Tavern Brawl Reward Bug?

Bug Report
So I got my weekly tavern brawl reward just now, but instead of a pack I got the year of the mammoth card back? It says "awarded for winning 5 ranked games in March 2018," but I've never even played a ranked game on this account. Help?
Same thing happened to me.
I checked the Tavern Brawl screen before doing it, and the chest announces that card back as the reward:
https://imgur.com/ZEpc1bF

This is on an "alt" account where I do not collect these card backs, on my main account, the reward is announced to be a Classic card pack, as usual, since I already have that card back.

Edit: So not a bug, but a change in the reward, at least for this week. There has been comments from Blizzard employees in the past saying they are looking at ways to allow people to get card backs they have missed, but not details were announced. This may be the way.
I want my card pack.
04/25/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Rhasimir
I checked the Tavern Brawl screen before doing it, and the chest announces that card back as the reward:

This is on an "alt" account where I do not collect these card backs, on my main account, the reward is announced to be a Classic card pack, as usual, since I already have that card back.

Edit: So not a bug, but a change in the reward, at least for this week. There has been comments from Blizzard employees in the past saying they are looking at ways to allow people to get card backs they have missed, but not details were announced. This may be the way.

I suppose that's fair. However, I think that they should do both as rewards instead of just one or the other; people who don't have those card backs are more than likely newer players, and they need all the card packs they can get.

Well, maybe still a bug. They have used this exact method to give away card backs in the past once or twice, but they were special cardbacks for holidays (winterveil) where they wanted them to be available to people but didnt want people who already had them to feel cheated.

I suspect they somehow accidentally enabled that same feature this month, but for the monthly March 2018 card back. I doubt they'd purposely do this with a monthly ranked play reward.
Edit: So not a bug, but a change in the reward, at least for this week.
This is correct. For this week's Tavern Brawl, anyone who did not get the Mammoth card back previously will get that as the reward. The classic pack is given to anyone who already has that card back.
04/25/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Grizzle
This is correct. For this week's Tavern Brawl, anyone who did not get the Mammoth card back previously will get that as the reward. The classic pack is given to anyone who already has that card back.

I dont want the mammoth card back, I want the classic pack.

Please help and give me the pack :(
It says that it's normally acquired from winning 5 games in ranked play. I had hit rank 10 before in Year of the Mammoth, so shouldn't have I gotten it then?
04/25/2018 11:29 AMPosted by WEESTOUN
It says that it's normally acquired from winning 5 games in ranked play. I had hit rank 10 before in Year of the Mammoth, so shouldn't have I gotten it then?

You needed to win 5 games in ranked play during March 2018, so if you did not play enough ranked games in March, you would not have received it, no matter what you may have done earlier in the year.

I agree with others on this thread that it would have been better to give out a pack AND the card back, as those without the card back are indeed more likely to have a smaller card collection. I hope this feedback will be taken in consideration the next time.
Who the hell had this silly idea? :D
I mean if it was intended to give those who missed it, the card back as a kind move it would be ok but why not in addition to the pack?
I am pretty sure a lot of players feel more cheated than rewarded, seriously who comes up with such broken ideas?
04/25/2018 11:10 AMPosted by DarkNeox
...This is correct. For this week's Tavern Brawl, anyone who did not get the Mammoth card back previously will get that as the reward. The classic pack is given to anyone who already has that card back.

I dont want the mammoth card back, I want the classic pack.

Please help and give me the pack :(

This. It's actually ok to give us a card back but i don't think most of people will jump for joy after receiving a card back INSTEAD of a pack...
I just won a tavern brawl toady and I received no reward whatsoever? It's kinda odd, my friend got his pack in the previous game we played where he won. Then I win and get nothing?
maybe someone don't want revers!!!!!!!!
he im new , all my friends are good because they play for 5 years and have all cards. I play for 2 weeks and have only bad cards and 4 card backs now. I could really use a pack. My papa only let me buy 2 pack on birthday. :( Im poor boy , my name is steven and im 11 years old I support Zlatan LA galaxy i like soccer.
I have no reason to complain I had the card back and I got my pack but I don't get it.
What an awkward move. Give something along with denying something. Smart guys at team 5 you how to make people feel bad.
I didn't get a pack for winning a brawl. I already have the March 2018 card back so that shouldn't be the reason I didn't get a pack.
i want my free pack not card back
Can you at least fix the description of a card back? A friend of mine just got it and he has 0 games in ranked, so it's really weird to read that he got the cardback for winning 5 games in ranked in March 2018( I don't think he was even started playing until April)

Can I ask what the reasoning behind this was, and whether this was announced somewhere? Just seems like a very odd move - was there something particularly special about the March 2018 ranked play cardback that made it particularly desirable? Are there plans to continue doing this with all the old cardbacks?

I'm not mad or anything (free stuff is free stuff, and I still got the pack anyway since I got the cardback earlier), it just feels like a silly thing to do that doesn't have much intuitive logic behind it, and something that's likely to make people feel disappointed when they don't get the prize they were expecting.

In general, I'd suggest to Blizzard that the game will be more fun if people get the rewards they expect to get, and when do you change the rewards, you announce it clearly, ahead of time, and with at least a quick explanation.