Whose genius idea was it to create rin, the first disciple?

Play Mode Discussion
Hey, guys! Lets get rid of coldlight oracle because it enables many decks that can burn your opponents cards. Burning cards isn't fun, right? Well lets make a card that eats your opponents entire deck! Also, lets give it to a class that is already disgustingly stacked! That will be awesome right? Hahaha. Throw in a few hundred more RNG cards too guys? hahah.

My God. THIS GAME IS GARBAGE.
Have you added up the total mana cost?
04/27/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Ace0Spadez83

Who cares about the total mana cost? It's not a fun card to play against and eats your deck. If you go outside and only get smashed in the balls 20 percent of the time, is that still a good thing?
Didn't you know. This expansion was subtitled, "Cheating win conditions"?
?
04/27/2018 10:37 PMPosted by Ace0Spadez83

After Rin, we have 6 phases.
a 2/2, 3/3, 4/4, 5/5, 6/6, and then Azari 10/10

Each of those costs 5 mana except for Azari (10). We also need to include Rin which is an additional 6.

So what we end up having is a total cost of 41 mana to pull off a great outcome, although it may be slow. I don't think this card should be nerfed and I actually feel it's quite balanced.

Although I will say that Warlock is very strong right now, we shouldn't worry about cards like Rin and start worrying about some of the other key cards.
My god your deck is garbage if they can actually win with Azari. You're given 7 turns to keep up the pressure while they have to waste mana on a 5 mana 2/2. If you're not forcing them to spend Siphon Soul you're just not playing Hearthstone and deserve to be memed to death by having your entire deck burned up.
Curious as to what super greedy control deck you play that allows you to actually lose to a controlock that runs rin. Like dude play some minions. Force him to do something other than play 2 spells that cost 5 mana for a weak demon. Or better yet tech in some silences.
Blizzard seems determined to keep drawn-out fatigue decks in check, so they seem to be giving one class game-ending abilities against those kind of decks, each expansion. Last time, it was Jade Druid. This time, it's Rin. That's my theory, anyway.

04/27/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Josiah
Didn't you know. This expansion was subtitled, "Cheating win conditions"?
?

That was the title of the last expansion. This expansion is called:

'Hey, there's a lot of cool things we could do, if the previous expansion wasn't called "Cheating win conditions".'
04/27/2018 10:58 PMPosted by Bojangles
Curious as to what super greedy control deck you play that allows you to actually lose to a controlock that runs rin. Like dude play some minions. Force him to do something other than play 2 spells that cost 5 mana for a weak demon. Or better yet tech in some silences.

I was playing control taunt warrior.

The point is that the card just isn't fun to play against. It doesn't matter the cost. It's a card that destroys your deck.

I know that something that isn't fun to play against is lost on the Blizzard/Activision circle jerk enthusiasts.
I would gladly prefer to play against a turn 6 Rin vs a Turn 6 Spiteful into Tyrantus. In control match ups, Rin is the deal breaker and sets the clock.
04/27/2018 10:46 PMPosted by Petrico94
My god your deck is garbage if they can actually win with Azari. You're given 7 turns to keep up the pressure while they have to waste mana on a 5 mana 2/2. If you're not forcing them to spend Siphon Soul you're just not playing Hearthstone and deserve to be memed to death by having your entire deck burned up.

Rin obviously works, or Control Warlock wouldn't be running her. She is insurance in the long games. They won't straight up win with her, often, but it puts the other guy on the clock. I've lost to her with a drawn-out Even Shaman deck. I had Hagatha active, and she kept me in the game until my opponent saw what I was doing and started playing those seals. I agree it's frustrating that Warlock was given this card, along with everything else they have.
04/27/2018 11:06 PMPosted by MoarRNGplz

I was playing control taunt warrior.

The point is that the card just isn't fun to play against. It doesn't matter the cost. It's a card that destroys your deck.

I know that something that isn't fun to play against is lost on the Blizzard/Activision circle jerk enthusiasts.

I think Control warlock usually just wins against taunt Warrior. Were you playing quest or baku variation? or just control warrior? either way id definitely recomend adding in a silence as well as weapon removal. And If you are constantly facing control warlocks then switch up decks if you can.
I love it every time someone complains about Rin. When she was revealed, everyone was so quick to call her trash!
If you play Warlock, you can counter Rin btw with Glinda and Balefulbanker, well you can have bad luck, and its in the very bottom of your deck, but i won quite some games with it, they destroyed my deck (4-5 cards) and i refilled my deck.

Also even with my controllock build, i can pressure them enough, so that they have to delay the demons by some turns, because they habe to use some removal or play taunts

i think you would loose gainst Warlock anyway, tauntwarrior is a good matchup for Controllocks, the 8 damage heropower, just doesnt cut it, its only 2 points difference to Guldan, put you cant choose where to hit
Lol. You run glinda/baleful always on your control lock? If you aren't fighting a mirror what do you use it for? Just put a bunch of voidlords in your deck if they let one sit out?
04/28/2018 01:31 AMPosted by zireq
Lol. You run glinda/baleful always on your control lock? If you aren't fighting a mirror what do you use it for? Just put a bunch of voidlords in your deck if they let one sit out?

Aside from that, you can sometimes mill your opponent with gnomferatu
Or play multiple stonehilldefenders

Its always a soft taunt

And you often actually win in fatique, cause you cannot fatique

Also it greatly helps gainst control mage, cause they die of fatigue damage, so you dont really care about their elemental healing (still helps to be smart about how to play minions)

Also control warrior cant beat you, maybe if they run double DMH they can get a draw, but I doubt it cause 6 heropowet > 4 or 2 heropower
04/28/2018 03:00 AMPosted by azweik
04/28/2018 01:31 AMPosted by zireq

Its always a soft taunt

Also in other matchups, you can bring a voidlord or mountain giant back into your deck
The more painful situation is when my priest opponent Chameloes-d the last seal from my hand before Azari. It was disqusting. He just literally stole my win condition. Then also just mind controlled casually my Azari too. So got 2 10/10 demons as priest. GG
04/28/2018 03:02 AMPosted by azweik
04/28/2018 03:00 AMPosted by azweik

Its always a soft taunt

Also in other matchups, you can bring a voidlord or mountain giant back into your deck

that's pretty cool man. I love surprise win conditions like that. After I got legend (with genn handlock) I tried really hard to make a control lock with the addition of howlfiend + treachery + defile combo when a big board is open vs control. It didn't work out though because by the time I do it they end up having nothing but removal in their hand, but I did discard the rin seals on warlocks a few times for a surprise win/concede. I can see how your combo wins vs mirror reliably, almost every game comes down to counting fatigue damage or playing 1 minion at a time seeing what removal they have left. Honestly seems better than rin because by the time a warlock gets that off the other warlock has less than 5 cards in his deck anyway. So many times I get a surprise kill on greedy warlocks ignoring the board trying to get seals off faster thinking they can recover in time.

I tanked my legend to 10k experimenting so I play vs rank 1-4's usually. Been perfecting my dire frenzy + vicious scalehide control hunter deck. Beating a lot of meta decks consistently, but 1 mistake usually results in a loss. Guess that's why its fun. I think I finally got it down though, once I finally threw out the secret package. It's good but so inconsistent, I maybe get it off on curve maybe 30% of games, then you end up wasting secrets just to buff it, and it's literally 3 wasted cards vs warlock, priest, and spiteful druid in most cases. Great got my wolves on curve, but my hands empty, he just MC tech me, and there's a 12/12 coming next turn.

anyway enough rambling. cool idea i'll try it out