Rush Warrior

Play Mode Discussion
Anyone having success with this deck ? I Feel like it's pretty good against Baku paladin.
It's a fun deck for sure, and Warrior has the tools to stop Paladins.

The real problem is that it's terrible against Cubelocks.
It's all fun and games until you get faced against a cubelock.

I suppose you can be lucky and beat them if you get good draws and they are stuck with unplayable crap.

I play baku quest warrior and I like it, not the best deck but there's just a thing about making aggro paladins helpless that gives me that itch.
The rush mechanic seems like it ended up being a bit of a failure.
04/21/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Darkstar

Rush is really good. That 2 mana lifesteal rush beast is amazing. Its just warrior that sucks. Warrior has been nerfed over and over again because of design failures. Warsong Commander and Charge were both nerfed because of difficult to execute combos that were stopped by taunts. Now both of those cards are completely unplayable, yet half the other classes have better OTKs now anyway that Blizzard is fine with.

The other nerfed cards were all a result of pirate warrior being too powerful, and while it was blatantly obvious that Patches was the problem, every playable warrior classic card from that deck was nerfed before the Patches nerf.

These design decisions were so bad that the lead designer should be ashamed and not only step down from his position, but should straight up leave the company. Oh wait...
04/21/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Darkstar

I agree with you. The rush mechanic is strong by itself, however it is pretty useless in the current meta. When everyone is busy doing their combo or smorcing, mid range pressure is something no one gives a !@#$e.
04/21/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Swift
The real problem is that it's terrible against Cubelocks.

Yeah, but what isn't terrible against cubelocks?
04/21/2018 07:06 PMPosted by Bee
Anyone having success with this deck ? I Feel like it's pretty good against Baku paladin.

I run a rush warrior that also uses the spellstones. Basically the point is to use weapons and rush early and fill the board with 15/15 by turn 7. The two biggest problems are baku hunter and cubelock. I have beat cubelock with this deck more than I have lost. The main goal is to hit hard before turns 5,6,7 before they can cheat out voidlords. Also you have to hope they draw bad. As for baku hunter, the hunter will overwhelm you early. You have to try to keep their board clear while also slowly damaging them as the damage you. This deck I have the lowest win rate against because I always lose too much health early, clearing their minions with weapons. If you can get your charge minions to hit them instead and have 15/15 by 7 or 8 usually I'm in good shape. The deck is kind of rng even with 2 town criers. You need your rush minions against baku hunter early. And although I like Crowley I feel like he isn't legendary worthy. The best I usually get him is a 8/3 or 8/4 (with axe) and he's always gone next turn. Even if he is there you have to be carful because he only has 3 health. I wish Blizzard would make him a little better. Maybe a 5/5/5. +2/+2.