Let us buy old card backs.

Community Discussion
I’m well underway for golding out Renolock. I’ve got a long ways to go, but I’ve got one major problem. I don’t have the Cabal Cardback from when MSG launched in December of 2016. I’m not asking for this for free. I’m not even asking to use gold to buy it. I’ll buy that good ol’ card back for real money. I’d pay $5. I’d pay $10. I’m desperate enough to fork over $25 for it. I’m sure there are a lot of people that would love to buy card backs for $5-$10 to get a cardback that they missed for whatever reason. We missed our chance to get them for free, but you guys at Blizzard have an opportunity to turn our inattentiveness into some sweet sweet profit. I’ve got what you want and you’ve got what I want. Whad’ya say Blizz? Can we do business?
Well you choose a fitting avatar at least :P

I prefer they add them back if they are going to do it via the Tavern brawl or quests. They added year of the mammoth one not to long ago for a tavern brawl if you didn't have it or a pack if you did.

If they get added to the store then we should be able to buy them for gold as well as cash.
Because you cannot use money to obtain certain things they are becoming more unique and desired.
Blizzard just wants you to keep checking on HS to get such an things.
It's called buisness and keeping players interested.
League of legends does the same. Daily quests. Event icons.
Keeping players interested in game and not letting him to part with game and forget it is buisness. Face that.
05/26/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Voidslash
Because you cannot use money to obtain certain things they are becoming more unique and desired.
Keeping players interested in game and not letting him to part with game and forget it is buisness. Face that.

The question is how much money can they gain from letting us buy the backs. I don’t log on because I necessarily want the card backs. I mostly get on because I think “Bad business to miss out on the free quests. Better complete at least one.” Make no mistake I play all ranked games to get to rank 20 in the past and my measly 5 wins nowadays to get the cardback if I remember to. Why not use this as a chance to gain a few dollars from those forgetful few (or many) that have a completionist’s mindset or in my case want a specific cardback for a specific deck. A Renolock deck filled to the brim with legendaries and epics that all need to be golden.

Right now I’ve slowed down on goldening the deck to fill out some more of my wild decks, but the moment they open the cabal card back for purchase, Blizzard will all but guarantee that both my f2p and purchased packs will be consumed by golden Reno (We WILL be rich brother!).

I do understand that the card backs gives some players their special feels, but let’s be honest with ourselves. Can the “hard earns” really generate more revenue than the cardback sales? I actually do know a guy who is a hardcore completionist for almost every game he has. The poor sod only joined around WotOG, and is missing a massive portion of his cardback collection. He says he’s okay with that, but that’s over a hundred dollars that could be gained from him alone if the sales go live. If Blizzard wants to offer ways to get the cardback for free, I’m all ears. I’m just saying I’m willing to buy the crap out of the Cabal cardback. Hell, I’d buy the campfire cardback from that July of 20XX as a sign of good faith. I’m not asking to buy the ETC. Not that I’m against that.
Going for a necro-bump. I’d love to hear more players’ takes on this topic.
you want to buy cosmethics in a pay to win game?

dude, if you're so stuffed with money, send me some codes for packs ffs

There are a lot of people who started to play in 2016 or in 2017, therefore missed cardbacks\heroes. Although they also missed expansions and adventures, they are able to buy and play them.

Maybe let cardbacks of the current year be unobtainable, until new year comes.
After new year comes a player will be able to buy old year cardbacks in shop.
I think it's fair, cause active player can enjoy newest cardback for the whole year.
09/02/2018 06:25 PMPosted by GrimBerry
Going for a necro-bump. I’d love to hear more players’ takes on this topic.

I don't mind this, but only the for the seasonal card backs.

They should NEVER bring back promotional items for sale.. it kills the entire purpose of having them in the first place.

And don't make them available all the time.. maybe make them available once a year for 1 week or every 6 months
These were promised along with the Tyrande hero skin to be brought back during the year of the mammoth.

While Tyrande may or may not be caught up in some third party whatnot (they won't actually confirm or deny anything) the cardbacks they have 100% control over, but for some reason haven't released them. Be sure and bring this up whenever they have a Q&A, or if you get a chance to ask a question at blizzcon.

Call me old fashioned, but when you make a promise, you should keep it. Especially when something like this (the cardbacks that team 5 has 100% control over) can be done with the flip of a switch.
They should at least bring more to the shop or Update it, all we have are 3 cosmetic heroes and packs.
09/05/2018 01:14 AMPosted by Riha

There are a lot of people who started to play in 2016 or in 2017, therefore missed cardbacks\heroes. Although they also missed expansions and adventures, they are able to buy and play them.

The problem is the old timers could buy the expansions and adventures with gold (I did) but the new comers have to fork over actual money.

Basically it is 'didn't get into the game early on and get adventures and packs for only gold? Well sucks to be you.'
I had a lot of health issues this past month, and therefore did not get the Lemonade cardback -- I LOVE collecting the cardbacks, and HearthS'mores is one of my favorites. The fact that I missed out on such a great (also food-related) cardback is a really silly thing to care about, but I do! Please, please make it possible to buy it. I don't care if I have to wait until 2019. I'm fixated.
My wife and I both play and I managed to get a card back she didn't because she was spending all her time studying rather than playing. I dislike the card back myself so asked if I could just gift it to her.

Basically response was nope. Now I can see why people would like to buy card backs or characters as some of them are exclusive in an unfair way. Dalaran flame cardback for example. Us Europeans would be unable to get this back.

For one, card backs or characters should be available world wide and not restricted to certain areas (The Tyrande controversy for example) and two any card back or character should be available for purchase IF they failed to get it on the required month as some people dont have time for even 5 wins.

I myself was laid up in bed for months with a broken hip so was unable to get tons of backs. (PC in front room I was stuck in bed) So yes I would like to be able to buy card backs. For an actual decent price though. 3-5 dollars would be ok per back
I started playing since it came out. I didn’t find out that you get card backs for hitting rank 20 until a few months later. I haven’t missed a monthly cardback since...

I do feel very cheated out on those first few months of card backs I missed out on because I didn’t know there was any reason to play ranked mode other than the reason to have a rank...
I've only started playing now.. years after release. Really enjoying the game but yes, a way to get some older cardbacks would be really appreciated.
Agreed - let us buy the older Winter Veil cardback for some Holiday Cheer, please!
Any feedback/reactions/updates about this topic?
I would also love to buy some of the old card backs!
Unfortunately it looks like not enough ppl do support this, to force any feedback.
:(