Hearthstone ruined for everyone

Play Mode Discussion
Remember when we made our decks our used the meta decks we found to try them out. NOW, they ruined the game. unoriginality from SO SO SO many people. Here are the examples...
Shaman deck with the same cards all leading to the exploited battlecry cards and the legendary repeating them
Rogue decks with the 1 cost weapon that keep all enchantments and they keep drawing it unendingly.
Get to 9 mana and you have the mage get unlimited lifesteal. If it was just the hero power creating the life draining summoned water elemental that would be different.
How about the taunt warrior who gets a wonderful hero power doing 8 damage. WAY to even out the quest line.
Add your exploits below, I know I missed some. I even think some are legit since they need to fall in a certain order making it an unknown race instead of a guaranteed win. My point is they need to fix this. Not just have the majority (and I mean MOST of the players using the decks I mentioned) get an easy run to the 500 mark. If this has been brought up already then I apologize. But I am close to quitting the game since launch because of the nonsense (especially the rogue and shaman). Make this your petition. Let them know if your angry as I am. I still play my own decks and have fun doing it. well, had fun. And to anyone facilitating these exploits... A shame you never knew how fun this game use to be.
...What if people have fun with good decks?

Personally, I do both. Been having a blast with my Elemental/Control/Burn deck, but when i want to switch it up, Quest Warrior, Kathreena Hunter and the occasional Odd Paladin can be fun escapes from how most of my personal creations play out.
Good decks is one thing but the whole game being won no matter what was played the entire game, all because of one card. I don't think one card should decide the match. Its a crap shoot after 8 rounds to see who can draw the card first. Not much of a game. Heads or Tails would be more fun imo.
i'm so disappointed,

06/17/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Kizzy
Good decks is one thing but the whole game being won no matter what was played the entire game, all because of one card. I don't think one card should decide the match.

the OP didn't say "one card...", he actually listed 4 or 5, each one a different class.

again, this thread really disappointed me. i came here because the title made me think there was some link to deviantart artwork or something...
06/17/2018 07:40 PMPosted by UrukEnkidu
i'm so disappointed,

Good decks is one thing but the whole game being won no matter what was played the entire game, all because of one card. I don't think one card should decide the match.

the OP didn't say "one card...", he actually listed 4 or 5, each one a different class.

again, this thread really disappointed me. i came here because the title made me think there was some link to deviantart artwork or something...

It was the original poster... who made exactly two posts... both in this thread.... Wonder what that means...
Good decks is one thing but the whole game being won no matter what was played the entire game, all because of one card. I don't think one card should decide the match. Its a crap shoot after 8 rounds to see who can draw the card first. Not much of a game. Heads or Tails would be more fun imo.
I've beaten plenty of Mages after the dropped FLJ with my Elemental Mage, Quest Paladin, Quest Warrior, Even Warlock and even my own Big Spell Mage having not gotten FLJ out until several turns AFTER them.

It's a powerful card, but doesn't single-handedly decide the game every time.
I used to make my own decks, but it took to long to make a decent deck and you needed a lot of cards.

Now the meta changes pretty much every time a report comes out.

I don't consider hearthstone ruined because of that.
Good decks is one thing but the whole game being won.

"Whole game being won?"

Against shaman that you think do nothing and using low stat minions, you think thats a "win"?

You think you are in charge while all you do is still inside of the shaman prediction. And you think you won it?

No.

A win is simple. You managed to kill opponent.

What happened before you achieve it, cant be called a "win." No matter how big your army was.
06/17/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Wardrum
...What if people have fun with good decks?

Personally, I do both. Been having a blast with my Elemental/Control/Burn deck, but when i want to switch it up, Quest Warrior, Kathreena Hunter and the occasional Odd Paladin can be fun escapes from how most of my personal creations play out.

Im the same. Generally what I do is once I hit a safe point on ladder such as rank 5 where im at now then I switch to more fun decks for a bit. I may or may not make progress but at least I wont drop on the ladder.
Sometimes you do ok because people are not expecting it.
So make your own deck, I am currently playing cthun warrior with yip. Quite fun, decent win....at least at rank 11 : ) Might not be that good at other ranks. Games of course takes quite a lot to complete.

Highlight is 4x cthun using 1x guy that shuffles it back and 1x dead mans hand

By that time I have just very few cards in deck, so its kind of like cthun after cthun.

Friend is playing a rotface enrage deck, also quite fun, bit too much rng for my taste.

I am not playing standard so I do not know the situation there, but wild is open for all kinds of fun decks.
OP youre not adressing the real problem and why people are leaving this game in droves. Sure there might be a lot of different decks in the current meta, but practically NONE of them are skillbased. This game has become so dumped down, even a monkey with an IQ of 15 can get a positive winrate. Its become so bad I even stopped going for rank 5, and Ive been getting legend pretty consistently for a long time now. You simply cant, with any sort of integrity, call this game competitive anymore.
20 min ago
OP youre not adressing the real problem and why people are leaving this game in droves

source?
source?

He heard of a guy, who knows another guy, who once met a person who read something on Reddit about someone who Tweeted something about Hearthstone they saw on Snapchat.

Sure there might be a lot of different decks in the current meta, but practically NONE of them are skillbased.

There isn't a single CCG in the history of the genre that has any deck of any kind that requires any more 'skill' to use than a doorknob. People who whine about the different levels of 'skill' required for different CCGs are like people who complain about the different level of 'skill' required to put on different pairs of socks.
I'm just over all getting tired of losing to cards my opponent Randomly discovered.
06/18/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Boreas
20 min ago
OP youre not adressing the real problem and why people are leaving this game in droves

source?
My friends list. Used to be filled with people playing hearthstone, now its vacant. They all say the same thing, game has become stale because it takes no effort.
06/18/2018 08:13 AMPosted by TheRiddler
source?

He heard of a guy, who knows another guy, who once met a person who read something on Reddit about someone who Tweeted something about Hearthstone they saw on Snapchat.

Sure there might be a lot of different decks in the current meta, but practically NONE of them are skillbased.

There isn't a single CCG in the history of the genre that has any deck of any kind that requires any more 'skill' to use than a doorknob. People who whine about the different levels of 'skill' required for different CCGs are like people who complain about the different level of 'skill' required to put on different pairs of socks.
Here comes the Blizzard appologist again. Yep, convinced you are a forum troll now. And you clearly havent been playing storm or doomsday in MtG, have you?