Buff tyrantus?

Play Mode Discussion
This is a half-joke but hear me out.

How about we also buff Tyrantus ? From 10 mana to 9 mana. I mean it would be nice to see it played from hand and from SS. It was never played from hand even with all that Beast synergy from Kraken. And actually it is not that srong as 9-drop since it has no proactive effect like Ysera, Lich King or statue. Yeah the passive and the gigantic statline are annoying, but it's a slow card when not played on turn 6/7 attached to 4/4 body. Also, on turn 9 you have pretty much identical removal options as on turn 10. That one turn to draw it is tiny difference and Druid can't really do much beside Naturalize or Spellstone with 1 mana anyway.
Came for the troll. Actually found myself liking the idea.
This reminds me of that time when they wanted to "buff" Kel'Thuzad by upgrading him to 7 attack, thus making him a target for BGH.

I, too, like the idea.
Actually lowering the mana cost to 9 would be a good nerf to spiteful summoner. There would still be Deathwing at the 12/12 level (in standard anywho) but he'd be targetable by spells.
This would be awesome!! Mainly because of spiteful Summoner.
05/17/2018 05:10 AMPosted by UllaPopken

It would... spite the summoner?

I'll just let myself out now...
I'm still wondering why druids,that can ramp, don't use it at 10 mana.
05/17/2018 07:40 AMPosted by falkenar
I'm still wondering why druids,that can ramp, don't use it at 10 mana.

After multiple turns of dumping their hand toward ramp, they want to refill their hands with UI. Afterward there are usually better plays when you can drop multiple smaller threats that each demand removal instead of one large threat that is somewhat difficult to remove. Then there is the issue of running too many 10 cost cards in the deck since if you draw poorly you may just outright lose.

In regards to OP's suggestion, I actually really like this idea. Its an interesting way to indirectly nerf a card which is overperforming, while leaving the identity of what the card is meant to do in place. I wonder if Blizzard also considered this alternative, and if so, why they wouldn't have gone with it. Perhaps if Spiteful needs more toning down they will attempt a change like this instead.
05/17/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Morthasa
05/17/2018 05:10 AMPosted by UllaPopken

It would... spite the summoner?

I'll just let myself out now...

Just get out...

No, don't turn around...keep walking...