs may be coming. Blizzard already addressed that if Cubelock remains too strong, they'll nerf it. Shudderwock will also be fixed or nerfed.
So not even Cubelock is safe to craft.

Because imagine if they nerf Lackey or Dark Pact but that causes the deck to be much, much weaker and maybe even unplayable down the line? You'll get a full dust refund for Lackey and Dark Pact, but not for Skull, Gul'dan, Umbra, Cubes, etc.
Imagine if you craft Shudderwock and they change the Saronite Chain Gang battlecry and that specific combo isn't as reliable or even stop existing. No dust refund for Shudderwock, only for Saronite.

It's the same thing when they nerfed Raza and Patches. You get a dust refund for him, but not for Anduin, Kazakus, Velen, etc, all cards who you may have crafted just for that deck and are now almost useless for anything else.

So I'd wait a month, the time that'll probably Blizzard to address Shudderwock, Warlock and probably Paladin too.
Was fortunate to get Tess and Baku in my packs (along with a Gold Shudderwock)

From that, and the fact I have 15k dust (give or take)
Any other suggestions, what about from previous sets (i didnt play much since LK Adventure) - still haven't unlocked Arthas as a hero
Angelus, do you have Leroy? He is very good and will probably continue to be good.
I'll have to double check my collection
I think I have a Leeroy

I've never been super competitive, and think the highest i've ever ranked was about 12 playing Tempo Mage (using the Flamewaker and spell combos)

But i've always tried to play varied classes to unlock all the golds (haven't reached 60 with any class yet)
Safest is to start with Classic Legendaries, then move into newest expac stuff.

Things like Leeroy, Edwinn, and Brann are good to start with.
Hi there!

I'd like to get some advices too.

I'm quite new to Hearthstone and got enough dust to craft a legendary card but I dont know which one to choose.

I prefer playing Mage and Shaman, therefore I'm looking at Frost Lich Jaina and Hagatha. Are both of them worth crafting?
I dont have any other legendary card of those classes, only for other ones -.-
06/14/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Mementor
Hi there!

I'm quite new to Hearthstone and got enough dust to craft a legendary card but I dont know which one to choose.

I prefer playing Mage and Shaman, therefore I'm looking at Frost Lich Jaina and Hagatha. Are both of them worth crafting?

They are both extremely powerful standalone legendaries. In a vacuum, I would say that Jaina is the more powerful of the two. She wins games by herself, plays well with other legendaries and cards, and has garnered her fair share of "please nerf" threads. However, at the same time, Hagatha is also a very powerful card used in several decks (most Shaman decks actually, iirc). Moreover, while Jaina will be rotating out of Standard next April, Hagatha will be legal for another full year afterwards. In this sense, Hagatha would be the more econonomical choice.

tl;dr - In the short term, Jaina would be the more powerful of the two. If you plan on playing Standard more than Wild, then Hagatha is the better choice.
06/14/2018 09:58 AMPosted by Mementor
Hi there!

Frost Lych Jaina is a really good value for the dust, IF you can build a deck with more than one win condition. She's crap against agro, and needs the support of a lot of board clears or taunt walls. I would say (completely based on my impressions from playing, and without looking at any hard data) that she's in 95% of Mage decks.
Thank you very much for your help!!

At the moment I'm playing a Secret and Elemental Deck with my mage.
Maybe she would be a nice addition, if I'm not able to kill the opponent until lategame?

My Shaman Deck is based on Elements for now but many meta decks are Shudderwock and Even Shaman at the moment.
Does Hagatha fit in an elemental deck?
06/14/2018 10:41 AMPosted by Mementor
Thank you very much for your help!!

At the moment I'm playing a Secret and Elemental Deck with my mage.
Maybe she would be a nice addition, if I'm not able to kill the opponent until lategame?

My Shaman Deck is based on Elements for now but many meta decks are Shudderwock and Even Shaman at the moment.
Does Hagatha fit in an elemental deck?

FLJ would be a good late game card for your deck- she gives lifesteal to elementals- but it sounds like you might be playing aggro. How is your card draw? Do you have Aluneth? FLJ is expensive and not much use in an aggro deck, but Aluneth, Archmage Arugal, and Book of Specters would be. Still, FLJ is a good all around lagendary to have.

I don't play Shaman at all, but Hagatha looks like a good value as well- I think she's just been overshadowed by Shudderwock. Elementals are mostly cheap, so you could use her hero power to good effect with them.

Which deck are you most comfortable with, and have the most fun with?