I am done until an auto-squelch is put in

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 25 Next
06/16/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Gwyneth
In the meantime, I don't understand why none of those android techie types haven't bothered to create a 3rd party app for mobile that does this for you. As my brother used to say, "Some rules do not bend, so I go around them."

Can't speak for anyone else, and I'm not exactly a techie. I just like this kind of thing.

I'm pretty damn sure there are programs that you can do this with, old school autohotkey being one of them. Problem... Could be seen as a bot. Even if not having an auto squelch did bother me... I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

I curious enough... I just don't care enough. By far.
06/17/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Nautika
06/17/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Wardrum
Who said they don't have the time or resources? They've made it pretty clear that it's an active decision to not implement that feature. They don't want it in their game right now. I'm not arguing against your right to disagree with said decision but let's not paint it as a different picture.

See you are once again giving out misinformation. That was OLD management, and until the NEW management says something you are simply spreading false information.
The entirety of Team 5 hasn't been replaced, and Ben Brode wasn't the only person making decisions. Besides, changing leadership doesn't mean a statement from Team 5 goes into some nebulous state of limbo until re-stated. What an odd thing to say.

Again, I'm not saying you have to agree with their decision, but you can stop trying to paint such a different picture of things any time now. It comes across pretty troll-ish.

Edit: In fact, here's some Blue text specifically from a thread asking if their stance on auto-squelch has changed due to Brode leaving:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20763066111#post-6
Stance from Team 5 remains the same. If/when updates are made, messaging will be done to inform everyone.
06/15/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Mand
The decision has been made

I don't recall any decision ever being made, nor do I recall any official statement that clearly states why they came to their decision. You know, something that tells the community why they will or will not make a certain change.

06/15/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Mand
At some point, you have to accept that you aren't a dev.

This is coming from the guy who likes to talk as if he were one lol.
I don't recall any decision ever being made, nor do I recall any official statement that clearly states why they came to their decision. You know, something that tells the community why they will or will not make a certain change.

Willful blindness on your part does not invalidate their response.

The search button is in the top right corner.
k, bye!

"The pleasure is mine!"
06/17/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Knappco
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Agreed. I want something changed as well, so will be reportin every single thread on this topic as spam. It has been answered many times and that answer is no. If that policy changes we will be informed. Until such a time every topic regarding the issue is , by definition, spam.

6 pages and 24 hours later, that seems to have worked out really well for you. Looks like we aren't breaking any forum rules, so maybe you should just keep your own nose in your own stupid business. Don't like auto-squelch threads, don't !@#$ing click on one.

Ahhh, the inevitable "if you dont like it, ignore it" argument. Dont you find it just a tad hypocritical to be telling me to ignore it in a thread regarding auto-squelch?
Here is the link I made on the Arcane Tracker reddit inquiring about an AQ option for Mobile users. I encourage you to comment/upvote. (I'm LadyPhoenix74)

https://www.reddit.com/r/arcanetracker/comments/8rvbd5/mobile_version/
06/17/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Gwyneth
06/17/2018 04:39 PMPosted by TheLegend27
I just downloaded the auto squelch plugin for Hearthstone Deck Tracker and it works wonders!

I also download Graveyard and Arena Helper.

The plugins are very easy to install too! just drag and drop in the HSDeckTracer plugin window.

You should try it too.

Honestly, I think that because a 3rd party app included an Auto Squelch for PC players, mobile playerd want one as well. It seems silly to me to ask Blizzard for one when the developer of the tracker program are the ones that created the app that includes an auto squelch in the first place.

Has anyone contacted the creator/dev team of HS deck tracker to ask for an auto squelch on mobile?

I see your point.

Altho there is a problem with it. To make a overlay app to be able to create "ghost touches" on your smartphone screen,you would need your phone to be rooted (Android) Because no app can simulate touch press without root access, since it is a "very dangerous" level of security (and Google is right)

The pluging I downloaded for HSDeckTracker works by forcing my mouse into certain x and y position of Hearthstone screen hit right click on my opponent's portrait and then hitting the squelch balloon. For Android, it would be similar but with touch instead.

