Matchmaking question. Please help.

Play Mode Discussion
Been reading many opinions about this. Anyone knows the truth?
Question is: How do your cards / chosen class affect matchmaking?

Background story:

During the last 7 days, I played custom control decks in ranked (Hunter and Priest) and got around 50%ish winrate. My matchups were at least 80% Cubelock or Aggropally. (Ranked between 8 and 10)

My Priest deck already contained lots of anti aggro + 2x silence + 1 mindcontrol +1 Psychic Scream against Cube. Tilted with meta, I adapted and added +2 wild pyromancer, +1 shadow visions.

Immediately after, I encountered

1) Spiteful Druid
2) Quest Rogue
3) Tempo Mage
4) Quest Rogue
5) Custom Rush Warrior

... and now to be fair:

6) Even Pala
7) Even Pala
8) Cubelock
9) Murloc Pala

Keeping it updated.

... Is it really just bad luck? I don't think so...
Blizzards says that match making is based on rank and nothing else, players have a different oppinion but nobody tries to make a timelapse or something , anything to prove the otherwise.. personally I don't know what to believe
Just variance. Matchmaking is based on your rank and that's all.
Thank you. One more question: If i open a thread called "Are we going to expect any balance changes soon? Please help." ... Will i get an official answer, too? :)

Have a good day.
As soon as I started playing control priest that can beat paladins and warlocks, I stop seeing paladins and warlocks and only find tuant druids (which is my hardest matchup.)
6 out of 10 games were druid.

But then I realized when I was playing baku rogue all I would find is druids and warlocks, so I guess druid is just superpopular right now at rank 5-4. What's a good deck against them?
05/05/2018 03:17 PMPosted by beacher
Thank you. One more question: If i open a thread called "Are we going to expect any balance changes soon? Please help." ... Will i get an official answer, too? :)

Have a good day.

Probably not.
05/05/2018 03:09 PMPosted by August Dean Ayala

challenge it not if it was you would make so people who end a season past 20 stay in 20 and people past 5 stay in 5 already for next season
I can confirm that Aggro Pally and Cube come back after 5 matches.
So... matchmaking might be random. Too bad, I was starting to have fun again.

"and that's all"

Rank or MMR or both?

If it's JUST RANK, then rank 8 players shouldn't be playing legend rank players.

Don't you mean RANK AND MMR?
05/05/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Schyla

"and that's all"

Rank or MMR or both?

If it's JUST RANK, then rank 8 players shouldn't be playing legend rank players.

Legend players don't have a rank, so they use MMR. The only way they can match a Legend player is with MMR.

Dean if your confidant in that statement then explain these pictures of last months ladder experience in which I did end up playing against a few legend players around rank 5 and up.

https://imgur.com/Fytzxax

https://imgur.com/a/mC2Pd4b

https://imgur.com/a/AVEBgh2

https://imgur.com/a/7cSFQwi

Keep in mind his comment is basically that the system only works around rank and no other variance. Just saying.

I get this reply is the official stand of Blizzard. Now let's just ignore all the horror stories from players and assuming that the matchmaking is truly random. The question is would the matchmaking algorithm is working if it allows a complete change in matchup when we change our deck?

Drastic swings from matchup should NEVER happen when players switch deck because it counters the reason for switching deck in the first place (to counter what we was matched, duh). I don't care if this is the result of true RNG or not. If it is then devs would be better to use fake RNG and put some limitation in their random generator so the issue never happen. Remember the final goal here is not finding the perfect mathematically random number, the goal is to let players have a good experience (which they do not have it with the current system).
safe say blizzard become next EA if refuse fix there exploits and Rank problems and ignore fact people unhappy with card gap between players they truly the next EA
05/05/2018 05:03 PMPosted by Venomking12
safe say blizzard become next EA if refuse fix there exploits and Rank problems and ignore fact people unhappy with card gap between players they truly the next EA

What's wrong with EA , mind if I ask?
05/05/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Schyla

"and that's all"

Rank or MMR or both?

I will tell you, he is lying out of his !@#.
I'm at rank15 no stars, I can queue, concede over and over and over changing decks all the while, and for 30 or so games just now it was a counter for every deck I used.

And Dean, That's a Fact.
Okay I log on, with Zoo deck its Quest War.
I use 2 summoners, they both summon Grizzled Guardians right now in game...
one dies and summons my owl
k...
Yep, so what are the odds... like in the millions?
They are enticing players with a small card collection to buy more cards by constantly countering them against players with a huge card collection.

I am sure they have a system to categorise each deck into groups of rock paper and scissors.