Hunters really need better card draw options...

Play Mode Discussion
I was messing around at mid-high wild legend (around 100-200) with hunter the other day and I realised Quick shot is an absolutely amazing card. It can go face, be used to trade and can cycle when hunter goes into top deck mode.

I wonder if Blizzard will ever print cards like Quick shot for hunter again. I feel with the direction they're pushing hunter right now that it's unlikely.
You all seem to forget about dire frenzy. If you have 2 of them in your deck, you've put in an extra 6 cards into your deck, you can (and definitely should) put 2x tracking into your deck, to find key cards faster. If you have DK hunter you shouldn't aim to win with fatigue, you need to get those zombeasts out asap, and just run the opponent over.

Personally, my deck looks like standard beast hunter, except it has only DK as a 5+ cost card. We finally reached a point where highmane has become too slow to be worth putting in a midrange deck, lol. The inclusion of cave hydras basically seals the deal against paladins if they can't kill it on the turn you play it. Against any late-game deck other than straight up OTK ones, hunter DK outvalues it. Dire frenzy on like a 1 or 2 drop is insane value as well, though sadly echo cards don't echo the buff.....

Just build a super aggro deck to win by running people over (or hold on against face mage cancer), and in situations where you feel that you won't accomplish that, instead aim to not lose until you can get DK rexxar out and win that way.
Unless you get stuck choosing Rhok'delar or Rexxar, it honestly doesn't matter.
Cult Master could serve as card draw engine if comboed with Unleash the hounds or alive "trade-able " board pressence .
There are neutral such as Novice Engineer , Gnomish Inventor , Harisson Jones , Witchwood Piper , Countess Ashmore , that could serve as some card draw .

As Thorodan said instead of card draw , hunter was given mostly Random card generation cards ( Stampede , infest , Hunter DK ....etc etc )

Hunter Quest offers some extreme draw once your quest is complete , but it dilutes your deck with the added cards in a way that you might not find certain cards when you need them . The low cost minion requirement may put you in tough spot in late game and usually it takes time to complete that quest .

Perhaps something that contributed on hunter not having enough card draw was the sticky nature of some hunter/neutral cards used on deathrattle hunter decks ( deathrattle summon another minion type cards ex Highmane ) . Many of those certain type minions have already rotated some still exist , but not all metas have worthy deathrattles available to support this archetype of deck .
05/29/2018 09:13 AMPosted by TheQuietOne
You all seem to forget about dire frenzy. If you have 2 of them in your deck, you've put in an extra 6 cards into your deck, you can (and definitely should) put 2x tracking into your deck, to find key cards faster.
Agree this definitely helps enable Hunter to run more than one late-game combo...or reliably not-discard the 2nd trigger or combo piece with a 15 or less Tracking. To boot...I may start running the 3/4 shuffle deathrattle 1-cost..to protect the cards you want for your late-game combos.

Problem with this is it takes Tracking to a mostly-dead card...it puts a priority system on Tracking to be held until after T5 min....and more importantly...you have to draw that Frenzy first...we don't have Shadow Visions f/e (Rexxar's drool is all over the place). +1

If you have DK hunter you shouldn't aim to win with fatigue, you need to get those zombeasts out asap, and just run the opponent over.

Respectfully...I was hoping for a world where DK Rex isn't so included in big hunt (and apparently even aggro Hunter's run it?). Like my problem with DK rex is...well..the card is so played and samey. Like...sure the beasts are different...but at the moment for standard all the beasts are about the same. Big Heal Rush, Big Poison Rush, Big Posion Stealth...I mean maybe a taunt for their Owl?

Part of why I'm so hoping for new-draw is to deckbuild. Better draw could open up different late-games where DK Rex's supplementing isn't wanted anymore...for those who value being unpredictable.

Just build a super aggro deck to win by running people over (or hold on against face mage cancer), and in situations where you feel that you won't accomplish that, instead aim to not lose until you can get DK rexxar out and win that way.

Mages...
Rogues....don't forget Rogues....
Rexxar doesn't like Wyrms and Blink Foxes that's for sure.
Good thing Zoo isn't popular because that was always Rexxar's nemesis...that has been outclassed by like 80 percent of HS being zoo.

Hearthpwn has a cool idea up for Rexxar -
Hibernate 1-mana spell:
"Freeze a friendly beast...when it unthaws..draw-2".
Idk - I see Aggro Hunter freezing their 1-drop and winning? Price of Owl's at 3 these days...so the counter is...1-cost cards that deal damage...or coin-hero?

To me the spirit of Hunter at its core is Wolf + UTH. I run that in most decks...it never-doesn't feel awesome...heck its soo easy to reliably have both by T4+. It's a shame UTH + Wolf can't be with Kathrena or Bowman.
Feign Death is just the best thing Hunter ever had...
Desert Camel cool. Steamwheelde and Genn. Geddon + Toxic...probably the coolest combo ever...delete everything except deathrattles n shields....then Gul'Dan laughs at your 3-health poisoned-out / malnourished Elemental with his ping....style points tho.
05/28/2018 02:47 AMPosted by Raoul9753
Tracking can really hurt you (and in my case does so in most cases) because you have to burn 2 cards, flare only gives one card and...

Well, thats basically it for hunter card draw...

There is that one minion, but it has really bad stats and is way too expensive...
Agreed
leave it to a retarded hunter to bump a year old thread
The funny thing is that Hunter DOES have several forms of card draw now, and look what it's done to the class. Maybe the reason Hunter's design is based around poor card draw is because nearly every one of their cards has excellent quality, so allowing them to draw too many of them too fast might cause balance issues?

Also creating a sock puppet just to necro a year old thread is really bad form. The least you could have done is necro the thread from your main account dude.
Great idea!! Why don't we give the class with the highest winrate more powerful tools??
01/03/2019 07:29 PMPosted by FurryTail
Great idea!! Why don't we give the class with the highest winrate more powerful tools??

Dis got necroed is why.
Wow.... Yep. I just walked into a zombie. OK THEN! *Shotgun blast to zombie's head* I'm out of here! lol
All the Hunter Haters must be down-voting this.. Seriously, remember when Cubelock was a thing and Hunter was rarely seen? Why don't we all take our heads back to that Expansion so we can collectively agree that the Hunter class needs better card draw.
01/03/2019 09:04 PMPosted by Mesden
All the Hunter Haters must be down-voting this.. Seriously, remember when Cubelock was a thing and Hunter was rarely seen? Why don't we all take our heads back to that Expansion so we can collectively agree that the Hunter class needs better card draw.

More likely than not, people who are downvoting it are those who see the title and OP without taking a look at the date that the post was actually made.
I played hunter unranked since I don't have any of the hunter hero cards and people quit when they saw i had hunter. LOL.
01/02/2019 05:23 AMPosted by JulianGalaxy
Agreed

lol

You have rhok'delar and Rexxar just as has already been said.

01/03/2019 09:04 PMPosted by Mesden

That was then, Now the mostly likely time we see cube is hunter.

Remember now when deathrattle hunter is still a thing.