Mind control tech needs to be removed

Arena Discussion
08/02/2018 10:03 AMPosted by MoonJung
08/01/2018 07:31 PMPosted by Bruemeister
all they need to do is change the text from take a random minion to take the left most minion. Ta da he now adds depth to the arena instead of B.S. but Blizz is well aware of this. They are fully devout followers of RNJesus

How about left or right most minion? It's still fun not to know which minion you'll get, while good players can still play around it.

Sometimes playing around MCT loses you the game as well. Because you limit yourself to 3 minions and gives your opponents more chances to recover.
08/03/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Draghi
08/02/2018 10:03 AMPosted by MoonJung

How about left or right most minion? It's still fun not to know which minion you'll get, while good players can still play around it.

Sometimes playing around MCT loses you the game as well. Because you limit yourself to 3 minions and gives your opponents more chances to recover.

thats the whole issue with mct playing around it involves makeing bad and wrong plays and it just incentives not playing the game at all
MCT is a neutral minion that hard punishes decks for playing well at a low cost. At worst, it is a vanilla 3/3 that can trade into most 3-mana minions, but at best, it is a late-game card that can steal a big minion, then be followed up with an AoE in order to swing a game completely. Even if MCT misses badly, you're still getting the equivalent of a vanilla 4/4 or 3/5 for 3 mana, and it's hard to argue with those numbers.
MCT is commonly offered in drafts I assume.

I dont know what you guys are complaining about, just draft taunts and 2-3 MCT with a brewmaster :P.

THIS IS HOW YOU COUNTER AN MCT!!!!! JUST WATCH

https://hsreplay.net/replay/winnEQiuYtcRVu2ffwB5mX
That feeling when you loose a sure thing by having your largest minion taken... not removed, which would be fine, TAKEN! .... -.-
Mct is great card.
I love it. Great stats. I'll never take it out of arena or standard. We need more cards like this.
Downvote all of you who pick murlock raider and angry chicken over MCT.
dont you talk bad about my dinosized angry chicken..........
Like Kripp would say, Can we get rid of this card already? OMG.

It's the worst card for arena. I've been playing for 3 years and even when I play it i'm not even happy. It's only VERY frustrating and not skillfull.

Please remove it for godsake...
I recently stopped caring about MCT. If spreading the board is the right play then I just do it. I know I am winning more games this way despite being punished for it sometimes.

That being said, I don't think this card is healthy for arena. The potential tempo swing is too big. Like someone said, it punishes good play for a low cost. This card makes arena less fun and removing it should be a consideration.

It isn't healthy for constructed either. Good HOF card.
I think it should steal the lowest Attack Minion or something like that. Some kind of determinism to how it works so that you could play around it. Heck, even it stealing the highest Attack Minion would allow for better counterplay.
05/07/2018 02:34 PMPosted by blaice
Honestly, you’d have more ground to stand on requesting MC from priest got removed rather than MCT. MCT is at least able to be played around. MC isn’t save for a counterspell (spellbender too) which is only one class or MC back in priest mirror. Having to bait out an MC with a mediocre draft is a lot more punishing than keeping a 3 minion board when you are in a commanding lead.

With the amount of priests these days with holy water and MC, it is nauseating knowing that 90%+ of them have MC in their hand if they make it to turn 10 (or 9 with coin). Nothing better than baiting them by pressuring face with a 5 cost or less minion then throwing on buffs to a minion you have out or throwing down an even more expensive minion.... till you see the second MC, and then the third.... XD

No you are wrong. MC from priest is a 10 mana class card. You can prevent this happening, by not playing a big minion for him.
MCT, in the other hand, is a 3 mana 3/3 freaking normal card, with words:"PUNISH THE GOOD PLAYER TO LOSE THE GAME RANDOMLY".
1st: you need to be good in order to being MCTed.
2nd: It's unpreventable, at least in arena. You need to spread your leading if you win board. Stop at 3 minions while you are winning is never a good play in arena.
3rd: this card is freaking 3 mana 3/3. NO PUNISHMENT even you draft it and it doesn't work. Just play it as a 3/3 at turn 3, good enough in arena.

