2 card brawl

Tavern Brawl Discussion
Imo shows how the community has no originality or care to make games interesting. 1 hour into this brawl and everyones playin mage or priest complete aggro/face. No one wants to play interesting decks. smh
well i just started playing this game but my little 2 card start is doing pretty well won like 20 games with it and smashed an opponent with a 160-160 so im new it was fun. not seen any like it so far its little slow but hits harder then anything i seen in this game.
Finally a FUN brawl! Having a good time with this one. Just a tip for the degenerates out there -- yes there are degenerate combos in this brawl, but here's how it is supposed to work: you find the degenerate combo, you play it ONCE, and then you move on to other things. You don't just play Wyrm & Missiles forever, or Radiant Elemental & Mind Blast forever, or summon-two-dudes and Level Up forever. Get your pack and then try some interesting combos to see if you can make them work.

Some wacky ones I tried that seemed to work pretty good:

Naturalize / Spreading Plague -- only works if your opp plays minions, but when he does, it's brutal. Naturalize everything he plays until you run out of naturalizes and then start playing plague. You'll easily burn half his deck away and then he dies in fatigue.

Witches Cauldron / Arcane Artificer -- this is a weird one. You start with no spells and probably need to wait until turn 4 so you can play a Cauldron and an Artificer in one turn. But once you have some shaman spells in your hand from the cauldron this one can quickly spiral out of control. I tried it a few times and got to 93 armor once, and 102 armor in another game.

Doomed Apprentice / Primordial Glyph -- this was so-so, but did lead to some funny games.

I also tried Hallucination / Tess -- eh, couldn't make it work, it's super inconsistent and the number of degenerate decks out there is high.
Since the nerf is incoming soon I went with a quick Paladin with Murloc Raider and Call to Arms. Everything else I've been doing has just been experimenting.

Funnest thing I've played so far was Witch's Apprentice with Unstable Evolution

Nastiest stuff I've seen have been Lost in the Jungle with Lightfused Stegodon or Bring it On with Shield Slam
I won on the first go using Upgrade + Shield Block. Stack upgrades, when you're hurting for cards, play Shield Block. Go face. Only weak against taunts. (Or weapon breaks, but pretty low chance of seeing those)
Crystalline Oracle + Psionic Probe (Bad if opp has no spells but +tempo from Oracle wins in the long run)
Crystalline Oracle + Twilights Call (Slower than above but probably better vs. other control decks)
Upgrade + Unidentified Shield (Just spam upgrade and armor until turn 6)
Naturalize + Branching Paths (Lotsa armor and draw when you need it)
Complete Bull!@#$ Brawl especially now since people are Exploiting in Wild Cards.
Book of Specters + Glacial Mysteries turned out to be the best combination there is, I strongly recommend it.
One combo that has won me many games is using Mage:

Sorc Apprentice + Cinderstorm.

Beat many Mana Wyrm + Arcane Missile mages, and even outlasted a Bring It On! Warrior.
A lot of players don't know how to have fun with this brawl. They just play the same boring combos all the time. Heck, play those once to get your pack then play all kinds of combos just for the fun of it because playing tavern just to rack up wins is pointless after you get your pack.
05/18/2018 09:48 AMPosted by bmtisback
A lot of players don't know how to have fun with this brawl. They just play the same boring combos all the time. Heck, play those once to get your pack then play all kinds of combos just for the fun of it because playing tavern just to rack up wins is pointless after you get your pack.

I don't find the 2 card coin flip brawl to be fun at all, but it is efficient as you can get a lot of wins and a lot of quests done quickly, so I am one of those people just playing a boring OP combo, because it is just a grind.
Ive tried maybe 6 "decks" and the best by far is Arcane Missiles and Black Cat. this is far superior to the Mana Wyrm missile deck I have only lost 4 times in 47 battles. the card draw seals the deal.
05/18/2018 02:36 PMPosted by SilverBilly
Ive tried maybe 6 "decks" and the best by far is Arcane Missiles and Black Cat. this is far superior to the Mana Wyrm missile deck I have only lost 4 times in 47 battles. the card draw seals the deal.
The best thing about this brawl is that the balance is self-correcting, which is why I'm playing Naturalize + Ferocious Howl right now, a deck that destroys Black Cat + Missile.
Fun combo I have been playing is warrior Upgrade! and Bloodsail Raider. Super aggressive braindead deck but is really fun to play. No-one is running weapon removal in brawl so you end up with permanent weapon and beefy pirate ladies. Only thing to watch for is duskbreaker, other than that you kinda just hit face until they give up.
Oracle (death rattle: copy cars from opponents deck) + mind blast destroyed druids, but lost to pretty much everything else... Feels bad man
For the one win choose that 1/2 murlic that gets plus 1 for each murlic played and the 2/3 murlic that gives 1/1 to a fellow murlic. It's unbeatable. Only deck that competes is mana worm magic middle.

Backstab and this our town scrub was a fun to reminisce.

The end is coming and mind blast is effective.
05/19/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Tet
Oracle (death rattle: copy cars from opponents deck) + mind blast destroyed druids, but lost to pretty much everything else... Feels bad man
Which druid deck are you talking about? I can't imagine Naturalize/Ferocious Howl losing to that; you'd just howl until they had a board full of minions then Naturalize all of them to eradicate their entire deck in one go.