If you have used any kind of auto touch (autoclick) for Android, you know you have to give root permission for such app, thus, having to have your phone rooted.

They could make something like this for smartphones, but every player who would like to have access to such feature would have to have their phones rooted.
06/17/2018 04:30 PMPosted by traja
06/17/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Derpanite
This is why they get locked every time, it starts with a civil discussion every time and as it goes on it just escalates into nothing but yelling back and forth.

The responses to this topic are always so strange. There is this bizarre opposition to adding a single check box to the options menu. People are willing to write paragraphs to oppose that check box being there. Another group goes even further and argues against even bringing the topic up because of what the devs have said in the past. Ironically enough they end up bumping these threads instead. Then the thread gets locked and the cycle continues.
I didn't read all the post in this thread, just giving my thoughts on this one.

Have you stop to speculate why? This may lead to some political stuff, but I think it has more to do with toughening up in RL. It was basically peer to peer interaction that made an individual fit for society, teaching social skill, toughening up their mental state for any hardship to come, until at certain point government started to intervene more in regulating it. Peer to peer interaction has some downside, such as bullying. But a side effect of this government intervention is that it created panzy out of some people, when normally they would try to adapt, evolve so to say, to get out of that situation.

This emote thing is the same deal. Some people, including me, don't understand how trivial thing such as emoting can bother some people that much, hence some calling them snowflake. They just don't want government catering anymore than it already is. Are some people that insecure or something? It's not like there is no option for squelch. Having to do it every game is no excuse. You can easily click squelch while you are evaluating your opponent, what class they're playing, what deck archetype it can be, planning out your game plan based on your opening hand.

I'm sure some people who oppose auto-squelch are indeed emoters who try to get under your skin. Are you gonna let them? Some people QQing on this forum is already giving them satisfaction unless you noticed. Rope the emoters for all I care. I still say learn to deal with it, cause you're gonna get angry/offended a lot in RL if emoting bothers you. Then again, there are already so many angry/easily offended people around. I'm sure it's related.
06/17/2018 07:41 PMPosted by TheLegend27
06/17/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Gwyneth

Honestly, I think that because a 3rd party app included an Auto Squelch for PC players, mobile playerd want one as well. It seems silly to me to ask Blizzard for one when the developer of the tracker program are the ones that created the app that includes an auto squelch in the first place.

Has anyone contacted the creator/dev team of HS deck tracker to ask for an auto squelch on mobile?

I see your point.

Altho there is a problem with it. To make a overlay app to be able to create "ghost touches" on your smartphone screen,you would need your phone to be rooted (Android) Because no app can simulate touch press without root access, since it is a "very dangerous" level of security (and Google is right)

The pluging I downloaded for HSDeckTracker works by forcing my mouse into certain x and y position of Hearthstone screen hit right click on my opponent's portrait and then hitting the squelch balloon. For Android, it would be similar but with touch instead.

If you have used any kind of auto touch (autoclick) for Android, you know you have to give root permission for such app, thus, having to have your phone rooted.

They could make something like this for smartphones, but every player who would like to have access to such feature would have to have their phones rooted.

I had to google what a rooted smartphone is, and from what I understand, it essentially gives the user access/control to the operating system itself, so you'd have to root your phone, and then set it up to be able to process the AQ option because it is programmed for a mouse, and not a touch screen? I'm trying to make sure I understand this properly...
06/17/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Gwyneth
06/17/2018 07:41 PMPosted by TheLegend27

I see your point.

I had to google what a rooted smartphone is, and from what I understand, it essentially gives the user access/control to the operating system itself, so you'd have to root your phone, and then set it up to be able to process the AQ option because it is programmed for a mouse, and not a touch screen? I'm trying to make sure I understand this properly...
Rooting your phone can also lead to security compromises and outright bricking it as well for folks who don't know what they're doing. For most folks, I honestly don't recommend it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I see your point.

