I Am Sick of Cubelock

Community Discussion
I am sick of Cubelock. It is not a fun deck to play, and it is even worse to play against. I think the main problem is dark pact. It heals for 8 and enables the entire deck. If it didn't heal for so much it would be fine, but it is too powerful of a card as it is currently designed. I do not want to play against this deck for another year...
I agree, unfortunately hearthstone is a cash-cow where the quality of the game-play has absolutely no impact on their income so the only interest they have in changing cards is every 6 or so months when they need to sell some new cards and packs. Even the most oppressive decks in the game's history (of which cube lock isn't even the worst by the way) were in the game half a year or more.

I honestly can't tell if it's willful laziness on Team 5's behalf or if they honestly think it's the right move.

If they made more frequent adjustments to cards/decks, they would make more money because people would have to change their decks more often and people would complain less. Or perhaps they are more interested in keeping the whales who net deck flavor of the month decks.

I'd recommend playing something else my man because this is what hearthstone is and always has been.
Well I cant speak for playing against it but I can certainly say it is fun to play.
04/13/2018 09:53 PMPosted by MrFoxAos
Well I cant speak for playing against it but I can certainly say it is fun to play.

Some people love solitaire, too bad they have to waste my time to play it here.
04/13/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Miezy
I agree, unfortunately hearthstone is a cash-cow where the quality of the game-play has absolutely no impact on their income so the only interest they have in changing cards is every 6 or so months when they need to sell some new cards and packs. Even the most oppressive decks in the game's history (of which cube lock isn't even the worst by the way) were in the game half a year or more.

I honestly can't tell if it's willful laziness on Team 5's behalf or if they honestly think it's the right move.

If they made more frequent changes to the game, they would make more money because people would have to change their decks more often and people would complain less. Or perhaps they are more interested in keeping the whales who net deck flavor of the month decks.

I'd recommend playing something else my man because this is what hearthstone is and always has been.

honestly it just sounds like you dont like set rotation style since everything you're airing grievances about are pretty common in all set rotation tcg's
04/13/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Uninvited

what? how is cubelock like solitaire? (if this went way over my head omegalul)

If they made more frequent changes to the game, they would make more money because people would have to change their decks more often and people would complain less. Or perhaps they are more interested in keeping the whales who net deck flavor of the month decks.

honestly it just sounds like you dont like set rotation style since everything you're airing grievances about are pretty common in all set rotation tcg's

I actually really enjoy the set rotational style. I only have grievances with specific decks and how long it takes for them to be nerfed/adjusted to make them less rage inducing to play against (cube lock, jade druid, quest rogue, the list goes on ) all of these decks/cards were nerfed because they were problematic which was plain to see from DAY ONE.

The fact that in 3 months the meta changes and win rates drop changes absolutely nothing about how !@#$ it feels to play (read: lose) against. It's a complete joke of an excuse for not adjusting cards sooner or for these cards to be printed in that state in the first place.

The imagery of playing solitaire is that you aren't even playing hearthstone, or against another player, you're playing your own little game with your own cards in your own little world, you're playing your cards in a set order every time and if they line up you win regardless of what you're opponent has done/is doing. Which was the main description of quest rogue at the time (yet another deck that should have been balanced sooner) and is what constitutes in my eyes the experience possible in any deck to play against.
04/13/2018 09:56 PMPosted by MrFoxAos

How is it not? Cubelock plays 100% the same no matter who your opponent is. There is little deviation to play. So essentially you are playing solitaire and somehow you need the validation of someone watching you play to make it enjoyable. It’s kind of creepy.
04/14/2018 12:42 AMPosted by Uninvited
04/13/2018 09:56 PMPosted by MrFoxAos

How is it not? Cubelock plays 100% the same no matter who your opponent is. There is little deviation to play. So essentially you are playing solitaire and somehow you need the validation of someone watching you play to make it enjoyable. It’s kind of creepy.
how needs the validation of someone watching? no one has said that
04/13/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Miezy

I actually really enjoy the set rotational style. I only have grievances with specific decks and how long it takes for them to be nerfed/adjusted to make them less rage inducing to play against (cube lock, jade druid, quest rogue, the list goes on ) all of these decks/cards were nerfed because they were problematic which was plain to see from DAY ONE.

The fact that in 3 months the meta changes and win rates drop changes absolutely nothing about how !@#$ it feels to play (read: lose) against. It's a complete joke of an excuse for not adjusting cards sooner or for these cards to be printed in that state in the first place.

The imagery of playing solitaire is that you aren't even playing hearthstone, or against another player, you're playing your own little game with your own cards in your own little world, you're playing your cards in a set order every time and if they line up you win regardless of what you're opponent has done/is doing. Which was the main description of quest rogue at the time (yet another deck that should have been balanced sooner) and is what constitutes in my eyes the experience possible in any deck to play against.
again everything you're talking about also apply's to every other set rotation tcg this circle jerk hate for cubelock really just shows that you dont know what you're talking about since out of all the set rotation tcgs hearthstone is in one of the best places toy also just come off like no matter what cubelock is the devil
04/14/2018 08:57 AMPosted by MrFoxAos
04/14/2018 12:42 AMPosted by Uninvited

how needs the validation of someone watching? no one has said that

Well why else do people desire to play solitaire decks in a two player game? They are miserable to play against and degrade the game experience.

again everything you're talking about also apply's to every other set rotation tcg this circle jerk hate for cubelock really just shows that you dont know what you're talking about since out of all the set rotation tcgs hearthstone is in one of the best places toy also just come off like no matter what cubelock is the devil

Wow, that gibberish is impossible to read.
Shudder Shaman is the cure to Cubelock. 100% win rate, guaranteed, nothing a Cubelock can do against it, they are completely and utterly powerless against it. If you are in a situation where the matchmaker is repeatedly matching you against Cubelock then switch to your Shudder Shaman.

Want to beat a degenerate deck? Then use a degenerate deck.
Cubelocks and shudderwock Shamans are cancer on this game. I just automatically concede when I see these two classes. I bet Ben Brode is laughing all the way to the bank and the game loses popularity few % at a time.
GG
If I could get a refund I would. I WILL NOT be pre ordered any more expansions. Cube lock so OP. I've had enough, I just played 10 games in a row 8 vs cube lock 2 vs odd pally with a druid. Lost them all. Its such BS.

I EITHER BEAT CUBELOCK WITH LUCK OR IT GOES TO LATE GAME WHERE I GET DUCKED. end of story.
If you guys want a fun deck to play that makes playing against Cubelock fun play Spiteful Druid. 10 to 6 with 21-9 winrate yesterday. Destroys Cubelock and is a blast doing so. Gave me my love back for this game. Just puts my quests for golden characters on hold.