The black night

Play Mode Discussion
This guy has been my favorite since the witchwood dropped. So many taunts being played and he just straight up eliminates them. Doesn't leave a body behind just wipes them out. And puts a solid body on the board for the effect he has. And he always has a target.

Anyone else been putting him their decks?
With as many taunts as Druid bungs out? Resurrection effects?

Now don’t get me wrong. He was great once, and in an aggressive deck he would be ok. Not much point against a void lord.
It's not good vs Voidlord and against Taunt Druid it's not enough.
04/20/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Ropey
With as many taunts as Druid bungs out? Resurrection effects?

Now don’t get me wrong. He was great once, and in an aggressive deck he would be ok. Not much point against a void lord.

feels like attacking a bee swarm with a single fly swatter.
It's to specific but man it would be cool to Glinda, 2 Portals and the let the black knights rain misery on Hadronox druid. Sadly that would be very hard to pull off more than once in a match.
Not this meta, no.

Gul’dan and Hadronox both serve as strong rezz effects that don’t really care if their taunt dies, whereas aggro doesn’t play any taunts they don’t mind losing (killing Tarim doesn’t handle the myriad of 3/3s, and killing a Protector is pointless).

Alas, TBK slinks back off into the shadows this meta.
TBK getting phased out starting naxx. Because there is a taunter that leave smaller taunter when killed. The sludge belcher.

We got buffed version in today meta. TBK wont do sh1t.
I've been getting a ton of use out of Crazed Alchemist. He flips around Stonehill Defenders and other low attack taunts so that even your little dudes can handle them. Late game, he can flip around one of your own big Twilight or Primordial Drakes for a high attack minion.
04/20/2018 05:51 PMPosted by Ropey

I mean all you have to do is hit a 2+ mana taunt to make up for his 2 mana overpriced yeti body to break even.

Even if you use him against a Voidlord, it makes killing off the 3 health voidwalkers much easier while giving his Bloodreaver more chances to summon back the wimpy demons.

I use him a lot in my Priest, Shaman, and Paladins decks. Can't tell you how useful he is against the 4 attack taunts.
04/20/2018 07:59 PMPosted by Teo
Gul’dan and Hadronox both serve as strong rezz effects that don’t really care if their taunt dies

For Gul'dan killing the Voidlord creates anti synergy as it increases the crappy summons.

For Hadronax, you save Silence for Hadronax while using Black Knight to attack face more often. They drop an 8 mana taunt, you instantly destroy it while putting down a yeti with 2 mana to spare.
Eh. A lot of today's taunts either have annoying deathrattles or there's simply too many of them for Black Knight to have value when his body is just a bad statline for his cost - even with the effect.
I am positive it might be to slow in the current meta
I was playing him when Bonemare was released and pretty much every deck was running Bonemares.

Atm I have swapped his place for BGH.