Android has levels of permissions, normal and dangerous.

Normals are the most common ones a app asks like Internet Connection.

Dangerous are the ones where the user MUST give permission to the app:

Contacts, Storage, Camera, Microphone etc.

Touch Screen are root level of access, since letting an app have the ability to "touch your screen" can lead to a lot of security gaps.

It not because "it programmed for a mouse" since Android touch are "mouse clicks" too (you can connect a mouse to your Android and it will recognize as such)But to make such app, you will really need root permissions.

This is just how Android are built, because Google thinks their user base are dumb, and they want to protect their users from themselves. But if you want to root your phone, go ahead.
+1

BM emotes make this game unbearable sometimes. Bad game + insult to injury... I can easily find myself in a blind rage that takes the better part of an hour to subside.

To reiterate a point I frequently make on auto squelch threads, the emotes wouldn't be so bad if they weren't such a poor quality. Tyrande and now Lunara both have much higher quality emotes that are almost hard to get mad at. If team 5 is so dead set against auto-squelch, the least they could do is revamp the emotes. They current ones are just so infuriatingly sarcastic and pathetic
I played against a murloc shaman rank 8 wild as hunter. I got crab + hunting mastiff off of the build a beast hero power as soon as my opponent got the game turned in his favor. I cleared out his entire board. It's because of stupid stuff like this that makes the game so rage inducing. I'm personally in favor of getting this feature. I've had to use it every game for years now to make it playable to me.
I hero power and emote!
06/17/2018 07:42 PMPosted by sky3union
This emote thing is the same deal. Some people, including me, don't understand how trivial thing such as emoting can bother some people that much, hence some calling them snowflake.

You are a snowflake in your own way as you are not perfect nor do you not complain about nothing. (everyone complains about something)

You call us snowflakes because we complain about something you don't UNDERSTAND (and that is the problem you DON'T UNDERSTAND so you lash out). Again I state go read up on autism.

You people keep bringing up social interactions etc forget 1 simple rule about social interaction: It has ALWAYS been about being OPTIONAL in all walks of life. If i go to a baseball game or a concert I still have the option to talk and socialize or ignore everyone. You can't FORCE me to interact with you, you can't force me to like you or be your friend etc.

I simply do not want to have ANY social interaction with anyone on this game while I am playing it. It isn't because i am a snowflake or because I am anti-social it is because I don't play games to be social I have real life friends for that. Get over it.
06/17/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Mand
Telling you what the devs have said on the topic is not trolling.

But it something a MVP wouldn't do. If you go read how to because a MVP, it's say you help the forum community with constructif post ....

Feel free to say thing like that all you want but could you remove your MVP tag ?
06/18/2018 10:34 AMPosted by MadeInQuebec
06/17/2018 07:19 AMPosted by Mand
Telling you what the devs have said on the topic is not trolling.

But it something a MVP wouldn't do. If you go read how to because a MVP, it's say you help the forum community with constructif post ....

Feel free to say thing like that all you want but could you remove your MVP tag ?

Wait.....

How is repeating official answers not literally the most constructive posting possible when answering questions?

Don't even start with he wasn't answering a question. These threads are literally the question: Are you going to implement auto squelch? The answer is: No.

It's not a discussion any of us are part of, and may not be a discussion anyone is having at all.
06/18/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Ace0Spadez83
06/18/2018 10:34 AMPosted by MadeInQuebec

Wait.....

How is repeating official answers not literally the most constructive posting possible when answering questions?

Don't even start with he wasn't answering a question. These threads are literally the question: Are you going to implement auto squelch? The answer is: No.

It's not a discussion any of us are part of, and may not be a discussion anyone is having at all.

Go back thru all his posts he is condescending and outright a jerk while doing it and that is NOT A MVP period.
06/17/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Mand
Willful blindness on your part does not invalidate their response.

Ah, then make I and others see the error of our ways. Show us the official statement regarding it by an actual developer. One that clearly states the reason, as they have always given for changing or not changing something, in their own game.

I'll wait...