waste of a nerf

Play Mode Discussion
i appreciate that most of these recent nerfs seem minor, and affect cards used in a few of the most popular decks in the meta.

the only exception however, is crystal core. seriously, what was the thought process about this nerf? quest rogue hasn't been played competitively since the nerf that made it take 5 minions, who cares what size the minions are? making them 4/4s now will only cause the card to never be played again.

you could have made death knight gul'dan resurrect demons you have CAST or ones that were killed, or made skull of the man'ari lose durability...you could have targeted a number of other cards that actually matter to the wild meta but why bother with this old, already unplayable card?

p.s. - the naga sea with nerf was a way to make that card unplayable. not sure why, as it really wasn't ruining wild so far, but oh well.
The goal of a proper nerf is to help level out winrates, not totally destroy deck archetypes.

Also, making Skull lose durability would actually be a buff.

Did you forget about Rin?

You don't want Warlocks that can cheat out their demons, lose their skull, AND THEN delete your deck if you survive.
quest rogue hasn't been played competitively since the nerf that made it take 5 minions,

You obviously didnt watch the latest HCT championship.... Quest Rogue was in nearly all the line ups.
05/16/2018 02:27 PMPosted by FMCorps
You obviously didnt watch the latest HCT championship.... Quest Rogue was in nearly all the line ups.

20 out of all the lineups presented, to give you an idea cubelock was in 43, even paladin was 45, spitefull druid was in 48 and aggro mage was 29

fount: https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/5541-hct-americas-summer-playoffs-2018-full-decklists
it seems You obviously didn't watched them too.
05/16/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Swift
You don't want Warlocks that can cheat out their demons, lose their skull, AND THEN delete your deck if you survive.

doesn't rin say "Battlecry: put a seal into your hand"?

i fail to understand how rin has any relevance to skull losing durability.

azari ALSO has "Battlecry: remove your opponent's deck", so again...why are we worried about that?
05/16/2018 04:13 PMPosted by UrukEnkidu
05/16/2018 02:23 PMPosted by Swift
doesn't rin say "Battlecry: put a seal into your hand"?

i fail to understand how rin has any relevance to skull losing durability.

azari ALSO has "Battlecry: remove your opponent's deck", so again...why are we worried about that?
Azari itself is a Demon. If the weapon is still out while Azari is in your hand, you don't get the battlecry. That's why Control Warlock doesn't generally play the Skull.

Rin's effect is a deathrattle, so it'd likely be fine if Skull brought her out, but you'd have to wait until you draw another Demon before you play your last Seal, and then hope to win the coin flip.
05/16/2018 01:43 PMPosted by UrukEnkidu
quest rogue hasn't been played competitively since the nerf that made it take 5 minions

You obviously don't hit Legend often (probably not at all) or watch any HCT Events.
I guess I must be crazy because I'd much rather play against QR than my current experience which is made up mainly of huge match swinging RNG discovery and Mana cheating garbage.
quest rogue hasn't been played competitively since the nerf

You haven't watched the recent tournament to make that conclusion. Almost every guy who competed had a Quest Rogue in their lineup

the naga sea with nerf was a way to make that card unplayable. not sure why, as it really wasn't ruining wild so far, but oh well.

Clearly you're not playing enough wild either to say that Giant locks are not ruining wild
05/16/2018 04:30 PMPosted by KamChancelor
quest rogue hasn't been played competitively since the nerf that made it take 5 minions

You obviously don't hit Legend often (probably not at all) or watch any HCT Events.

05/16/2018 04:09 PMPosted by LeMao
05/16/2018 02:27 PMPosted by FMCorps

20 out of all the lineups presented, to give you an idea cubelock was in 43, even paladin was 45, spitefull druid was in 48 and aggro mage was 29

fount: https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/5541-hct-americas-summer-playoffs-2018-full-decklists

funny. i'm not the only one who doesn't think quest rogue is the scourge of legend rank.

it's also funny that the streamers i watch play a lot more than me don't seem to run into them that often either.

maybe someone is exagerating a little bit?
05/16/2018 05:09 PMPosted by metaisborken
quest rogue hasn't been played competitively since the nerf

You haven't watched the recent tournament to make that conclusion. Almost every guy who competed had a Quest Rogue in their lineup

the naga sea with nerf was a way to make that card unplayable. not sure why, as it really wasn't ruining wild so far, but oh well.

Clearly you're not playing enough wild either to say that Giant locks are not ruining wild

lol. which mode DO i play? i'm really curious. please do tell me what i play?

Oh my bad it was only in 50% of the lineups... What an under-powered deck e.e
quest rogue hasn't been played competitively since the nerf that made it take 5 minions,

Spoken like someone who is not currently rank 5+.

Sorry pal but Quest rogue is still a major player in high to legend ranks.
Most players agree that 5/5 to 4/4 is already the least impactful nerf in the group.

If you cannot close the game with one mana 4/4s, then use Valeera DK to duplicate endless Sonya or Zola.
05/17/2018 12:18 AMPosted by Wtflag
Most players agree that 5/5 to 4/4 is already the least impactful nerf in the group.

If you cannot close the game with one mana 4/4s, then use Valeera DK to duplicate endless Sonya or Zola.
I mean It should be the least impactful nerf of the ones they did. Questrogue was no way near as good or popular as Cubelock or Paladin.
Quest Rogue is very competitive right now, both in tournaments and on the ladder. I was just looking at a meta report today that had it at the third highest win rate among players rank 5 and above. We've been doing a lot of playtesting with Quest Rogue at 4/4 and I still expect it to be favored vs some control decks, just not all of them.
05/17/2018 12:29 AMPosted by August Dean Ayala
Quest Rogue is very competitive right now, both in tournaments and on the ladder. I was just looking at a meta report today that had it at the third highest win rate among players rank 5 and above. We've been doing a lot of playtesting with Quest Rogue at 4/4 and I still expect it to be favored vs some control decks, just not all of them.

My only question is that why do you feel that a deck with little counter play when it comes to interplay with the Quest and an uninteractable playstyle should be competitive? What does it achieve that you want in the meta?
05/17/2018 12:50 AMPosted by xFoobs
My only question is that why do you feel that a deck with little counter play when it comes to interplay with the Quest and an uninteractable playstyle should be competitive? What does it achieve that you want in the meta?

It creates unique play styles for those who are looking for combo-oriented gameplay, while playing very differently from other popular combo styles.

Like Control Warrior to token decks, it also creates a hard check to specific play styles, helping the meta check itself when certain decks or classes take-up a dominating share of the meta game.

If you're going to ask combo decks to justify their existence in Hearthstone, I'm going to ask that you turn the question around on your favourite deck as well (whatever that might be) and answer why it should exist in Hearthstone. I can assure you, the vast majority of games you've won with it have been because your opponent hasn't been able to sufficiently interact with it.
"...making them 4/4s now will only cause the card to never be played again."

and hopefully exactly this will happen