Play Mode Discussion
https://hsreplay.net/decks/#sortBy=winrate

I'll just leave this here.
HOLY !@#$ %68 XD XD XD XD
Yea lets nerf shudderwock we are geneius XD
I did not think I would ever see a day where raid leader is meta
04/14/2018 11:52 AMPosted by ReXaGOn
I did not think I would ever see a day where raid leader is meta

He was meta in beta but yeah outside of that it's pretty wild.
It’s funny because cards like Raid Leader and Stormwind Champion are now seeing play in Paladin. Who the heck would have guessed that? Lol.

I don’t think Paladin is a problem yet. Those numbers are inflated from the Shudderwock decks that were flooding the ladder the last two days. If you look at Paladins win-rate changes over the past two days, you’ll notice that it has steadily fallen from ~65% to ~61. Given that trend, we can hope that it falls in line.
04/14/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Plikuscht
It’s funny because cards like Raid Leader and Stormwind Champion are now seeing play in Paladin. Who the heck would have guessed that? Lol.

I don’t think Paladin is a problem yet. Those numbers are inflated from the Shudderwock decks that were flooding the ladder the last two days. If you look at Paladins win-rate changes over the past two days, you’ll notice that it has steadily fallen from ~65% to ~61. Given that trend, we can hope that it falls in line.

I agree massive win rate is because of shudder right now after it leaves meta (Because deck is terrible XD as combo deck losing to cubelock) paladin will come around %50 win rate especially when control decks find ways to do nice tricks
AoE decks are pretty hard on aggro pally's. Even single damage AoE's in the early part of the game can shut them down.
Those guys were everywhere yesterday. Switched to cube lock and added in despicable dreadlords and I went into a nice long win streak.
04/14/2018 12:02 PMPosted by Xavori
AoE decks are pretty hard on aggro pally's. Even single damage AoE's in the early part of the game can shut them down.

so isnt shudderwock meant to hard counter them? because last time I checked they have 2 lightning storm, 2 volcano, and healing rain(with S depanding on deck)
I think you misunderstand what the problem with Shudderwock is. It's not the winrate that's the issue. Shudderwock does the following, which make the current version of it require a look into:

It generates a large amount of animations that take a very long time to process.

With Grumble it creates an endless supply of Shudderwocks, allowing for even longer chains of animations.

With Lifedrinker it creates a situation where once the effect goes off you can no longer interact with the deck.

There's no way currently in the game to prevent the battlecries from some of the cards. Dirty Rat and Coldlight are now gone, so the ability to deny battlecries or burn cards is almost entirely gone.

So in essence, it's not that Shudderwock is a broken deck because of winrate, it's a broken deck because it literally breaks the game it how it works and creates extremely negative situations. There can be more than one deck that needs a look at because of different things. But paladin has the possibility of losing it's high tier winrate due to meta changes, nothing in the meta is going to change shudderwock's effect.
Does that mean Warlocks aren't the bad guy anymore? Can I come out of hiding?
04/14/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Badarm

no :)
nothing is decided yet as I saying: first days not enought to see if someting is meta or not
we dont know reason of paladin high win rate currently (Yea everyone claims its because shudder but lets be serius: %70 of meta is not shaman so its not valid argument)
we dont know if cubelock return to meta any day
04/14/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Amideus
it's a broken deck because it literally breaks the game

You literally need to look up what that word means.

Back to your home, worm
Yeah, Paladin is definitely the best choice for the budget conscious player looking to climb. I just crafted a bunch of Paladin staples because it seems like they'll have viable decks for a long time.

Also, i know it isn't in the meta decks, but Ring The Bells with Wild Pyromancer is super fun against cube.
04/14/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Skruff
You literally need to look up what that word means.

literally - used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.

break - to infringe, ignore, or act contrary to (a law, rule, promise, etc.)
04/14/2018 12:25 PMPosted by DarthSil

Back to your home, worm

I'm really more of a slug.