My thinking about this damn card in arena:
1. Delete it, that's it.
2. Take the lowest cost minion.
3. nerf it. Make it as a 3 mana 1/1, or at least 3 mana 1/2.
I liked the thought of MoonJung. How about making MCT take control of the leftmost or rightmost minion? It will still swing the game, but people who aren't noobs will play around it. It's still gonna get a minion, but this time not the best one. And let's face it, even if it takes a 1-drop it's still a large tempo swing, but not that horrible. Otherwise it's a 3 mana 3/3, nothing too bad.
https://hsreplay.net/cards/#text=mind%20control%20tech&gameType=ARENA

Win rate of decks that have this card is 57%. However, when played the win rate DROPS to 49.5%.
Not sure whether this means that this card magically grants wins when it's sitting in my deck or in my hand. But it definitely shows that playing it does not provide as big a tempo swing as the complaints in this thread suggest.
08/14/2018 01:18 AMPosted by BigHugger

Win rate of decks that have this card is 57%. However, when played the win rate DROPS to 49.5%.
Not sure whether this means that this card magically grants wins when it's sitting in my deck or in my hand. But it definitely shows that playing it does not provide as big a tempo swing as the complaints in this thread suggest.

It's a card that you play when you're losing so those are completely to be expected stats for it. If you didn't have it when you're losing, your win rate would be way lower than 49.5%.

Similar stats can be seen with stuff like Volcano, Brawl, Vanish, Twisting Nether, etc.

It's very important to understand how to look behind the stats when you use them!

I hated this card until I figured out how to use it or play around it.

STATISTICS DON'T LIE.
SO MANY PEOPLE PLAY MCT AND END UP GETTING THE WORST OF 4-5 MINONS.

HOW OFTEN DOES SOMEONE COMPLAIN ABOUT MCT LOW ROLLING?????

LOL, NO ONE WANTS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW THEIR BAD RNG LOST THEM THE GAME............SEEMS LIKE THE COMPLAINTS ARE ONLY ONE SIDED.

MCT HAS LOW ROLLED ME SO MANY GAMES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BOARD BUT I DONT BLAME HIM. I BLAME ME FOR DRAFTING HIM.
08/14/2018 04:47 AMPosted by DirtyHairy

STATISTICS DON'T LIE.

LOL, NO ONE WANTS TO COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW THEIR BAD RNG LOST THEM THE GAME............SEEMS LIKE THE COMPLAINTS ARE ONLY ONE SIDED.

MCT HAS LOW ROLLED ME SO MANY GAMES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BOARD BUT I DONT BLAME HIM. I BLAME ME FOR DRAFTING HIM.

What's with all the caps?

But I think that it is worth noting that even when MCT low rolls, it still almost always ends up being an amazingly superb 3-drop. If you manage to activate MCT, he is superb. But the problem of course is that in order to activate him, your opponent needs to have a 4+ board which often means that you are in trouble and if MCT low rolls, he might not save you from that trouble. But of course most likely no other 3-drop would've saved you either.
Stats =/= Fun. Stop soot spewing statistics as if that has anything to do with fun. MCT is anti-fun and needs to be HOF.
https://imgur.com/a/86on675

I swear to god, you punish me bc I hate your game and it is a terrible experience.

Boycot blizzard funds
08/14/2018 04:47 AMPosted by DirtyHairy

STATISTICS DON'T LIE.

There's NO LOW ROLL ON MCT. Think about it. If you got a 1/1, you are playing a 3/3 summoning a 1/1 AND deals 1 damage, WITH A 3 MANA CARD.
As I said early, the floor is 3 mana 3/3, which is not bad in arena. But the celling is WIN A LOSING GAME.
Most of the time MCT is a vanilla 3/3 for 3 which is pretty terrible for Arena. Almost any other 3-drop will get you better value in the majority of your games. If MCT helps you win that 1 game in 50 where stealing the strongest minion wins you the game, well, that's just hearthstone for ya.

Drafting MCT over other 3-cost cards like lone champion/deathspeaker or even stonehill that can win you games more often? GL.